• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham to RCI Points Conversion Table

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
Is there points conversion table to calculate club Wyndham points to RCI? Or are is 1:1 conversion?

Or some thing like Value 1wpt =.5rpt and peak 1wpt = 2rpt? Or something like that? Please advise and many thanks in advanced.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
There's no direct conversion from Wyndham points to RCI points. Wyndham/RCI exchange costs are determined by a table that takes into account only season and unit size. (Be aware that season can only be determined by looking at points costs for a given geographic region in the Wyndham/RCI portal and does not correspond with existing RCI or Wyndham seasons.) Some resort exchanges have points discounts inside (I think) 30 days.
RCI-grid.jpg

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the table represents the average cost of a particular size unit in a given season. Probably based on the average value derived from the TPU weeks values and transfered into points. The result is depending on which resort you book it is either a better value or less of a value compared to a simular Wyndham resort.

With wyndham you could book a two bedroom from 154,000 points to as much asor 250,000 points at national harbor. If i could get NYC wyndham through RCI, it would be a great deal. Arkansas not so much.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
Got it. Thank you both for the response. I knew it wasn’t going to be simple, but figured I asked.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it. Thank you both for the response. I knew it wasn’t going to be simple, but figured I asked.
I have found out it is cheaper on many occasions to use RCI points over paying Wyndham maintenance fees. Add in the $239 reservation fee over using 154,000 Wyndham points compared to 77,000 RCI points its cheaper then paying the average maintenance fee of $6 per thousand for the non VIP owner.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found out it is cheaper on many occasions to use RCI points over paying Wyndham maintenance fees. Add in the $239 reservation fee over using 154,000 Wyndham points compared to 77,000 RCI points its cheaper then paying the average maintenance fee of $6 per thousand for the non VIP owner.
Now if you were to add to that a gold owner can deposit 35,000 points and Wyndham will deposit 63,000 points it is now even a better deal.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know a guy who ended up with millions of RCI points because of this feature.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now if you were to add to that a gold owner can deposit 35,000 points and Wyndham will deposit 63,000 points it is now even a better deal.

Its almost like double dipping.

JJVGHNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is an 80% point bonus. Is that right? Or is it 180%? So, if one deposits 35k, Wyndham deposits additional 63k? Or does the 63k include the 35k op deposited? Same as VIPG discount when booking Wyndham in discount window, right? If it's 80% for VIPG, what is it for VIPP?

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is an 80% point bonus. Is that right? It's not the same as VIPG discount when booking Wyndham in discount window, right? If it's 80% for VIPG, what is it for VIPP?
Same for Platium. Or it's 44% more points either way. Don't forget the RCI booking fee.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 63k includes the 35k. It's not an additional 63k. It's described as a "size upgrade" (a relic from the days of size/season deposits). So basically, a 35k deposit that would correspond to a quiet season studio is "upgraded" to a 1BR in the process of depositing it to RCI and becomes 63k points in RCI. This requires calling; it can't be done online.

JJVGHNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so does everything on the chart you posted earlier in this thread "upgrade" (one box to the right)? Or just studios? Or just quiet season?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any value or quiet - but as you can see from the chart, the biggest percentage increase of any size is for the quiet studio to 1BR.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 63k includes the 35k. It's not an additional 63k. It's described as a "size upgrade" (a relic from the days of size/season deposits). So basically, a 35k deposit that would correspond to a quiet season studio is "upgraded" to a 1BR in the process of depositing it to RCI and becomes 63k points in RCI. This requires calling; it can't be done online.
Close to a double on the points. Well worth a phone call IMHO.