• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Timeshares for Skiing

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
I posted in the beginner section about my interest in a skiing time share. Following locations came up that would be fit for me. This would be order of priority

• Bend Oregon (2 weeks Christmas)
  • Bear Lake Utah (President's day week)
  • Wolf Creek Utah (President's day week)
  • Park City Utah (week in late Feb after President's day)
  • Canmore Banff ( 1 week around Easter in April)

I was wondering if someone can tell me what are the ball park costs for 1 BR/2 BR for these types of weeks. I would like to do it alternate years.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
I posted in the beginner section about my interest in a skiing time share. Following locations came up that would be fit for me. This would be order of priority

I was wondering if someone can tell me what are the ball park costs for 1 BR/2 BR for these types of weeks. I would like to do it alternate years.
ALL the resorts you mention are WorldMark and only one (Park City) is a shared Wyndham/WorldMark resort (more Wyndham units than WorldMark, though).

As a Wyndham owner, I can only speak to Park City...

Just got back from Park City a few weeks ago...great resort, well located, great skiing. I had to reserve my stay well in advance (right at the 10-month window). I kept looking for a discount sixty (60) days before arrival but nothing was available for a longer (7+ days) stay. That means if you do want to go and stay in the same unit, it will be "full points" (see points chart below).

upload_2019-3-19_13-8-54.png

So a 1-bedroom would be 250K points and a 2-bedroom would be 308K points...is that the information you are looking for...?

Cheers!

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
ALL the resorts you mention are WorldMark and only one (Park City) is a shared Wyndham/WorldMark resort (more Wyndham units than WorldMark, though).

So a 1-bedroom would be 250K points and a 2-bedroom would be 308K points...is that the information you are looking for...?

Cheers!

Yes. Thanks. Can you tell me the approx. MF for 200k points @ Park City? I saw these prices for points

210k for $1525

233k for $1502

105k for $1075

105k for $1190

28k (!) for $403

245k for $1425

429k for $3215

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Yes. Thanks. Can you tell me the approx. MF for 200k points @ Park City? I saw these prices for points

You don't have to own Park City based points to stay at Park City. The only advantage to owning there would be that you could reserve 13 months ahead which is before all other Wyndham owners can reserve at that location. Own anywhere else and you can reserve Park City at 10 months out. So you could look for low maintenance fee contracts based on any Wyndham resort. Lower maintenance fees are at Bali Hai for about $3.66 per thousand points, National Harbor at $4.24 per thousand and a few others. This link shows 2019 maintenance fees at many resorts: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/2019-maintenance-fees.282471/

Bob

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

WorldMark has resorts in all the locations you list.

https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/worldmark-the-club-timeshare-information-overview.html

You will need 8,000 credits (1 BR in Bear Lake and Wolf Creek, UT) to 14,000 credits (Park City 2 BR) every other year. A 10,000 credits annual ownership provides a good maintenance fee/credit ratio.

Resale purchase cost on EBay runs about $0.20 - $0.30 per credit.

This is one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLDMARK-BY-WYNDHAM-10-000-ANNUAL-CREDITS-TIMESHARE/254154648786?hash=item3b2ccc2cd2:g:2z8AAOSwPcVVyRYu

2019 maintenance fees on a 10,000-credit ownership are $871 ($0.0871/credit). 8,000 credits = $700 and 14,000 credits = $1200 at 2019 rates.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many

Just got back from Park City a few weeks ago...great resort, well located, great skiing. I had to reserve my stay well in advance (right at the 10-month window). I kept looking for a discount sixty (60) days before arrival but nothing was available for a longer (7+ days) stay. That means if you do want to go and stay in the same unit, it will be "full points" (see points chart below).

I just understood the difference between WorldMark and Wyndham. It's really confusing because the Wyndham website lists Worldmark locations as well.

Ok. So what are the skiing properties from Wyndham that are not available with WorldMark? I walked by the Avon property. Definitely a nice location, I'd rate it as slightly better than the Wyndham Park City. I would probably use the Park City location more often though.

How about Steamboat? Is that in the same building as WorldMark?

Any other advantages for owning Wyndham that would complement a WorldMark membership?

IsaiahB

Reaction score
I just understood the difference between WorldMark and Wyndham. It's really confusing because the Wyndham website lists Worldmark locations as well.

Ok. So what are the skiing properties from Wyndham that are not available with WorldMark? I walked by the Avon property. Definitely a nice location, I'd rate it as slightly better than the Wyndham Park City. I would probably use the Park City location more often though.

How about Steamboat? Is that in the same building as WorldMark?

Any other advantages for owning Wyndham that would complement a WorldMark membership?

1. I think Avon is a Presidential Reserve resort. It may be difficult to reserve.
2. The Village at Steamboat is a multi-building resort, with separate buildings for WorldMark, Club Wyndham, and Vacation Internationale.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
It may be difficult to reserve

Here's a random weekend in April. I'm PR, so maybe I'm seeing availability that
others can't - but I thought the exclusivity thing didn't apply after we got down
to a month or so in advance. And most days in April are showing me availability.

Is the snow all gone by then? Some locations in Cali are talking about skiing into July this year.

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 1.39.00 PM.png

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
Here's a random weekend in April. I'm PR, so maybe I'm seeing availability that
others can't - but I thought the exclusivity thing didn't apply after we got down
to a month or so in advance. And most days in April are showing me availability.

Is the snow all gone by then? Some locations in Cali are talking about skiing into July this year.

Thanks.

Beaver Creek Closes on April 14th I think. Lodging is cheap and easy to find in April. I'm curious about for Jan/Feb/Mar 2020?

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about for Jan/Feb/Mar 2020

Well, I'm seeing plenty of availability for those three months. (I checked the second weekend
of each.) But again, I'm PR, so they hold a percentage of the inventory back from normal
reservations for me and other PR owners. Perhaps a non-PR TUGger could do a couple of
searches for you. Also note that we're outside the 10 month window for Feb or Mar 2020,
so only accounts with ARP/RARP/PR will be able to make reservations for then at this time.

I'm attaching the points chart from the official website (and the link is below as well, but you
need to be logged in to use it.) Note that my points results above reflect my 50% Platinum
VIP discount since that search was less than 2 months in advance. (Also recall that most TUGgers
will advise you that the Platinum discounts are rarely worth the upfront cost to obtain it;
there is a nice trick discussed elsewhere to get to Gold economically using the PIC program.)

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/resorts/details/R000000000171

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 2.09.27 PM.png

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
I am a Platinum VIP (thanks Mom & Dad!), not PR and I can currently see plenty of availability in January. The resort does specify a minimum 3-night stay...

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Avon - I am NOT presidential reserve, and I always see LESS inventory than a PR. LOTS of points to book at Avon when there is availability. Upgrades/ cancel / rebook - generally only see 2 or 3 scattered nights. If you want Avon and are not PR - you generally need to be diligent in looking, and book ahead (no discounts)

Wyn steamboat - I have no problems getting what I want up to about 30 days out (then smaller units when upgrades get the larger ones)

jlands

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Ka'Eo Kai
Can you tell me the approx. MF for 200k points @ Park City?

I believe Park City is all CWA. Meaning you can’t buy a deed specific for Park City.

That said, I don’t own CWA and I’ve stayed a week at Park City the last two years in Feb/March with no issues at all booking 10 months or less out.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
I believe Park City is all CWA. Meaning you can’t buy a deed specific for Park City.

That said, I don’t own CWA and I’ve stayed a week at Park City the last two years in Feb/March with no issues at all booking 10 months or less out.
nice.. good to know