• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Resorts - Any cancellations that have been happening - Keeping a list

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have heard some resorts like Bonnet Creek, Ocean Blvd to be specific, are cancellation reservations to keep occupancy rates down, and are planning on operating at less than full occupancy.

Can we keep a list.....But thought this could be a one post list of the cancellations that are happening and when these cancellations stop.

I am wondering if anyone has heard about Smoky Mountains, or had their reservations cancelled.

TIA

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
My round one cancellations, check in date through June 14. I don't use ARP. Maybe there will be no other way to keep a reservation, though.

Emerald Grande
PCB (deeded owner)
Great Smokies Lodge
Smoky Mountain Resort

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
My Wyndham cancelled reservations to date (though I would have cancelled them myself had they not done so - just to be clear):

Newport Onshore - 4/3-4/6 (long weekend)
National Harbor - 4/17-4/20 (long weekend)
Midtown 45 - 5/1-5/4 (long weekend)
OTA - 5/15-5/18 (long weekend)
Bonnet Creek - 5/26-5/31 (anniversary)
OTA 5/29 - 6/1 (long weekend)
National Harbor 5/29-6/1 (long weekend)
National Harbor 6/12-6/15 (long weekend)

The last trip to NH for 6/12-6/15 I just received notification of cancellation yesterday. I'm OK with it all - it's a sign of the times. We're hoping to keep some of our reservations heading into July/August timeframe though.

vacatiionking

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My fixed week June 13-20 at Newport Onshore is cancelled. Don't know what Wyndham will do for me. I don't suppose they will give me back my maintenance fees.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
My fixed week June 13-20 at Newport Onshore is cancelled. Don't know what Wyndham will do for me. I don't suppose they will give me back my maintenance fees.
I have no idea if it even interests you, but they are offering free fixed to points conversion right now. You can still have your fixed week and room, but you have to “claim” it before a certain time, or you can use the points. That would let you still get use of the room’s value.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Question on the cancellations that were for guests. Are they putting the GC back in your account?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Question on the cancellations that were for guests. Are they putting the GC back in your account?

Source:

Frequently Asked Questions
  • What will happen if my guest confirmation is cancelled?

If your guest confirmation is cancelled due to limited occupancy at resorts or extended temporary closures, your vacation points, housekeeping credits, reservation transaction(s), and any other fees associated with the reservations will be returned to your account within 72 hours of cancelation. Guest confirmations will only be returned for canceled reservations at resorts beginning to accept arrivals as of May 26, 2020.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I had a June 6 checkin, with a guest confirmation on it, that was cancelled on May 26th. The guest confirmation was returned in the last day or so. I called a couple days ago and was assured it would be returned within 72 hours (I don't think my call is what triggered the credit). For earlier cancellations, guest confirmations were not returned. I think the crediting of GC's is new (thank goodness) with this most recent policy of cancelling guest reservations.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So... I had an RCI exchange at Plantation and they never sent over the confirmation. So on my RCI page it has moved over to Completed Vacations but in reality, I'm still stuck at home. So there goes $239 exchange fee and 128k Wyndham points. Sometimes it feels as though it is a big chess game, and then they come along and swipe all of the pieces away.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So... I had an RCI exchange at Plantation and they never sent over the confirmation. So on my RCI page it has moved over to Completed Vacations but in reality, I'm still stuck at home. So there goes $239 exchange fee and 128k Wyndham points. Sometimes it feels as though it is a big chess game, and then they come along and swipe all of the pieces away.
Was it for an exchange today? It moves over on day of check in. It doesn't mean you can't go. Call the resort and let them know when you will be arriving. If you wanted to cancel, I think it is too late if your check in is today or in the past.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Or, like being in an aircraft hangar full of aircraft. You're at one end, the door's at the other end and someone turns the lights off.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

I had three GCs returned sometime yesterday or today. They were some of my freebies so I wasn't sure I'd get them back.

Can I roll GCs forward along with the points? (Kidding!)

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was it for an exchange today? It moves over on day of check in. It doesn't mean you can't go. Call the resort and let them know when you will be arriving. If you wanted to cancel, I think it is too late if your check in is today or in the past.

The resort didn't have my reservation. I checked on Friday. The RCI rep was trying to get in touch with them but couldn't. And she said that they were having a hard time with this because they fax these to the resorts and since they are working at home, it doesn't work all that well. And when I checked today, they still don't have my reservation. I'll call them tomorrow. The last thing I want to do is drive 10 hours and not have a place to stay.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I had three GCs returned sometime yesterday or today. They were some of my freebies so I wasn't sure I'd get them back.

