• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham refunds fee to move points to future year

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Color me gobsmacked, but in my email today was a note indicating Wyndham had refunded the $39 to move points to a future use year.
I had to cancel upcoming vacation plans in May/June and I did so a few days prior to the March 31 deadline to move points to a future use year. I did not request this refund but I suspect Wyndham may have done so in the name of customer relations.

Given the many things we can take Wyndham to task on, it is nice to be able to report on something good from Wyndham.

Now the problem is I have a real big points bucket in 2022...... I hope we are back to traveling by then!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Refunds for points deposit transactions made after 3/13, as well as an ongoing waiver of that fee, were added to the COVID-19 response information on Wyndham’s website on April 1.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Thanks @paxsarah - in the flood of COVID 19 related communication I have received lately, I just missed that I suppose..

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Color me gobsmacked, but in my email today was a note indicating Wyndham had refunded the $39 to move points to a future use year.
I had to cancel upcoming vacation plans in May/June and I did so a few days prior to the March 31 deadline to move points to a future use year. I did not request this refund but I suspect Wyndham may have done so in the name of customer relations.

Given the many things we can take Wyndham to task on, it is nice to be able to report on something good from Wyndham.

Now the problem is I have a real big points bucket in 2022...... I hope we are back to traveling by then!

I too will have the same issue if we have to cancel our August trip. Hopefully, they will allow me to split the points between two years for free.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Do Wyndham points accrued to the next year have the same booking window and power as use year points?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
Do Wyndham points accrued to the next year have the same booking window and power as use year points?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes, they do.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
They are not usable for ARP and cannot be moved a second time. They can be used inside the 10 month window.