• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Xel-ha or Xcaret

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We staying at the Royal Mayan at the end of May and looking to book a private tour of Tulum and looking to add either Xel-ha or Xcaret. What would be your recommendation? We will have 6 adults (ages 62-35) and 4 (ages 15-6) children in our group.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I've been to both and like X-caret the best.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
XCaret. Do a search on this forum and you'll find a thread probably from last summer with a lot of posts on both.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done both and loved Xcaret. Make sure you do the night show. It's wonderful. I didn't understand a word but didn't need to. It was the BEST!!!

shaggy

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Stayed at RM ourselves and chose Xcaret as there was more to do than snorkel. We stayed for the show.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Could someone reminds me the difference between the two? We went to one but I honestly don't remember which one...:eek:

Canuck

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it depends what you and your group like to do. We were a family of with 2 boys, 7 & 9, plus Grandpa. We prefered Xel-ha, we love the snorkeling and water sports.....everyone is differant. My friend went to both with her 4 kids and they were split down the middle. The girls loved Xcaret more and the boys liked Xel-ha more.....

Let us know what you decide!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Here are the websites for both. Check them out.
http://www.xcaret.com/ Has the underwater caves, mini ruins, cowboys, & awesome night show.
http://www.xelha.com/ Good snorkeling, all-inclusive meal feature, natural lazy river.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the websites for Xcaret and Xel-ha. What are the best websites for Tulum and Chichen Itza?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
thanks for the website. Now I do remember that we went to Xel ha. Very nice and fun for the day.

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to both and loved both for different reasons.....I'd do both if possible...I do have to say the night show at X-Caret was great...

Mydogs2big

TUG Member
Reaction score
Xel Ha is like an All Inclusive. You can eat and drink as much as you like for free, enjoy the water, have fun in the sun. Kinda an enjoy each other environment. Our young and drinking friends would prefer Xel Ha.

Xcaret is more like a museum, you look and learn and enjoy the wildlife and of course there are beautiful places to enjoy resting by the Carribean and snorkeling with both free wildlife in the bay or captured wildlife in their snorkeling holes and at the end of the day you watch a beautiful Mexican show full of great costumes etc. We would prefer Xcaret but we've been there too many times now hosting others. We might now want to just hang out and eat at Xel Ha. Xcaret has food and drinks like Disney.

You must go to Xcaret if you've never been.