• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Reef Resort

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
i posted this on a FB page and thought I’d post it on her also.

Has anyone been to the Wyndham Reef Resort in Grand Cayman and if so what are your thoughts of it?
My daughter was on a cruise in Grand Cayman and did a presentation and bought a one week rental in a 2BR.
I am reading there really isn't much to do there and all the action is in Georgetown and the beach there isn't good for swimming. I'm wondering if she should just lose her $349 deposit and just jot it down as a life lesson.
Please note she didn't buy a timeshare, she bought a one week stay with the requirement of going to a timeshare presentation.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anyone with any first hand experience on this resort and their thoughts?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Curious why this resort isn't in the Club Wyndham network for timeshare owners?

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
We have stayed there before and are owners at the resort next door for many years. We go every year for several weeks to Morritts and love the east end of the island but it is a good idea to have a rental car. The Reef is a very nice resort and about the only drawback is the high electric charge they have. You can swim in the ocean there, just be aware of the current. In fact there is some terrific snorkeling right in front of the two resorts. Both resorts also have great dive shops if any one is a diver. Morritts next door also rents out jet skis, kayaks, windsurfing equipment and other water toys.

There are various activities and entertainment put on by the resort and several area restaurants that are pretty good too. Not far from the resort is Kaibo which has a band an buffet on Tuesday night and there is also Rum Point beach area with a nice bar/restaurant area, water equipment rental, etc.

You can find plenty to do on the east end and the beach is very nice! I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there for a vacation.

The Wyndham Reef is only part of the hotel group and not in the Wyndham TS points program although it can be booked through the exchange companies. I also think you can book it with Wyndham reward points.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your reply, I have read elsewhere about the electric bill at the end of your stay. My daughter will have to call to ask about that, because it has no mention of electric on her certificate.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed there before and are owners at the resort next door for many years. We go every year for several weeks to Morritts and love the east end of the island but it is a good idea to have a rental car. The Reef is a very nice resort and about the only drawback is the high electric charge they have. You can swim in the ocean there, just be aware of the current. In fact there is some terrific snorkeling right in front of the two resorts. Both resorts also have great dive shops if any one is a diver. Morritts next door also rents out jet skis, kayaks, windsurfing equipment and other water toys.

There are various activities and entertainment put on by the resort and several area restaurants that are pretty good too. Not far from the resort is Kaibo which has a band an buffet on Tuesday night and there is also Rum Point beach area with a nice bar/restaurant area, water equipment rental, etc.

You can find plenty to do on the east end and the beach is very nice! I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there for a vacation.

The Wyndham Reef is only part of the hotel group and not in the Wyndham TS points program although it can be booked through the exchange companies. I also think you can book it with Wyndham reward points.
Electric charge? Even with an RCI exchange?