Can I roll GCs forward along with the points? (Kidding!)
I think that is a very valid question - if we can't use the GC's, we should be able to roll them in to next year. That's a long way off, but if that is how things end up, I think it's a valid expectation. I have heard rumblings here and there that maybe no guests the remainder of 2020. I talked to Club Pass today and that is what the VC there was saying. But we all know, things can change at any time.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I'm at Bonnet Creek right now and can see why so many were cancelled. Only T5 is open. T6 is getting completely remodelled. All other towers have been updated at thos point. T6 is getting an exterior and interior refurb, so if you booked a presidential, expect it to be canceled. I think mine got kept because I booked a 1 bedroom, most of the 1 bedrooms are empty, but the 2 bedrooms are half filled. If I had to guess, the resort is currently at 10% occupancy.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that is a very valid question - if we can't use the GC's, we should be able to roll them in to next year. That's a long way off, but if that is how things end up, I think it's a valid expectation. I have heard rumblings here and there that maybe no guests the remainder of 2020. I talked to Club Pass today and that is what the VC there was saying. But we all know, things can change at any time.

Or why refund GC at all if they won't be accepting them until next year?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The resort didn't have my reservation. I checked on Friday. The RCI rep was trying to get in touch with them but couldn't. And she said that they were having a hard time with this because they fax these to the resorts and since they are working at home, it doesn't work all that well. And when I checked today, they still don't have my reservation. I'll call them tomorrow. The last thing I want to do is drive 10 hours and not have a place to stay.

Fax? Really? They fax documents?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Or why refund GC at all if they won't be accepting them until next year?

Cost of refunding a GC would be de minimis to Wyndham if they won't be accepting them until next year, but it gives the appearance of responsiveness to complaints received about not refunding them. Seems pretty rational and might quell some displeasure in the customers.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

No GC's for all of 2021 is a good possibility also. The additional amount of points pushed to 2021 will be chasing limited availability. To help owners book for personal use Wyndham may continue to limit or eliminate all reservations with GC'S (rentals) for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
No GC's for all of 2021 is a good possibility also. The additional amount of points pushed to 2021 will be chasing limited availability. To help owners book for personal use Wyndham may continue to limit or eliminate all reservations with GC'S (rentals) for the foreseeable future.
I've been pretty much living my life 2 weeks at a time for the past few months. I'm surely not going to start worrying about 2021 at this point in time.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
I'm at Bonnet Creek right now and can see why so many were cancelled. Only T5 is open. T6 is getting completely remodelled. All other towers have been updated at thos point. T6 is getting an exterior and interior refurb, so if you booked a presidential, expect it to be canceled. I think mine got kept because I booked a 1 bedroom, most of the 1 bedrooms are empty, but the 2 bedrooms are half filled. If I had to guess, the resort is currently at 10% occupancy.
Thanks for the first hand observation and update! Makes me less hopeful for our July reservation for a 2BR Pres, though. Because it was a reschedule from an April stay, we obviously aren't going to be at the top of the list. Maybe I would have been better off choosing a 2BR Deluxe, ugh.

ETA: Sorry to get slightly off topic from this thread! No cancellation as of yet for me.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What is to stop Wyndham from cancelling reservations from here on out, just on a whim, with a virus as their excuse? This has gotten ridiculous. Yes, we had some cancellations of guests for June. It's baffling that this virus would cause such disruption. People want to travel. Myrtle Beach is open.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Friend of mine just got off a ventilator after a week. They moved her to a private room for a day or two, then had to move her back to the ICU to up her oxygen provision and increase their ability to observe her better. IMHO, there have clearly been impacts from the virus on a micro level to my social circle and on a macro level throughout society in the U.S. Given a 13-month reservation window with Wyndham, I would expect them to be able to address cancellation/reservation issues by next May (13 months after everything got shut down), but more likely by the end of this year for the more wide open standard reservation window has passed. Just my speculation, of course.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Thanks for the first hand observation and update! Makes me less hopeful for our July reservation for a 2BR Pres, though. Because it was a reschedule from an April stay, we obviously aren't going to be at the top of the list. Maybe I would have been better off choosing a 2BR Deluxe, ugh.

ETA: Sorry to get slightly off topic from this thread! No cancellation as of yet for me.

Here are some pics I just took of Tower 6. The pool is being refurbed too.

Attachments

• 20200601_121248.jpg
    20200601_121248.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200601_121243.jpg
    20200601_121243.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 32