• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham statement $200+ higher than resort budget

gncntry

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a fixed week at Tara Cove that is equal to 154,000 points with Wyndham. The 2012 maintenance fees are $745 according to the budget I received in November from Tara Cove. However, when I received the statement from Wyndham it is $203.70 higher than what was sent by Tara Cove.

2012 from Tara Cove
Maintenance Fees $715.41
Reserve Fund $20
Taxes $9.59
Program Fee $98
Total = $843

2012 from Wyndham
Maintenance Feeds = $919.11
Reserve Fund $20
Taxes $9.59
Program Fee $98
Total = $1,046.70

When I call Wyndham the people on the phone tell me to call Tara Cove (who I haven't yet been able to reach) because Wyndham doesn't come up with the fees....pfft. So I have faxed, mailed, and emailed Wyndham and now they say "well we are charging 2.5% of the maintenance fees for 2011 and 2012 in 2012". That still doesn't add up to the $203.70 difference, in fact that's only $18.63 per year or $37.26

Does anyone have any insight into this? Or a backdoor number to Wyndham where I can speak to someone who actually understands and is willing to speak about the bill?

Frustrated in Maryland!

antjmar

Reaction score
I have a fixed week at Tara Cove that is equal to 154,000 points with Wyndham. The 2012 maintenance fees are $745 according to the budget I received in November from Tara Cove.

Very Strange...Was your November letter by any chance only a " proposed or preliminary" budget?

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
The budget that you reveived that was $200 less. Was that a proposed budget or the approved budget? If it were proposed they may have made changes last time they had minutes.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a couple possible (legitimate) explanations. The first is that taxes might be collected separately. The second is that fixed-week owners pay their fees during the year *prior to* use. So, right now you are paying for 2013 use.

A few years ago, that was done by basing the collected amount based on the *current* year's budget, because the next year's budget was not yet known. Then, at the end of the year, Wyndham would send out a bill for the difference. Starting last year, Wyndham instead started charging an "anticipated" amount and adjusting in the following year. In this case, the anticipated amount is probably too high, but that might be based on an unusually large increase from last year, extrapolated. If so, it will even out next year, or at least it should.

My resort went through this last year. The 2013 fees (which are paid in 2012) actually went down because we were "more than caught up" from the 2012 payments made in 2011.

gncntry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resort confirmed $745 budget, Wyndham says 2.5% charge per year

The resort confirmed the $745 budget, it is not proposed.

Wyndham says they are charging 2.5% for 2011 and 2.5% for 2012 but again that is only $37.25

It's so frustrating that I can't get anyone from Wyndham to talk to me. They just keep sending me email even though I ask them to call me or give me a phone number (not the main finance one) so I can call them.

So frustrating!

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort confirmed the $745 budget, it is not proposed.

Wyndham says they are charging 2.5% for 2011 and 2.5% for 2012 but again that is only $37.25

It's so frustrating that I can't get anyone from Wyndham to talk to me. They just keep sending me email even though I ask them to call me or give me a phone number (not the main finance one) so I can call them.

So frustrating!

Wyndham resorts are crooks and thieves, period

The only good Wyndham ownership is that you no longer own:cheer:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Following up on bnoble's post above

what were the figures from last year? Did Wyndham collecte less than $843 If so this year they have to catch up. Since they are also anticipating next years fee you may be getting a double wammy

gncntry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Special assessment is included in the $745.

Last year Wyndham collected $648 (MF were $560 plus the $88 program fee).

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ya' got me scratching my head on this one. I can't wait to hear how it pans out. Obviously, someone at Wyndham can figure this out. They should not be passing the buck. Someone should take ownership of figuring this out for you at Wyndham Corporate. They are the ones charging you more than what's listed in the approved budget.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Special assessment is included in the $745.

Last year Wyndham collected $648 (MF were $560 plus the $88 program fee).

I think you found your $203.70... The difference of 560 and 745 is $185 and the 18.63 for the 2.5% gets you to 203.63 give or take some rounding to get you to your $203.70. So Wyndham is projecting a similar increase next year to what you saw this year whether it is correct or not. This may not be the right reason but the math does seem to work.

Jason

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
...and that's exactly what I was trying to get at above. If that's the case, then when the "real" 2013 budget comes in under the "estimated" one, the amount you pay in 2013 for 2014's use should go down.

gncntry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all!

I don't understand why Wyndham couldn't have just explained it initially!

They still haven't given me an explaination.

Thank you all for your input. I think I understand it now.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why Wyndham couldn't have just explained it initially!
Because the phone monkeys don't understand it either. If I recall correctly, it took Tom Cornelius (one of the big resellers in the old days) chasing down an internal, well-placed contact in the company to get the straight answer for us last year.