• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham/ RCI Portal NEW UPGRADES & Changes Feature

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a NEW Wyndham RCI UPGRADES Exchange feature. Using the Wyndham RCI portal I noticed this new feature while viewing a reservation that I made several months ago. It looks like a nice feature. It appears similar to the RCI Platinum feature, but different. This feature was not available for Wyndham members using the Wyndham/RCI portal. You can add and SELECT UP TO 5 preferred RESORTS.

Upgrades & Changes

Simply let us know if you'd like a larger unit, and specify up to five preferred resorts. If a match is found within 14 days of check-in, your reservation will be automatically updated! When a match is found, you will be charged the Upgrades & Changes fee. If no match is found, there is no fee.

Could you use a little more room on your trip? Simply request a Unit Upgrade and within two weeks of check-in, if a larger unit becomes available, we’ll change your reservation automatically and provide you with all the details via email. When a match is found, you will be charged the Upgrades & Changes fee. If no match is found, there is no fee.

Your credit card will not be charged unless a match is found. Once a match is found, your reservation will be updated automatically, and your credit card will be charged with the current Upgrades & Changes fee at that time. Current Upgrades & Changes Fee - USD 49.00

Selecting alternative resorts and dates may be unsuitable if your vacation spans multiple weeks.
As each week is treated individually, one week could be changed and not the other.

Has anyone tried this yet? Is it just the $49 fee - with no additional points needed if RCI finds a match to your request? Or do you have to have the additional points for the upgrade and pay the $49 fee?

Cynthia T. :)

antjmar

Reaction score
[/B]Has anyone tried this yet? Is it just the $49 fee - with no additional points needed if RCI finds a match to your request? Or do you have to have the additional points for the upgrade and pay the $49 fee?

My opinion is its the fee only and that additional points arent required.
I dont have any more points in RCI so not sure how I would get an "automatic" upgrade" if they are requiring points. When I gave my CC info it said I would be charged $49 if a match was found I didn't see anything about points must be deposited or transferred...
I signed up for the upgrade for my Disney Saratoga Springs in April. If I'm lucky enough to get he upgrade I will confirm. But I'm not holding my breath!:D

Do platinum members use additional point in non Wyndham accounts?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting idea. I often grab a "good" exchange, but am sometimes looking to upgrade it to something better in the area. Right now, that costs me a full exchange fee, but I can do it anytime. This allows you to grab last-minute cancellations to upgrade resort or size for $50, which seems reasonable.

This could be especially useful in Orlando catching a last-minute cancellation of some of the less common Disney resorts. You'll have to start in a 1BR though, as DVC isn't depositing 2BRs in Orlando for the most part, and it doesn't look like you can downgrade size.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hardly ever use RCI. I don't see much advantage as they would have showed up as last minute rentals. Does anyone know if you cancel within 14 days, do you lose your points? If not, what's so interesting about this benifit? What's the chance one you want is available? If worthwhile, it's gone, at least with Wyndham it is. Unless off season. If you don't lose your points at 14 days, I see no advantage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hardly ever use RCI. I don't see much advantage as they would have showed up as last minute rentals. Does anyone know if you cancel within 14 days, do you lose your points? If not, what's so interesting about this benifit? What's the chance one you want is available? If worthwhile, it's gone, at least with Wyndham it is. Unless off season. If you don't lose your points at 14 days, I see no advantage.

No. Not all inventory shows up in last call with RCI. I think this is a GREAT new feature. The ability to go from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom. Or a 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom for $49 seems like a bargain to me. Say you planned a vacation with RCI, paid the exchange fee and you have extended family joining you? You wanted a unit with 2 bathrooms and had a 1 bedroom unit with just 1. I think it depends on your situation?

Additionally, the ability to select other close by locations (up to 5) if it should come available might be a big plus. It depends on if something is released into RCI inventory.

