• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Reef resort in Grand Caymen

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Has anyone stayed there, and if so do you know how far it is from the Morritts Grand? Thanks

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Google maps puts it right next door, 280m gate to gate. 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor. I wish I could tell you something from personal experience. Looks gorgeous.

Last edited:

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Has anyone stayed there, and if so do you know how far it is from the Morritts Grand? Thanks

We stayed there one time the year our ocean front units at Morritts weren't available due to hurricane damage. It is right next door and sometimes when at Morritts we will walk over for their entertainment. They have the Barefoot Man and Lammie and we enjoy both.

All of the units are ocean front but the electric charge is a fixed rate based on unit size and is pretty high. A lot of the units are lock offs and you share the balcony without a divider.

Our stay was a long time ago and before Wyndham was managing it but I don't think a lot has changed. HTH

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
This is a hotel though, correct? Not a timeshare? Thanks!

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
This is a hotel though, correct? Not a timeshare? Thanks!

No, it is timeshare. Used to be called just the Reef Resort. There are many fixed week or maybe float week (not sure) owners there. I believe you can still exchange in thru Interval.

But they do also offer direct booking like a hotel and even offer an all inclusive option.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Interesting, as it is not available via Wyndham. So wondering if Hotel division is just operating the TS resort.

Odd

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Interesting, as it is not available via Wyndham. So wondering if Hotel division is just operating the TS resort.

Odd

I asked Wyndham about the resort and the "rumor" is that it may be a future Margaritaville location. There has been new construction there but I'm not sure what sales there is offering.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
No, it is timeshare. Used to be called just the Reef Resort. There are many fixed week or maybe float week (not sure) owners there. I believe you can still exchange in thru Interval.

But they do also offer direct booking like a hotel and even offer an all inclusive option.

Wow -- that's big. The Reef Resort is supposed to be a really good property. I sent my brother there and always wanted to visit it myself.

But it's not (yet) available with Wyndham points? That's too bad...

Edited to add: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...rt-grand-cayman-a-new-offering-300060696.html

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

TravelMamma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been twice, most recent was July 2015. The service is great, units need updating though. If you get a 2 bdrm, you don't have to share the balcony as you would have both the studio and one bedroom balconies. If you like to dive, it's a great location, as they have their own dive tours right from the resort.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Reef Resort (Timeshare) Cayman Islands

Has anyone stayed there, and if so
do you know how far it is from the Morritts Grand?

Thanks

The Reef became a Wyndham affiliate and extensive renovations were planned for fall 2014 to the lobby, restaurant, and other common areas.

The Reef Resort is a sprawling, upper - middle range, 152 unit property located on Grand Cayman’s quiet East End. Every unit is an oceanfront suite and the balconies and porches offer gorgeous views of the beach.

Though the Reef is large and spread out, it does not have the feeling of a megaresort, like Morritt’s Tortuga Club & Resort next door.

It is a 45-minute drive from the airport.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Will this *ever* be available through Club Wyndham?

I see you can book through RCI at least.