• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndhams new auto upgrade feature

Jae1242

Reaction score
How will you handle Wyndhams new policy of instant upgrades? We reserved Bonnet creek for new years (4bdrm)and I'm worried we wont be able to get our discount/upgrades. If Wyndhams system is auto upgrading reservations that means if I cancel to get point discount and possible upgrade, I will definitely lose my reservation because "someone" chked the "instant upgrade" option. If I can't get my discounts, we will be doing more staycations! Not happy with that I guess we have 2 wait 2 see how it plays out.. I wish there was a voting system to allow owners 2 veto policies we dont agree with...

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I started last year was to use a ARP/RARP reservation for where I would want to go to make sure I got a vacation I wanted for a family re-union. Then changed it by popular demand of family to where they wanted to go in the non ARP/RARP period. Just paid full points.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
How will you handle Wyndhams new policy of instant upgrades? We reserved Bonnet creek for new years (4bdrm)and I'm worried we wont be able to get our discount/upgrades. If Wyndhams system is auto upgrading reservations that means if I cancel to get point discount and possible upgrade, I will definitely lose my reservation because "someone" chked the "instant upgrade" option. If I can't get my discounts, we will be doing more staycations! Not happy with that I guess we have 2 wait 2 see how it plays out.. I wish there was a voting system to allow owners 2 veto policies we dont agree with...

What you fail to understand is that canceling and rebooking and upgrading for to get a 4 bedroom at half the one bedroom price is gaming the system some might even say cheating the system and other owners. It was never intended that we be able to do that

Discounts and upgrades are meant to fill the less popular times and places not to provide us with deep discounts on the good stuff

I don't like it any more than you do but These changes are to make a more fair (fairer) system. If you were to take a vote we would be outvoted by the non VIP owners

To your question; how will I handle it. I'm gonna pay full price for the good stuff and also learn how to enjoy th desert in the summer and the beach in the winter

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Look on the bright side, mother nature provided air conditioning in the winter for beaches and heat in the summer for desserts.

Jae1242

Reaction score
The thought of paying full price is upsetting especially when Wyndham tells you about all these VIP discount "benefits" when buying from them that are now only useful for last min reservations..

Jae1242

Reaction score
I wish I could travel off season but the kids school schedule is restricting us from that perk right now...

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

The best way to handle this is either pay full price for the 4 bedroom presidential or during the ARP / standard reservation window, book two one bedroom deluxe/presidential units.

At the time you book the reservations, check the box for the instant upgrade on both units and hope that both reservations are upgraded to two bedroom deluxe units (but understand that if you only book one bedroom deluxe units, there's a small chance that one or both reservations may get upgraded to one bedroom presidential units).

And understand that if you choose to cancel and rebook the one bedroom units within the 60 day VIP window, you may lose your place in line when it comes time to upgrade. This is speculation on my part, but many on TUG think the line will form based upon the date you booked the reservation and your VIP status. Platinum owners will get first crack at upgrades between 46-60 days from the reservation check in date.

If you're Gold or Silver VIP, depending on when you prefer to vacation, upgrades may be difficult to get.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I just do not think you are going to be able to get those kinds of upgrades anymore. Especially in prime season. What you might be able to do is book a 3BR PR and a 4BR PR and hope you are in the cue for the upgrade if your cancel and rebook fails. I don't know how many you are traveling with but you don't lose your vacation that way. Just a little cramped.

Jae1242

Reaction score
I just do not think you are going to be able to get those kinds of upgrades anymore. Especially in prime season. What you might be able to do is book a 3BR PR and a 4BR PR and hope you are in the cue for the upgrade if your cancel and rebook fails. I don't know how many you are traveling with but you don't lose your vacation that way. Just a little cramped.
Unfortunately, I wouldnt take the risk so I guess Im stuck with paying full price until another loophole is discovered. Thank you everyone for your insight!!