• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Steamboat Springs Owners or TUG Experienced Wyndham Owners

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
For any fellow Steamboat Springs wyndham owners Does anyone know how much the maintenance fees and program fees currently are at Wyndham Steamboat Springs? Im thinking of purchasing 231,000 points cws every even year. And in regards to program fee is it yearly or whenever i get my points awarded to me? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Or any suggestions

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steamboat Springs was reported as $4.62 per thousand plus program fee. The program fee is an annual charge of the min (I think it went up to $160 this year) for up to 231k points.

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
Now if im even year i pay half of that right since im not annual do you know the difference. Cause im being told my maintenance fees are around 687.

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
I was also looking at a fairfield glade cws 154k annually maintenance fees 815.55. Just trying to decide what to go with

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
Now if they are doing it every year wouldnt they charge me the program fee for half that like 115k points sonce that is what 231k is every two years?

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s a minimum amount each year. It’s like the membership fee. If you have over 231k points, you pay per thousand.

What you quoted in MF seems right: $4.62 x 231 = $1,067.22 + $160 year one fee + $160 year 2 fee = $1,387.22 or $693.61 per year, $57.80 per month.

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
So the total you are showing me is maintenance fees that are there including the program fee which is 687 to 693 per year so that 687 im seeing for maintenance fees include the program fee? Sorry dont want to be confused.

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
Now if im comparing it to the Fairfield glade tn for 154k with maintenance fees of 815.55 do you know which one you recommend would be better by? Is your home resort steamboat? If it is do you like it there? Reason im asking is im from florida looking for winter destination. Thanks for all your help by the way

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
Nice thats not too bad if you divide it monthly. Do you just pay program fee monthly or do you just pay it qith your maintenance fees cause i heard some people pay monthly or in full does wyndham give you an option?

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
Reason for all my questions is just want to make the best decision and want to know im getting good amount of points to go on vacation. Now even though im buying resale i can still put my points in a pool with points deposit feature right? The persons points started so dont know if i will be able to save them cause i will have to use them until i get more in 2022 with the steamboat one right?

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to the main Wyndham forum. There’s a sticky at the top for 2020 maintenance fees. The consensus is you should buy where you want to go if you want to book 13-10 months out. You get priority where you own. At 10 months, points are points. I own a Bali Hai and Grand Desert contract, mainly for the low maintenance fees. They’ll bill you monthly for everything.

SantiagoG6

Reaction score
Thank you have been a big help im going to go check that stick out now. Now do you know what would be a better benefit in regards to annual or even or odd or is it really all the same? And how many points do you have like for example how many days or nights would you say yours are equal to? I want to vacation once or twice a year but never stay whole week i did see if u do more weekdays and combine with weekend days it sometimes comes out cheaper just got to be smart with points right lol

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try this:
Wyndham 2020 Maintenance Fees

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Search for the resorts you want to stay at on the Wyndham website and look at the points charts. A typical 1BR in prime season is 154k for a week. For example, Alexandria, VA is 18k for Sun-Thur, 32k for Fri & Sat.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is steamboat springs being refurbished this year 2020)? Or maybe next year?

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stay there every year....IMHO they are not in need a refurb....they did just swap out LR chairs that were "too big" for something better.