• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Suites Fishermans Wharf Parking

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Ive read some posts about parking however I’m wondering if anyone can give any advice to my situation. We will be at Wyndham FW, driving up from San Diego. My issue is that we have a very large SUV and will need parking. The rental car co. Treated us very graciously and it was a deal we could not pass up (otherwise we’d have a smaller car)

Does anyone know how much parking is at this resort. We traded in using II so we are not owners. Thanks!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'm not 100% sure but it looks like there might not be parking at the resort. I would suggest calling the resort and asking them.

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
I own at this resort and there is parking available for guests on the ground floor of the building. I never use it so I can't attest to the ease of parking a large vehicle, but I have heard the spaces are tight. I believe it is still $22.00 per day, which is cheaper than the $30.00 per day charges nearby.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
The parking is limited in a kind of loading dock area that is shared with the laundry and delivery areas. You give your keys at the front desk and they rearrange cars to fit as best they can. Your car will likely end up in the middle and have to be moved frequently to make room.
Frankly, your overlarge vehicle will be a pain in the neck to most everybody else at the resort. While the rental car company might have given you a deal (and been "gracious"), you should seriously consider turning it down for a smaller car and paying that 'graciousness' forward in consideration for others. In addition to limited parking, the streets are also very crowded and you will have an easier time driving and parking elsewhere while there.

Sue

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
The parking is limited in a kind of loading dock area that is shared with the laundry and delivery areas. You give your keys at the front desk and they rearrange cars to fit as best they can. Your car will likely end up in the middle and have to be moved frequently to make room.
Frankly, your overlarge vehicle will be a pain in the neck to most everybody else at the resort. While the rental car company might have given you a deal (and been "gracious"), you should seriously consider turning it down for a smaller car and paying that 'graciousness' forward in consideration for others. In addition to limited parking, the streets are also very crowded and you will have an easier time driving and parking elsewhere while there.

Sue
I have also considered this. I don’t understand why you keep putting the word gracious in parentheses though. Thanks

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I have also considered this. I don’t understand why you keep putting the word gracious in parentheses though. Thanks
I think the gracious is in parentheses because what the rental company is giving you is larger, harder to park, will take more gas. We had this kind of "graciousness" on Maui one year. Supposed to get a mid-size SUV, got a Mazda 9, which by no stretch of the imagination was mid-size. Unfortunately we took it, then complained the entire time we had it. Next time, we'll decline and get the size we reserved.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I think the gracious is in parentheses because what the rental company is giving you is larger, harder to park, will take more gas. We had this kind of "graciousness" on Maui one year. Supposed to get a mid-size SUV, got a Mazda 9, which by no stretch of the imagination was mid-size. Unfortunately we took it, then complained the entire time we had it. Next time, we'll decline and get the size we reserved.

yep. The rental company has a car they can't rent so they lower the price and try to pretend they are doing you a favor to get it rented. At first, you think the extra space will be nice, but then you have to park the darn thing and then realize the gas is twice what you thought and it doesn't turn on a dime for when you need to turn around when you take a wrong turn, etc. So turn down that 'favor' and get a smaller car. The gas savings alone is at least $100.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well the extra space is nice. We would never be able to function in a small car with my family. It is what we are accustomed to. I was mortified to have to downgrade to something we don’t normally drive. The gas price is not an issue. I called the resort and it’s all figured out. Thanks for the advice.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Well the extra space is nice. We would never be able to function in a small car with my family. It is what we are accustomed to. I was mortified to have to downgrade to something we don’t normally drive. The gas price is not an issue. I called the resort and it’s all figured out. Thanks for the advice.
We reserve the car size we need. We "needed" a mid-size SUV. We didn't "need" a huge SUV that could have carried 7 or 8 since it was just the two of us.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
BTW Although Wyndham is the manager its actually a Shell Vacations Club property.