• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yeah for me! I managed to trade into Valdoro...I have a question

sorriso

Reaction score
Back in August 2007 I polled TUG folks about a destination for a family vacation with grown and scattered children. Last night I confirmed a week in late August; yeah!

For anyone who's familiar with Valdoro? Is it possible to request a unit and if so, which would you suggest? I'd love to have a plus unit, what are my chances?

Thanks,
Linda

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
You didn't say what size you have -- if you have a 2BR plus unit, those are the units w/ the private hot tubs outside on your deck. Those are all on the second floor facing the mountain. I personally like the 2BR units on the fifth (top) floor the best, as they have a vaulted ceiling in the living space and it makes for a great, open feeling.

The units at Valdoro are very nice, but a bit on the small side. Also, be advised that they do not have air conditioning. This is usually not a problem, but you may experience a hot spell in August. In the evenings, it cools down quickly so it should not be a problem sleeping. The staff there is great. One of the nicest amenities they provide is a free van shuttle -- the driver will take you anywhere in town, and then you just call him up again on his cell and he come and pick you back up. This is especially nice in winter, because it is near impossible to find parking at times.

You can visit Valdoro's web site for more information.

Enjoy your trip! We will be there for a long weekend at the end of July.

Kurt

Last edited:

sorriso

Reaction score
Thanks Kurt, I've been all over Valdoro's website, it was one of only two that I'd had an RCI search on since September. We have a two bedroom. Do you know if the units are pre-assigned or can we request? At any rate, I'm very happy so it really doesn't matter what we get! Lack of air isn't a problem, we're from Maine, don't have AC and manage to survive a handful of hot nights just fine.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know specifically about this resort, but I am always one to carefully request certain rooms/locations as view and proximity are important to us.
What I would recommend is you contact the resort directly and find out who can help you with those requests, who works with "rooms control". They are the people that do room assignments. Contact the person you need to about 6 weeks from your arrival date. Give them some detail but not too much and if you can find a property map, give several different buildings that you'd like.

Good luck!

Janna

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I don't think they pre-assign units out much in advance. The last time I had a 2BR reservation (last month in January:banana: ), I talked to the front desk about a week before my arrival and requested the top floor. It worked like a charm, and I made a special point of thanking them when I arrived and found out I received my request. So I would suggest giving them a call (it couln't hurt...).

I don't know if you would be able to get a plus unit, as those are a separate class of units (in the HGVC system, they "cost" more points/night than a regular 2BR). The fifth floor units are classified as regular units. I know some people have said they prefer the mountain side over the town side, but personally I think the town side has better views. The property is built into the side of a hill, and on the town side you are at least two stories higher than the mountain side. That means you are going to have less trees to obstruct your view. Plus, there are mountains on all sides of Breckenridge -- you definitely have a "mountain view" from the town side as well.

Kurt

sorriso

Reaction score
Janna and Kurt (again!), thank you both for your suggestions.

Linda

king1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Linda,
We like the view from the high rooms on the east(town)side. Some of the low ones closest to the lobby(north end) can be noisy because of the garage door and auto traffic. It's doubtful that you'll get one of the deluxe units, but the standard ones are far from "standard"! We've seen more coyotes from the mountain side units.
I have Valdoro for this Aug, and am still hoping for 09. It hasn't shown up on my searches for a while--maybe a trade power issue? We usually trade for one or two Aug weeks there and are still using the same deposits, so maybe not? Do you mind telling if you can still see any weeks there, and what you used for trading? Valdoro is one of our favorite places in CO, along with the Wren in Vail.
king1

sorriso

Reaction score
king1: We traded through RCI points system (which I am very unhappy with and will be out of RCI this year) and own at Vacation Village Parkway in Orlando. I can't seem to find any way to find availability online although I thought I recalled being able to do that in the past. Recently I sent a private message to another TUG member who said in his posts that he could watch availability online. I asked him how he did this and it was through II. I guess I'm not much help.

Thank you for your information about the units at Valdoro. I am very excited to spend a week there.