• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham transfer missing points

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
I am on my third contract since the new site that was missing points on transfer.

One transfered October 6th with a use year ending September 30 so those points "expired" due to Wyndham delays - "too bad".

One was resolved as the seller gave me a screen shot showing all points left their account at same time that only some made it to mine.

The third I was told that when Wyndham moves points over those may or may not be the points you're going to end up with as it takes up to a month before they confirm points. What?!?!?

When I pushed and said seller long gone by then they agreed to "open a case ticket" and look into it.

And they need to update their system before they are able to adjust use year but they are keeping a list and will do after the update (which may or may not be by 12/31).

Ugh

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggest not holding what happened against the bearer of bad news. At least you know what you are looking at to try and get the matter resolved. Wish you luck on getting this one resolved.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggest not holding what happened against the bearer of bad news. At least you know what you are looking at to try and get the matter resolved. Wish you luck on getting this one resolved.
Wyndham's not just the bearer of bad news - they're also the source & cause. I'm having a substantially similar experience with my first transfer & it looks like I'm not as unique as they've claimed, lol! They're not doing well with systems integration just now. I've got a contract & MFs but no points or even use year on the new site even though everything supposedly is all good in the old system. That better be one heck of an update they're planning because it certainly seems like the system needs it!!

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
They got management fee, clearly a priority.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
They got management fee, clearly a priority.
I know, right?! I even said that to them in one of my calls, lol - that it's never the billing system that screws up, we'd be perfectly happy if they forgot to charge us for a month or two :D

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
The only thing that seems like a Win at WYN is their stock.

I just called in yesterday to combine two WM accounts. She happily took my $299 for the fee charge posted to card today. Then let’s me know it will take 6-8 Weeks during which time my dissolving account will be locked. This time is to create a one page document for me to get notarized, once I send it back it will take 6-8 weeks to finish and both dissolving and account being maintained will locked. So up to 16 weeks to combine two non deed accounts, pretty pathetic.

Hell I just sent recorded deed in to Grandview for a TS I bought Monday last week. 1 week latter Grandview already recognized me as the new owner, and this was a deeded unit.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only thing that seems like a Win at WYN is their stock.

I just called in yesterday to combine two WM accounts. She happily took my $299 for the fee charge posted to card today. Then let’s me know it will take 6-8 Weeks during which time my dissolving account will be locked. This time is to create a one page document for me to get notarized, once I send it back it will take 6-8 weeks to finish and both dissolving and account being maintained will locked. So up to 16 weeks to combine two non deed accounts, pretty pathetic.

Hell I just sent recorded deed in to Grandview for a TS I bought Monday last week. 1 week latter Grandview already recognized me as the new owner, and this was a deeded unit.
Wow, that's especially bad! Swear, I'd happily work for free if they ever decide to make an actual effort with getting their back office in order - data entry isn't supposed to be rocket science, dammit!!