• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wyndham RCI portal

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was on the RCI portal last night and saw an exchange I would have loved to have but I didn't have enough Wyndham points in my RCI account. I wanted to put the resort on hold, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Is is possible to put a resort on hold in order to save it so you can move points over? In any event, I lost the exchange, someone else was lucky who had the points available. I actually tried calling RCI and Wyndam to help me, but both were closed.
So, in the future, is there a way to put a resort on hold?
Sue

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was playing around with the RCI portal a couple of days ago. Sending you a PM.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Call RCI, they will put it on hold so you can transfer points in.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
As of the end of 2013, they supposedly added a Search and Hold ability that would allow someone to hold an exchange unit pending deposit. The email I received from RCI (but Club Wyndham branded) about it on 1/27/14 said that it could be done online or over the phone, but the letter accompanying our 2014 MF assessment only mentions being able to call to hold.

I haven't had the opportunity to need to use this feature yet, but has anyone been able to do it online? Or only by calling?

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can search for vacations without depositing points. If you see something you like you can call in to hold, but there might be the added RCI agent fee if you decide to book it? If you have the points deposited in RCI you can hold something. If you bought developer points you should be able to hold until you make a deposit within a couple of days.

If it is resale, and you have not deposited points and it is after hours - I would start an ongoing search immediately and pay the exchange fee. Add the resort ID and dates you want. You might just get a match right away? It is worth trying. You don't have to have points in RCI to setup an ongoing search. Just put in the info. and pay the exchange fee. ( New RCI Promotion: NO Exchange Fee required for the RCI ongoing search feature. Good through Dec. 31, 2015 - pay the $209 exchange fee only to finalize your online booking)

You might get lucky and get matched up right away? Your RCI match will hold for a couple of days giving you time to make your deposit. If you need more time to deposit, call when they are open and they may extend the hold for you?

I hope you will get it - keep searching or let RCI search for you. It may just come back into inventory in a few days. Perhaps someone else has it on hold and did not book it? Keep checking.

Good luck!

Cynthia T. :)

Last edited:

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies.
I did not know I could set up an ongoing search with out the points needed in the account.
Sue

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good News! Now Club Wyndham members can make FREE RCI ongoing searches until Dec 31, 2015. This information is posted through the Club Wyndham/RCI portal. You still pay the $209 exchange fee to confirm a vacation exchange online.

I currently don't have many points in RCI, since I recently booked something. However, I set up an RCI ongoing search first. I paid the exchange fee when I set up my seach. It was required at that time. Those funds were taken and applied to my recent booking (exchange funds are no longer in my account for my ongoing search and neither are enough points). My RCI ongoing search was not canceled. I thought that might happen. Everything is still good and in place. :)

I made my wish list when I set it up my search. When it does match something, it will hold it, then I can deposit more Club Wyndham points. I really like the RCI ongoing search feature. I have been lucky to get some pretty amazing vacations!!!

Again, good luck and hopefully you will get matched soon? If someone is holding it and does not finalize the booking, it may not go back to online inventory. The vacation will go to whoever is on the wait list (for the same time frame) searching.

You never know, it might just go to you? If it doesn't come back online when there is more inventory, it may go in your hold box for a couple of days for you to either confirm or release. You should get a phone call and email letting you know that RCI has a match hold in place for you.

I'm going to do my happy dance!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Cynthia T. :)

Last edited: