• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wyndham sedona

rbnhd21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just spent about 2 hrs. in this section reading do's and dont's for grand canyon in April. Has anyone stayed at Wyndham Sedona ? Will be there for a week. Thanks to " Red Rox" for the heads up about the RR out of Williams, the restaurants at the south rim, and the helicopter tours. I have crossed them off my list. It was suggested to spend 2 days at the south rim. Cant hike, so what to do to fill 2 days ? Checked lodging at park only left was Maswik Lodge and that didnt get rave reviews. Will probably stay outside park. BW or Holiday inn. Thanks for all the info. My head is spinning .
Bill from Ohio

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I've stayed at Wyndham Sedona several years ago (maybe 5). It was ok; needed updating but was a nice enough spot. It's in town in the west side of town near the Safeway. No views at all.
If you can't hike, then you can do the Grand Canyon as a day trip from Sedona. Plan on lunch at El Tovar and hit the scenic spots along the rim (utilize the shuttle if it's running). Stick around for sunset and then head back to Sedona. If driving in the dark on windy roads is a problem, take the freeway to Flagstaff and then south on 17 and come into Sedona from the back side via Oak Creek village instead of down Oak Creek Canyon.

Sue

Red Rox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take that room at Maswick (or any other lodge you can get) that is INSIDE the park. Spending a night at the GCNP is not about the room you sleep in, but it is about the proximity to the rim. Hotels outside the park are no better than inside, even though they are often more expensive. But most important is that if you are inside the park you can Walk to the rim for sunset and sunrise and all shuttle access. Your GCNP visit will be exponentially better if you stay inside the park.
The same goes for food. There are no decent restaurants in Tusayan other than fast food and lousy diners. At least the park eateries attempt to provide a good product. But like sleeping, it's not about the food. It's all about the Grand Canyon
Wyndham is one of the newer TS facilities in Sedona. It should be fine. You'll use your car to go everywhere, everyday anyway.

sushitex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maswik Lodge, food in Tusayan

My family has been to the Grand Canyon area only once - this was a few days after Christmas, 2008.

We were staying at the Wyndham Sedona and I wanted to take a day trip to see the Grand Canyon - the drive was fine, although it was snowy, somewhat icy, and the temperature hovered about 5 degrees F. at the Grand Canyon (South Rim) itself.

Because of the foot-high snowbanks and cold (we live in South TX!) we stayed in the park for only a couple of hours, although our family was still in awe of the canyon and I vowed that we would come back in the summer someday.

Anyway, we decided to eat at the Best Western resort located in Tusayan. Up on the second level there is a buffet-style restaurant which was open to everyone (not just hotel guests) and the food was plentiful, very good, and hot, which was great, considering the weather.

I recently booked a cabin unit at Maswik Lodge for our upcoming trip to Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas in late July. I didn't see anything negative about Maswik Lodge, at least not in the most recent Fodor's and Frommer's guide books for Grand Canyon areas.

I am really looking forward to returning to the Grand Canyon - it is indeed a sight not to be missed!