The way I see it, it might be like a wait list type of thing? Perhaps like an ongoing search? If a larger unit or another selected resort should become available at the 14 day mark (you have already put in your request), others will NEVER see the inventory in their RCI search. However, they might only see the inventory that you upgraded from?

I don't think I would use the date change feature unless I was driving versus flying. I also would not do the date change feature if I was staying more than one week anywhere. It could mess up vacation plans.

With this new Wyndham/RCI feature, it only gives s list of possible upgrade locations to select from. It is limited. Not all locations have a larger room upgrade size available to select from.

Example: Let's say, I have booked a 1 bedroom somewhere, but I would have wanted a 2 bedroom. I could put in the request for an UPGRADE. If it became available I would pay $49. More space for my family. No additional points paid for the upgrade. Sounds great to me. Worth a try anyway.

This new Wyndham/RCI feature would not be good with the hope that you might get the larger unit using RCI Last Call inventory. Someone else might beat you to that by paying the $49 RCI fee ahead of time.

I agree the RCI fees are getting out of hand with exchange fee, and using your Wyndham points. The yearly points chart can change and increase the amount of Wyndham points needed to book a unit. Some RCI exchanges are much better than others.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I just confirmed an exchange with RCI and I've attached the terms and conditions for the upgrades and changes feature. No additional points required, just the $49 - and that only if a match is made.

Attachments

• RCIUpgrades_and_Changes_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf
    63.8 KB · Views: 127

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Not all inventory shows up in last call with RCI. I think this is a GREAT new feature. The ability to go from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom. Or a 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom for $49 seems like a bargain to me. Say you planned a vacation with RCI, paid the exchange fee and you have extended family joining you? You wanted a unit with 2 bathrooms and had a 1 bedroom unit with just 1. I think it depends on your situation?

Additionally, the ability to select other close by locations (up to 5) if it should come available might be a big plus. It depends on if something is released into RCI inventory.

The way I see it, it might be like a wait list type of thing? Perhaps like an ongoing search? If a larger unit or another selected resort should become available at the 14 day mark (you have already put in your request), others will NEVER see the inventory in their RCI search. However, they might only see the inventory that you upgraded from?

I don't think I would use the date change feature unless I was driving versus flying. I also would not do the date change feature if I was staying more than one week anywhere. It could mess up vacation plans.

With this new Wyndham/RCI feature, it only gives s list of possible upgrade locations to select from. It is limited. Not all locations have a larger room upgrade size available to select from.

Example: Let's say, I have booked a 1 bedroom somewhere, but I would have wanted a 2 bedroom. I could put in the request for an UPGRADE. If it became available I would pay $49. More space for my family. No additional points paid for the upgrade. Sounds great to me. Worth a try anyway.

This new Wyndham/RCI feature would not be good with the hope that you might get the larger unit using RCI Last Call inventory. Someone else might beat you to that by paying the $49 RCI fee ahead of time.

I agree the RCI fees are getting out of hand with exchange fee, and using your Wyndham points. The yearly points chart can change and increase the amount of Wyndham points needed to book a unit. Some RCI exchanges are much better than others.

But if the program didn't exist, most of what you said would not apply. Also, would you book a one bedroom for your family in hopes of getting a two bedroom?

The way RCI works, the earlier you search is in, the better the chance of getting what you want, let alone an upgrade.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I actually used this option when I confirmed a DVC exchange today. Right now, pretty much the only trades into DVC are 1BR units at Saratoga Springs, which I just confirmed for next summer. We will be perfectly happy to take that unit and it's what we're planning for, but I was able to add five different DVC resorts as options, as well as the date prior to our current check-in day (which would be slightly better for us). It's a longshot but with no real risk. And I know from the sightings forum that there was at least one non-SSR DVC property that showed up less than two weeks before check-in last summer, so I'd say my chances are better than zero. And if they start depositing 2BRs again (though I'm not holding my breath), we've got a small chance on that front, too. It may amount to nothing, but it was worth a few minutes of my time to set it up.