• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yankee Magazine: The Berkshires - An Insider’s Guide

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
If you are interested, the Yankee Magazine’s January 2020 cover story is about the Berkshires.

774DE250-807F-4BBB-BE55-CED005E799AF.jpeg

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Love that magazine. I have a subscription for years.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I haven't gotten to the Berkshires article yet, but there's a wonderful article on things to do in winter in the Camden/Rockport/Rockland area. We are headed to Trade Winds in Rockland for the MLK 3 day weekend. That hotel isn't much to look at from the outside, but the timeshare rooms are nice enough, and I love that we can park the car and walk to anything in town. One of the favorite vacation spots for the kids for some reason. Will dogear some pages in Yankee for that weekend! (Now on to the Berkshires article...we are headed there for April vacation week!)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- Polynesian (2017)
Thanks for sharing!
I haven't gotten to the Berkshires article yet, but there's a wonderful article on things to do in winter in the Camden/Rockport/Rockland area. We are headed to Trade Winds in Rockland for the MLK 3 day weekend.
Are you me? Thanks for pointing out the Rockland area article.. I'm heading up to Samoset Resort next winter. It will be my first time being north of Boston. We're also going to Berkshires in April (Oak n Spruce) and then Smuggs for 4th of July week.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok.....I will confess, I made it 1/2 way through the article on the Berkshires and never finished. For the past 10 years or so, I keep thinking we should check out the area and everytime something comes up that would work, I research and think it is just going to be too slow going for us. I don't need much to entertain the family....but I do need something. Missy, you will need to report back and let me know what the crew thinks. Enjoy the long weekend in at Rockland!!!!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for sharing!

Are you me? Thanks for pointing out the Rockland area article.. I'm heading up to Samoset Resort next winter. It will be my first time being north of Boston. We're also going to Berkshires in April (Oak n Spruce) and then Smuggs for 4th of July week.
Nope...I'm not you, but I sounds like we have similar vacationing tastes! You will love Samoset. We really enjoy this area in winter. There are a few restaurants that close, but most stay open, albeit with limited hours. The Camden Snow Bowl is a fun little mountain for skiing. We've got a full agenda for our three days in town this trip. ;) We've not been to Oak n Spruce. It's been years since we've been to the Berkshires....my 16 yr old twins were just babies. We stayed at Bentley Brook with my mom and dad. Looking forward to exploring it with older kids. I think we'll find enough to do. Norman Rockwell Museum, a little thrift store shopping, a bookstore or two. My kids get "testy" when they get dragged around from one thing to another. Smuggs is hands down our favorite spot for an exchange. We'll be there mid-July this year. The past two years, we've been there for the summer solstice. We were all crammed into a 1BR, but we had a blast. I snagged a 3BR this year for mid-summer, and wouldn't you know it....kids wanted to be there the earlier week so they could see the friends they'd made. :/ Can't win!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Samoset is wonderful. Been there years ago. Love the whole area - especially Camden-and we even traveled up to the Acadia National Park for a day trip from there.

I liked the Berkshires, but I was a little bored there. Smuggs. of course, is always fun and I love the state of Vermont.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I live in the Foothills of the Berkshires and would recommend going there from mid May to peak leaf season. Let's hope April is good this year for Missy. VV is in the boondocks, with few restaurants and even less in nearby grocery stores, but then it has been quite a few years since we stayed there. Not sure if there is anything left of the Berkshire Mall which was down closer to rt.90. There is a nice view from a mountain top near the resort area- can't remember it's name. Rockwell Museum is on the outskirts of Stockbridge. The livelier part of the Berkshires is Pittsfield south to the CT border on rt.7. South of Great Barrington to near the CT border on rt. 7 is almost wall to wall antique stores. Gt. Barrington is an interesting town but quite a drive from VV.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I live in the Foothills of the Berkshires and would recommend going there from mid May to peak leaf season. Let's hope April is good this year for Missy. VV is in the boondocks, with few restaurants and even less in nearby grocery stores, but then it has been quite a few years since we stayed there. Not sure if there is anything left of the Berkshire Mall which was down closer to rt.90. There is a nice view from a mountain top near the resort area- can't remember it's name. Rockwell Museum is on the outskirts of Stockbridge. The livelier part of the Berkshires is Pittsfield south to the CT border on rt.7. South of Great Barrington to near the CT border on rt. 7 is almost wall to wall antique stores. Gt. Barrington is an interesting town but quite a drive from VV.
Tony, dear, we'll be fine in the Berkshires in April. :) Remember, I'm in Rockland, ME right now in January. I can find something good about almost anywhere!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We stayed at Oak'N Spruce in Lee a couple of October's ago and loved the area.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I live in the Foothills of the Berkshires and would recommend going there from mid May to peak leaf season.
Ok, I'm aware of leaf season in the Fall, but in the Spring?

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
May weather is usually pretty good and mud season is usually over. The area is not that crowded as it will be in June and the summer and it is a great time to see the area attractions and activities. Ski season is well over by then. Some things like Tanglewood will not be open until mid June.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Tony, dear, we'll be fine in the Berkshires in April. :) Remember, I'm in Rockland, ME right now in January. I can find something good about almost anywhere!
I remember being in Southwest Harbor in February one year - not bad except for the snow overnight on our last day there.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm aware of leaf season in the Fall, but in the Spring?

On a similar note we have been to NH many times in all seasons with the exception of spring. But, on our last couple of journeys (summer and fall) I got to thinking about how all the waterfalls on our hikes must be running in the spring. DD has a few days off in April this year......maybe time to check it out!

The problem I usually have by April is that I am tired of the snow and cold and just want somewhere warm...…..