• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Vouchers are a nightmare...

elleny76

Reaction score
Nothing is available.

If Wyndham gives away this vouchers they should grant any week to the owners as they choose.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing is available.

If Wyndham gives away this vouchers they should grant any week to the owners as they choose.

Something you got for a problem with your stay?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If it is the kind that still has a redemption fee, Wyndhams cost is probably $10-$30. If it is the kind where there is no redemption fee it is for the kind of inventory that RCI rents out for about $199 and wyndham's cost is probably around $75 assuming many won't be able to use the certs anyway. That is like saying that instead of nabisco giving out coupons for buy 3 get $1.00 off they should give out coupons for get 3 boxes of Oreo cookies for free.

Wyndham is giving you a certificate for unused unwanted inventory. If it isn't something you can use than don't use it. If you had a choice of rewards and took the RCI cert, next time take the prepaid Visa even if it is only $25 or $50 if you don't want to stay in a 3rd tier Orlando resort during less popular times of the year. Some people find those resorts very nice and like to travel during the off season.

elleny76

Reaction score
Yes, We had a problem with our stay and the management apologizes and gave us the voucher. We understood and even though our suitcases and shoes got damage we were cool about it since we didn't want to damage our vacation. I should have asked for my points back. Besides Wyndham takes 3 or 4 days if anything to respond.

No redemption fee or any fee or presentation. Only to be used within Wyndham resorts.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
No redemption fee or any fee or presentation. Only to be used within Wyndham resorts.

I got one of those. The voucher said that you had to book within 60 days for something available 2BR or under (it noted that it may need to be smaller if in a city), so I planned for an off-season visit somewhere that I thought may have availability at that time and had a few different options in mind since I figured there was no chance of getting anything highly desired or during summer or holiday. We had a 2 BR in National Harbor during Veteran's Day weekend last year.

How long do you have to use it? Where are you located? Perhaps I, or someone else here, might have some good ideas for you to help you enjoy it.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have fixed weeks that online access lets me pay the bill and reminds me the date of my confirmed stay which may be Saturday check in with week x. Since sometimes all resorts don't use a standard check in calendar and Friday of week X might not be the day before Saturday of week X (because the year started on a Saturday) that info is helpful and I would miss it.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
My nephew and his wife are ministers. They have 4 little ones and don't own a house or have any steady income. A week ago they left the family they were staying with and flew to Orlando from Oregon to be with his Dad who needed to be moved into hospice care. They plan to be in Orlando for at least a month. First week they have use of a donated week at Reunion. Of course he's happy to attend a 'presentation'. They promise him a coupon for a free week in the resort if he attends. His father died this week and he's heavy into mourning, but he goes to the presentation. Wyndham wants to help him out so they give him coupons for 2 weeks in a timeshare and they leave this meeting so happy for a partial solution to their housing problem... God is good. Okay, they call the number to get their free unit (the week before Memorial Day no less), and wonder what they have to do to get availability. I get a call from my sister to find out a magic number for them to call to find a cancellation. I tell them all I know is to keep calling the number on the coupon. Maybe something beyond understanding will happen.

It really miffs me that Wyndham sales built up their hopes like that and they don't even qualify for one of those meetings. They gave them 2 weeks worth of useless vouchers. I don't think they can even use them later on when they go back to Oregon. Wyndham isn't in Oregon.