• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham to replace GPR as manager

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to say, this seems incredibly dirty. NDAs do not apply to OWNERS. Owners have the rights to see any and all association documents (except pending litigation matters). To say that the board can’t share details of the bids and contracts with owners is a lie. Prohibited from sharing publicly sure. But owners have a vested financial interest in contracts. If someone were to do an official records request the board would legally need to provide it.

Dear KBV Owners,

As you know, your Board of Directors notified Grand Pacific Resorts that their management contract would not automatically be renewed on December 31, 2019. This notification was provided in May 2019 to Grand Pacific Resorts. At this point your Board of Directors engaged in the process of conducting due diligence on behalf of the owners at KBV to find what we believe in the exercise of our business judgment would be the best management company for our resort at this point in time.

The Board of Directors formed a committee of Larry Warner, Mark Twardzicki and George Keeney and issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) to multiple management companies. Multiple responses were received, and we began evaluation of the proposals. In early August we started with four companies and one dropped out due to scheduling demands. The Interval Owners Association executed Mutual Nondisclosure and Confidential Material agreements with each responding company. We are bound by those agreements not to discuss offers and terms.

Three companies submitted proposals, Capital Vacations, Grand Pacific Resorts and Wyndham Destinations. We offered each company an opportunity to meet with the RFP committee on September 5 & 6. All three accepted our invitation to meet. The proposals were comprehensive and detailed. The meetings gave the parties an opportunity to ask questions and clarify positions. The committee felt the meetings were very productive.

After meeting with the respondents, the committee analyzed the proposals in great detail. The law firm of Porter – McGuire – Kiakona – Chow – LLP reviewed the contracts in detail. The committee recommended and the Board decided to contract with Wyndham Destinations as the Board believes they offer the greatest opportunity for the continued success of Kauai Beach Villas.

We thank the companies that responded and wish them all well in the future. In particular, we want to thank Grand Pacific Resorts for the great guest experiences they have created over the past three years managing Kauai Beach Villas.

The decision was not an easy one. We received many inputs from owners favoring one or another of the companies we were considering. At one point we wished we could take the best of each company and create one management company to serve Kauai Beach Villas. They all excel in many areas of resort management.

We ask all the owners to join us in welcoming Wyndham Destinations to Kauai Beach Villas and encourage you all to help as they work with the Board to make Kauai Beach Villas the envy of every resort on Kauai.. We believe it is possible.

We have a lot of work to accomplish. There are structural problems in Buildings G & H that the AOAO is working to alleviate. Sometime in the fall of 2020 those two buildings will be closed so contractors can make repairs. The AOAO is evaluating repair proposals, schedules and contracts to ensure the best repair with the least impact on resort owners and guests. Work is currently underway on soffit and fascia replacement on both of those buildings separate from the structural repairs.

The board thanks the owners who reached out to us during this process. We heard from many of you and appreciate your input. You shared your views of the management companies and your desires for one or another of the candidates. We couldn’t hire them all and had a challenging decision to select one. Contracts have been executed and we now begin the transition of management from Grand Pacific Resorts to Wyndham Destinations. We are certain both of the companies will work together to make this transition invisible to our owners and guests.

Respectfully,

Kauai Beach Villas Interval Owners Association
Board of Directors

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I am surprised.:ponder::confused:

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am surprises, and sad.
I thought that we were going the right direction with GP.

Something is wrong.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
No one who is paying attention should be surprised. This was clearly the plan from the way the Board election was handled.

I wasn't aware of the structural issues with G and H. As a newly-minted oceanfront owner (we just got the welcome packet from GPX two weeks ago), that's not what I was hoping to hear.

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
Building G & H are on the ocean and get beat up the most. It is not surprising that they would be needing maintenance more often. I own G-1 and saw some signs when we were there in Dec.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
. . . I wasn't aware of the structural issues with G and H. As a newly-minted oceanfront owner (we just got the welcome packet from GPX two weeks ago), that's not what I was hoping to hear.
The construction of the KBV buildings used post-tensioned concrete (as opposed to pre-stressed). Steel cables were tightened within the floors to achieve this. The story of how it was detected is longer than I care to write, but cable failures were discovered and must be addressed. All units in the affected stack of apartments must be empty of people while this work is done. Given that the buildings are still standing, I believe this is a cost and inconvenience to owners but repairable.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The construction of the KBV buildings used post-tensioned concrete (as opposed to pre-stressed). Steel cables were tightened within the floors to achieve this. The story of how it was detected is longer than I care to write, but cable failures were discovered and must be addressed. All units in the affected stack of apartments must be empty of people while this work is done. Given that the buildings are still standing, I believe this is a cost and inconvenience to owners but repairable.

Jack - as always - thanks for the accurate and timely insight to the detail.