• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

joshbierly

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham d
I currently have 84000 points I bought from the developer an I'm looking pick up another 120 to 200. After looking around it seems like buying points off line is the way to go. I know they won't count toward VIP but at the end of the day I don't plan on buying enough to get there anyway. I just want enough to take a 5 day trip once a year and one or two little short get a ways every now and then. I have directly asked wyndham twice now what the down side to buying points off line and just got a run around with no details. Really at the end of the day I just want to know if I can still book 10 months out at the normal wyndham access resorts. Just like I can with my developer points. And 13 at the resort the points are from wherever that might wind up being.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You got a run around because they didn't want to have to tell you there is no reason for you not to buy resale points. Take a look on eBay. Some of the big sellers on eBay also have their own websites and you can contact them directly to get better deals. Many people have been pleased with their dealings with Sumday. Keep an eye on the Bargain Deals in the Buying, Selling, Renting forum here on TUG too.

Some low maintenance fee resorts to own at are Grand Desert 1, 2, or 3, Panama City Beach, National Harbor, Waikiki Beach Walk, Bali Hai, Canterbury, Ocean Boulevard Tower 3 only, Kingsgate, and there are others too that I'm not remembering at the moment. All of them have maintenance fees of probably no more than $5.25 per thousand points and some less which would included the program fee and is based on owning at least 231,000 points. Sedona and Smoky Mountains, 2 is better than 1, and both are little higher than the other resorts I mentioned but still not too high. Since you don't own at least 231,000 points you are paying the minimum program fee of $131 instead of .58 per thousand points. I would try to get enough points that added to what you have would give you at least 231k. I recommend you stay away from owning at Bonnet Creek or Club Wyndham Access points because the maintenance fees are also higher. You should be able to find 308k deeds at lower maintenance fee resorts pretty easily.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
I'm in sales. If someone asks me about a competitor's product, I am honest and provide an honest, transparent answer (I guess I'll never be a politician (thank goodness!)). At least 50% of the time, that actually leads the person to buy from me because I gave it to them straight (and I always will...can't do it any other way...it's how I was raised...and besides, I learned a long time ago that I am an awful liar).
I'm just glad I am not in timeshare sales, because if I was trying to sell something for $10K (and more)(much, much more) and someone else is selling essentially the same thing (very minor differences) for $100, I would have a tough time...

Cheers!

joshbierly

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham d
You got a run around because they didn't want to have to tell you there is no reason for you not to buy resale points. Take a look on eBay. Some of the big sellers on eBay also have their own websites and you can contact them directly to get better deals. Many people have been pleased with their dealings with Sumday. Keep an eye on the Bargain Deals in the Buying, Selling, Renting forum here on TUG too.

Some low maintenance fee resorts to own at are Grand Desert 1, 2, or 3, Panama City Beach, National Harbor, Waikiki Beach Walk, Bali Hai, Canterbury, Ocean Boulevard Tower 3 only, Kingsgate, and there are others too that I'm not remembering at the moment. All of them have maintenance fees of probably no more than $5.25 per thousand points and some less which would included the program fee and is based on owning at least 231,000 points. Sedona and Smoky Mountains, 2 is better than 1, and both are little higher than the other resorts I mentioned but still not too high. Since you don't own at least 231,000 points you are paying the minimum program fee of $131 instead of .58 per thousand points. I would try to get enough points that added to what you have would give you at least 231k. I recommend you stay away from owning at Bonnet Creek or Club Wyndham Access points because the maintenance fees are also higher. You should be able to find 308k deeds at lower maintenance fee resorts pretty easily.

Will I still have access to all the resorts if i buy other then "access points"?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Will I still have access to all the resorts if i buy other then "access points"?

Actually you will have access to more resorts if you buy at a resort that gives you a deed. Those are Club Wyndham Select points. Club Wyndham Access gives you a contract for x number of points a year, it doesn't give you a deed. Not all resorts have inventory in Club Wyndham Access. However at 10 months I don't believe you are limited to just the inventory available in Club Wyndham Access.

I don't recommend CWA because the maintenance fees are higher than many of the resorts you can easily find deals on. CWA maintenance fees are $5.76 per thousand without the program fee. Grand Desert has three different buildings and the maintenance fees on the highest building, #3, are $4.66 per thousand points. You can usually find deals on points at Grand Desert. The difference between the two on 308,000 points is $339 this year.

joshbierly

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham d
Thanks a lot. I new there was more to this when I asked the sales guy where I could find the rules on resale points in the bylaws and he wouldn't even acknowledge the question.