• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskitties

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out if this new Wyndam timeshare in San Francisco (which is supposed to open in 2009) will have standard two bedroom units, what the occupany for such units will be, and how many points per night or week it will take to book such units. With a family of five that likes to vacation in San Francicso, the answer to these questions are extremely important to me.

Does anyone have accurate and up to date answers to these questions? To date, I've heard different answers from different sources.

As always, the collective advice from this board is much appreciated!:cheer:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not WorldMark by Wyndham right?

The website says "The resort will feature 20 Presidential Suites along with studios and one-bedroom units." So, no standard 2 BD. As to point required, your guess is as good as any resource.

Jya-Ning

muskitties

Reaction score
Another website posting by Wyndham indicated that the new San Francisco Hotel (not Worldmark) would have standard two bedroom units. I'm just trying to find out if this has been definatively determined.

If I call the Wyndham sales people, can I trust their representations on this?

bookworm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Wyndham VO website clearly says presidential suites, studios and one bedrooms under future locations - San Francisco. This info has always been correct to my knowledge. I wouldn't bank on finding two bedrooms there. Was the website you were looking at for a Wyndham hotel or timeshare? I also wouldn't base any decisions on the comments of salespeople.

tommyjoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard when this resort will open, and when they will start accepting reservations? Do they sometimes open the reservations to VIP early? With the price of hotels in the city being so high, this resort will be in great demand most of the year.
Thomas,
NC

bookworm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the website said mid 2009. I would expect the points values to the be through the roof. Recently open units in other places have been and they weren't even in a big city.

randyz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
SF was originally announced for Fall 2008 and eventually moved to sometime in 2009. Saw the site in May and definitely looked no where near done. VIP owners have gotten advance notice by email when bookings for all new resorts for approx the last year, I would expect the same.

When the purchase of the SF site was first announced there was to be 1 and 2 bedroom units and 1 to 3 bedroom presidential units. The website now lists the site with suites and 1 bedrooms, and unspecified presidential units. My guess is that the initial plan changed when they got into detailed planning of the renovations to the 2 hotels Wyndham purchased.

For those who don't know the location is excellent, about 3-4 blocks from Union Square.

Randy

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Another website posting by Wyndham indicated that the new San Francisco Hotel (not Worldmark) would have standard two bedroom units. I'm just trying to find out if this has been definatively determined.

If I call the Wyndham sales people, can I trust their representations on this?

Our personal experience with Wyndham is.....only if it is in writing! :rofl:

muskitties

Reaction score
Generally speaking, what is a "suite" vs. a "one bedroom"? Are 5 people usually permitted to stay in a suite?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham has used the term "1 bedroom suite" as a mini-kitchen in a basic 1 bedroom with no balcony at Daytona Ocean Walk. But assoicating the term suite with "Presidential" might mean something else as the other two types of units are 1 bedroom and studios.

So, your guess is as good as mine. Just have to wait for a tour and review.:)

absmith

Reaction score
Deleted

[Advertising is not allowed in the TUG forums - you may post a free Ad in the TUG Timeshare Marketplace.-DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.