• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham St. Thomas (Margaritaville)

wilson14

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any updates about Wyndham St. Thomas that's supposed to open next month? I wasn't sure if any of the people that's booked there have received a welcome e-mail like most resorts.

We are scheduled to go there in October in a one bedroom presidential reserve. I can tell the rooms are going to be nice, but I'd like to know about the water activities, the restaurant and bar, and anything else that might be at the resort.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please report back to us on you finding after the trip...

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
I am also anxiously awaiting more information on Margaritavilla. Please post pictures, review, etc. I am hoping there will be some sort of grand opening special in 2016 :)

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)

Ty1on

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info...62 Studios & 8 presidential Suites, is gonna make it difficult to reserve.

What exactly is a Presidential Suite?

Can anyone comment on how the beach is at the resort?

Thank you

262 conversion condos will follow within the next ~3 years. First wave is the beachfront units.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Thanks for the info...62 Studios & 8 presidential Suites, is gonna make it difficult to reserve.

Thank you

No wonder I could only ever see studios available.

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Resort and Wyndham CWA

Thank you

With so few Presidential units, apparently we had a stroke of luck to reserve a 1-BR Presidential Reserve for next winter. The website “Unit Information” only shows the Studios and 1, 2, and 3-BR Presidential units. The Presidential Suite reference must be just the newspaper’s description.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
With so few Presidential units, apparently we had a stroke of luck to reserve a 1-BR Presidential Reserve for next winter. The website “Unit Information” only shows the Studios and 1, 2, and 3-BR Presidential units. The Presidential Suite reference must be just the newspaper’s description.

I read "Presidential Suites" as any presidential units, whether they are 1, 2, or 3 BR.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are extra fees/taxes associated w/the new Margaritaville in STT? Anyone familiar with Norma W. Chou ?, has offered us a rental for next winter here.

Last edited:

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are extra fees/taxes associated w/the new Margaritaville in STT? Anyone familiar with Norma W. Chou ?, has offered us a rental for next winter here.

I called about a month ago to find out about the power/energy fees, they tried calling but they stated the phone wasn't in service yet, so they didn't have any info.

Smiles

Reaction score
We had a Wyndham "update" today and I was told that this resort is only available to members with VIP status. Can anyone tell me if this is true? I never trust what I am told by Wyndham sales persons.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a Wyndham "update" today and I was told that this resort is only available to members with VIP status. Can anyone tell me if this is true? I never trust what I am told by Wyndham sales persons.

I heard because the unit count is so limited right now, they would like to give preferred status to MV and VIP members, then members at large for any remaining intervals.

Elizabeth O.

Reaction score
We have a reservation for an ocean view studio deluxe there in December. Does anyone know what the options might be for getting around if we don't want to rent a car?

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score

It's true, its only available to VIP's NOW. Last month they closed the bug that would allow regular members to book at Margaritaville St. Thomas and Puerto Rico. Luckily, I booked 2 rooms at Puerto Rico, and a Studio in St. Thomas for my paents. For St. Thomas I purchased via Ron. So there's always a way.

Smiles

Reaction score
Last March I was able to book in Puerto Rico too. Without any problem.

I never knew that certain properties were off limit to non VIP members. I thought that if you saved up enough points you could book anywhere. Is this a new rule that they put in place?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's true, its only available to VIP's NOW. Last month they closed the bug that would allow regular members to book at Margaritaville St. Thomas and Puerto Rico. Luckily, I booked 2 rooms at Puerto Rico, and a Studio in St. Thomas for my paents. For St. Thomas I purchased via Ron. So there's always a way.

Awwww they closed the wormhole :(

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We have a reservation for an ocean view studio deluxe there in December. Does anyone know what the options might be for getting around if we don't want to rent a car?

Taxis are plentiful.
They charge per person
They are usually open air with benches on the back of pick up trucks. Very easy in and off. In STT, they charge per passenger and per piece of luggage. All taxi fares are regulated by the government and are posted.

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going end of February anyone know taxo rates?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I know you asked taxi rates but I did note the following on their page:

This resort offers the Margaritaville Pre-arrival Form to start your vacation sooner. Register up to 72 hours prior to arrival. Round trip shuttle transportation available for $40 per person. Payments automatically post to unit resort folio.

Elizabeth O.

Reaction score
Thank you for the taxi links.

Our welcome letter included a link to fill out the pre-arrival form.

"Start your vacation sooner by completing the Margaritaville Pre-arrival Form (https://www.wyndhamvopromotions.com/mvc/) so that you can jump right in for fun in the sun."

One of the questions on the form was whether we wanted to use the shuttle to the resort. It is $20 per person to the resort, $40 round trip.

wilson14

Reaction score
Has anyone returned from Wyndham St. Thomas? The only pictures I've seen are of the pool...nothing of the rooms besides the design plans.