• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yay! Another exchange!

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, so last Friday (10/14) I put in a request for our usual Caribbean resorts for wifey's spring break (4/7-4/14). Today, we get confirmed for The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina in St. Maarten. We gave up a Grande Vista lock off and got a lock off there. Very psyched; Xmas week in the Cayman Islands, spring break in St. Maarten, July 4th week on the Spanish Mediterranean followed by a week cruise of the eastern Mediterranean. Gonna be a good year!!

Haven't been to St. Maarten in 9 years. We remember Grand Case, but will need a recommendation for car rental and anything else interesting.

Thanks!!

Stu

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice vacation line-up - very envious here as I book yet another vacation for friends not us because of my work schedule.....

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Haven't been to St. Maarten in 9 years. We remember Grand Case, but will need a recommendation for car rental and anything else interesting.

Thanks!!

Stu

Always been happy using Kenny's car rental. Lesley Bruce is great and will meet you right in the airport parking lot to deliver and pick up your vehicle. bruce@sintmaarten.com

TomR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of changes in the last 9 years. I think you will like your resort as it is fairly new and I believe all of the units have a view of Simpson Bay. You will also be in walking distance of several bars and restaurants, including the Buccaneer Beach Bar, the Greenhouse and Toppers. I rent from Unity and always have had great service, but many of the local companies are good.
Tom

LouiseG

Reaction score
So jealous of your upcoming year. Maybe I'll win the Florida Lottery and be able to plan a similar itinerary. I hope you have a wonderful time. We climbed the old slave trail at Loterie Farm and sailed the America's cup boat when we were there a few years ago. Both were great experiences and I would do each again when we return. Best wishes for wonderful vacations.