• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham / RCI contracts puzzle, help appreciated

dpo30

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Weston FL - Wyndham Pomano
Hi everyone, Im kind of new to time-sharing and most of your discussions and articules have given me a good broad idea of how they work and where the potential hazards may be. However, after reviewing for several hours the discussions in this forums I would deeply appreciate if you experts can give me your thoughts on my current situation and what would the most efficient steps be going forward.

So, my parents have been buying time sharing contracts since 6 years ago when they got invited into a cruise to the Bahamas (for free, go figure), and were talked into buying their fist property to Vacation Village in Weston, FL. They really liked it there and have been going there ever since. And for the first three visits they were always invited to fancy diners and convinced into upgrades and getting involved into more contracts.

When they released they had more than what they were expending, points wise, they rejected new invitations and stopped getting "upgrades". Now they have turned to me and asked to unravel all that we have (because they were kind enough to put me as an owner) and manage it the most efficient way.

The outstanding contracts are as follow:

a)Week 7 and 29 (2 units) at Vacation Village at Weston, which currently are being sent into RCI and traded for 173,000 points a year.

b) 126,000 points at Club Wyndham obtained via a converted fixed week at Wyndham Sea Gardens at Pompano Beach, FL (Home Resort).

So my main question is, having these two types of contracts, what is the most efficient way to manage them? Should I join them in Wyndham through the PIC points option, send the 126,000 points to RCI every year and have it all centralised there, or just leave it as is and use them separately.

Also, if I send my points from Wyndham to RCI (as Im doing at least for the ones unused maturing December this year, unless there is a better way to save them from expiring), I should be able to have them accredited into the account that already has the Vacation Village points, right?

And finally, I know there is a cost for moving points around. In the case of using Vacation Village properties for PIC option, how can I know how many point would that give me and what the cost is?

Sorry about the length but I think I covered most of my worries and deeply appreciate any help or insight you can share.

Cheers

D.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to unravel the contracts, I would not be buying anything else. A PIC contract would probably require that. Suggest just keep what you have and enjoy them.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
To confirm, you have an RCI.Com account receiving 173K points annually and a MyClubWyndham.Com account receiving 126K points annually. First, these are 2 different point systems when thinking in terms of RCI. The Wyndham points, if deposited to RCI will go into a RCI via Wyndham account. If you deposit Wyndham points to RCI, they will 'spent' there. Your RCI points via RCI.Com are 'spent' there. No merging of the 2 RCI accounts. To confuse things a bit further, units will use totally different point values for the same unit/week. I have Wyndham points and RCI points. I use RCI for RCI resort vacations and I use Wyndham for Wyndham resort vacations. I've never found RCI to be a very efficient use of Wyndham points.

Now regarding PIC, if you are having trouble using all the points now, you don't need more and in order to get in the PIC program, you will need to purchase more high dollar Wyndham points from Wyndham. Not a good use of your cash!!! My suggestion.....keep the accounts separate (as they are today) and Deposit Wyndham points, as needed, to meet your Wyndham resort vacation plans.

dpo30

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Weston FL - Wyndham Pomano
Very helpful!! thank you very much for your comments. Will follow your advise and keep it separate. Gives my sense of relief that there is someone else who also has separately both RCI.com and MyClubWyndham.com points and goes by well. Thanks again!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I noticed that you were sending your unused 2017 points to the Wyndham RCI account. If you absolutely cannot use them for a Wyndham vacation this year, send them as you planned. You will then get to see how that account works. Be aware that you may need to move more Wyndham points to get the vacation you actually want, but, that second move is most likely a better than just losing the 2017 Wyndham points to non-use. As time passes, keep the Wyndham Deposit dates in mind and Deposit on the Wyndham side into a future year. Your multiple timeshare program situation is fairly common and each program has its own benefits. Enjoy your travels!!!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using your points this year is best, if possible otherwise you get a fee when trying to use them.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get much more bang for my buck in my straight RCI account and not my Wyndham portal RCI account. I own resale so that means nothing in Wyndham, but I am platinum in my regular RCI account. The exchange fees are lower and they often reduce points needed. I've never seen a reduced price in the Wyndham RCI portal. For example, I made an OGS in the Wyndham portal. It was 105K plus $230 plus $195. The same week was available in my RCI account. It used 41K points. So apples to apples YMMV, Wyndham MF was around $546 and VV was $315. I also think that at the time, the exchange fee was $219.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Very helpful!! thank you very much for your comments. Will follow your advise and keep it separate. Gives my sense of relief that there is someone else who also has separately both RCI.com and MyClubWyndham.com points and goes by well. Thanks again!

I'll go you one better - I have Club Wyndham, RCI Weeks and RCI Points! One (and maybe only one) advantage of this is I do have lots of resorts to choose from when we travel. I am no expert but I would not suggest to anyone that they purchase as we did but we too have made the best of it.