• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Virtual Annual Owners Meeting

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I'm watching. Not too interesting, so far.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The education guy might be better off just providing the TUG address.... ;)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I didn't know there would be commercials.

I am not impressed so far. Next trip at Bonnet Creek, Rick and I are wearing our "I paid more for this shirt than I paid for my timeshare." shirts. Could be fun.

Last edited:

troy12n

Reaction score
Somebody complain about the loss of 1 night stays please...

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Mine keeps pausing. It's not my internet.

Geoff is a bundle of energy as a speaker. NOT!

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
No not that interesting yet, but that guy did the best and succinct summary of the each of the membership types I have ever seen.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So 1 day stays may come back someone down the road. It will be revisited. But NOT at this time.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
No issues here viewing it.

Sure hope you aren't missing the Q&A.

Q1 - Fees and expenses increase every year, can you explain why? :ROFLMAO:

They did just take a question on 1 night stays. Between covid protocols and resource issues, one night stays put additional strains on the resort thus they at this point they are not planning to go back to one night stays. They will continue to revisit bringing them back (but I heard no plans at this time).

And oh lordy -- Annie just said inventory is real time! Do you think she really believes that? She sure talks about like she believes it is. Wow, just wow!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And oh lordy -- Annie just said inventory is real time! Do you think she really believes that? She sure talks about like she believes it is. Wow, just wow!

She is drinking the Kool-aid on that one for sure.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
First time I've attended one of these. Not sure I'll do another. I didn't find it to be worthwhile although I'm sure it was useful for new owners.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They have been more informative than this one was, because they usually share something system or program changes upcoming, but that happened in Aug already and not now.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The education guy might be better off just providing the TUG address.... ;)
bonus membership points if someone asks that question if they do a q and a session =)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Y'all see how fast the finance lady raced through the two slides showing owner counts and owner points down?

troy12n

Reaction score
Y'all see how fast the finance lady raced through the two slides showing owner counts and owner points down?

That's not hard to imagine, considering the exodus of the mega renters, now that their gig is up... like roaches when the lights get turned on.

Many 1 million + contracts on ebay right now that won't sell

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
She is drinking the Kool-aid on that one for sure.

Inventory is real time - what she said was accurate. People here on TUG seem to believe otherwise though - likely because of past experiences. It has been this way since mid-2017 in reality.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
They have been more informative than this one was, because they usually share something system or program changes upcoming, but that happened in Aug already and not now.

The in-person format is more informative because there's a live Q&A portion that is missing from this online format. You could also approach the speakers directly after the completion of the scheduled meeting and get a lot of direct questions answered.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inventory is real time - what she said was accurate. People here on TUG seem to believe otherwise though - likely because of past experiences. It has been this way since mid-2017 in reality.

Perhaps accurate, but not helpful. It was true because, for example, canceled reservations are not returned to inventory that is available to be booked via Club Wyndham for certain periods (or never). Similarly, the inability to book certain resorts due to back end issues (e.g., Bonnet Creek this month) did reflect the inventory available to be booked via Club Wyndham. What makes the statement not helpful is that inventory may nott actually reflect unbooked units, which is what someone likely was asking about.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Inventory is pseudo real time. Cancellations do not immediately come back into inventory, there are other process (like upgrades, or delay by random design) that are doing something with that inventory (maybe or maybe not) and then it eventually comes back into inventory if it is not matched up for someone else to book.

People (LIKE ME) here on TUG, have observed many situations where inventory never returns, even inventory that is NOT on the upgrade path. I cancel a studio unit. That studio should NEVER be on an upgrade path. Yes Immediately or within 20 minutes of constant observation, that unit Never returns. So that is NOT live inventory, and I doubt that unit would be picked up and booked and not hit one of the searches I refreshed in those 20 minutes, like every 10 seconds. There is a KNOWN systemic delay before inventory comes back, it was put in place by design by Wyndham to prevent the old Cancel and Rebook days. So for a period of time, while that cancel inventory goes wherever it goes, it is NOT live in the inventory system, it is not booked either.

Yes it is hard to pinpoint a specific unit in inventory, but finding a location that has a limited number of a certain type of unit helps. For instance I know La Cascada has only 3 of the 4 BR presidentials type units. If It is easier to do a test when there is limited unit types. I also have tested when upgrade paths are not an option. And not even then does inventory come back in a reasonable time. I have done this with other system like HGVC and it can be a few minutes to up to 15 minutes. It does not come back in 15 mins of constant observation in Wynd. And again this is without the auto-upgrade option even coming into play.

troy12n

Reaction score

Inventory may be real time in the database, but our access to it is only as the front end website and it's ancillary functions (monthly search, etc) allow.

I think if anything, the recent issues with entire months being shown as unavailable at places like Bonnet Creek, Kingsgate, New Bern and a couple others, and then magically re-appearing a couple weeks later have proven as such...

I know a couple people even called directly to VC's and even the resort, and they were telling the same story as what our searches were showing... booked sold. But not really.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Yep, cancelled inventory gets sucked up by the system, real time, the second a reservation is cancelled. I guess that is the going definition of real time. I don't buy the 'somebody snapped it up' BS. Nor do I buy that each cancelled day/room is immediately getting snapped up by the upgrade program, which would only happen during the upgrade window. Cancelled rooms go into a hold bucket, real time, until the next upgrade routine is run, at which time unmatched upgradable inventory becomes available. Next, someone is going to tell me that the upgrade routine is running 'all the time, yes, all the time' in the background.