• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham RCI question

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wondering if any you might be able to help me out on this:

I happened to deposit 125K Wyndham points into RCI. We were planning on going to Wyndham La Cascade in San Antonio this summer.

I was hoping that maybe I could get an exchange in RCI for the 125K pts. When I went to check availability in RCI, there are no deposits at all for that Resort.

I am a bit surprised. Can you no longer see deposits of Wyndham resorts in RCI through the RCI portal?

Any light shed on the subject would be appreciated.

Happy and healthy New Year to everyone,

Joe

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A lot of the nice new-ish Resorts like La Cascade, Glacier Canyon, Canterbury, National Harbor etc get a few off off off season deposits (some random non holiday November and December, maybe some January and February and early March). I would not expect anything during any warm weather months.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
IF there are Wyndham resorts deposited in RCI, we can see them like anything else. But as mentioned above, I don't think La Cascada shows up very often. Your best bet is to set up an ongoing search for the date range you're interested in, and then if anything is deposited your search may catch it. Also, ongoing searches are free to set up through 12/31 so there's nothing to lose.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first thing you need to know is if you have sufficient points on deposit to get the unit size/season you are hoping for. I would assume that summer San Antonio is going to be Prime, so 126K for a 1BR or 205K for a 2BR. Those are the values for Silverleaf Hill Country for July '16, and I can't imagine San Antonio proper will be less.

Also, Wyndham has already deposited through July '16, so if you are talking this upcoming summer, you only have August left.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually the last week of August is value season, so it is 154K points for a 2 bedroom.

I was hoping that is might be less in RCI and I could use my deposited points.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Wyndham chart for the resort doesn't matter. The Worldwide Exchange point values are the only thing that matters. You can find that chart here (you have to log in):
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ffr/member/help/learningCenter/details.do?id=LIB-0002118

Usually, all the resorts in a single area use the same season designation. So, if another Hill Country resort is in "RCI High" or "RCI Prime", the rest are likely to be as well. However, it looks like most of August is "RCI High" not "RCI Prime," and some of it is "RCI Value", so you have a fighting chance. You can look in the RCI web portal to see point values for nearby resorts.

Place an OGS for the August date(s) you are interested in. I think the deposits are only through July so far. When the August deposit goes in, there could well be some Cascada, as there is plenty of availability internally so far.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I monitor Wyndham deposits to that resort, just to see if I can pick up a full week cheaper once in a while.

Deposits to this resort are limited. At best I have seen them in shoulder season, never summer. And those deposits are isolated and few and far between.

Better to book them via Wyndham directly and NOT via RCI for that resort.

Certain resorts are cheaper via RCI, as there is much availability and the fixed grid works to your advantage. Many newer resorts and especially urban wyndham resorts don't show up with great quantities or frequencies in RCI.