• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham salesman's lies to my friends

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
@Grammarhero Would this OP have been better off walking away and defaulting then paying off before giving back? @SNA27 I do miss his point of view.
Depends on how much he needs his high credit score and how low the TS loan balance. If he is planning a large purchase or refi, he may have needed to pay back.

chaomandy

Reaction score
A word of caution on free Wyndham timeshares & timesharenation.com
Free is not always the best deals. Often free contracts have high MFs & may not be taken back by Ovations if you want out in a few years.
If you pay $6 per 1k points to purchase a contract at a low MF resort with MFs of $3 per 1k less than a free contract, that contract pays for itself in 2 years. Also it will likely still have value in a few years or will be eligible for Ovations. Attached is an example of what can happen with a free or for little cost contract.
It can turn into a pay me now or pay me later proposition.
View attachment 16747
I apologize for my ignorance. What do you do if the contract is not eligible for Ovations? What are some resorts that have low MF?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I apologize for my ignorance. What do you do if the contract is not eligible for Ovations? What are some resorts that have low MF?

Even if it is eligible for Ovations some people would rather give what they have away than let Wyndham have it back for nothing. Sometimes they will ask the person to pay or split the $299 Wyndham transfer fee and the approximately $250 closing fee. Many of us use LT Transfers to do our closings. Take a look here on TUG in this forum.
Buying, Selling & Renting Timeshares
  1. Free Timeshare Giveaways and Bargain Deals
Also look on the TUG Marketplace and on eBay.

For the resorts with the lowest maintenance fees you're not likely to find someone giving them away or even find them cheap as they go for a higher price. I typically recommend Grand Desert for people getting started acquiring points because although it doesn't have the lowest maintenance fees it does have lower end of average maintenance fees and you can usually find points at a decent price. Buildings 1 and 2 have slightly lower maintenance fees than building 3.

At the top of the Wyndham page you will see Sticky - WYNDHAM INFORMATION and ADVICE ARTICLES in pink. Open it up and in the first post and you will see a link to the most recent directory, 2018-2019 Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory. In the directory you will find the point charts for the various resorts. Figure out where and when you want to go and how many points you will want/need before you start buying. Most people seriously underestimate how many points they will want/need. Most of us have been there, done that, lol! You will spend less in the long run if you buy more points right from the start.

HDiaz1 posted this attached spreadsheet in the 2020 maintenance fee sticky on 4/15/2020.

Attachments

• Wyndham MF - Sheet1.pdf
    275.6 KB · Views: 16

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
From reviewing a few of them on the list, the MFs are the same amount as every other owner. There may be exceptions but I couldn’t find any.

Ovations? Well, if you think paying 20 k and up for a contract is worth that versus free, I suppose you can. Most timeshares lose 90 percent value plus right away. Free means zero percent loss. You can always give away your free timeshare too versus losing 20 k plus.

If you buy in California, Florida, South Carolina, Colorado, I am confident the resorts will be amicable on deed back because you do have other options if you wish to take them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can only say some can justify the end to meet the means. I can tell you from past experience free deeds are available at National Harbor and Canterbury. Be Patience for the right deal to come along and you will be rewarded. Free deals on lower cost maintenance fee deeds are offered every day of the week. I picked up a 20k Worldmark $650 all in with 37k points available today. I also recieved a free 5K Worldmark from Timeshare nation.