• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Purchase Help and Understanding

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a Wyndham property in Florida but Not Orlando. I just want to see if I have my information correct. I am going to purchase points. I would want to use the Wyndham options to travel to different Wyndham in Florida. Daytona Beach would be most likely and Pompano would be second.

1. The home resort allows you to reserve earlier.
2. You can use your points at any wyndham depending on avail.
3. 154k points on average will get you a 1/2 bedroom during peak season
4. 154K points will transfer to RCI for as a two bedroom
5. Wyndham in includes RCI for free
6. You have two years to use points
7. Can you trade with II?

Thanks,
KT

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a Wyndham property in Florida but Not Orlando. I just want to see if I have my information correct. I am going to purchase points. I would want to use the Wyndham options to travel to different Wyndham in Florida. Daytona Beach would be most likely and Pompano would be second.

1. The home resort allows you to reserve earlier.
Yes - you get Advance Reservation Priority at 13 months.
2. You can use your points at any wyndham depending on avail.
Yes - you can reserve at any Wyndham at 10 months.
3. 154k points on average will get you a 1/2 bedroom during peak season
Yes - although many resorts require more for a 2 bedroom prime.
4. 154K points will transfer to RCI for as a two bedroom
Yes - 154K points is good for a 2 BR in RED season.
5. Wyndham in includes RCI for free
You get RCI membership as part of your FSP fee.
You do pay RCI extra for actual exchanges you use.

6. You have two years to use points.
Complicated - in general NO. You must use your points during your
current 'Use Year' or you will lose them. However, if you deposit the
points in the 'Credit Pool' prior to the beginning of the year, then you
have up to 3 years to use the points. There is a small fee for this and
you can't use the points for ARP reservations. You can also use your
points to make an RCI deposit and then use that deposit over the
next couple years.

7. Can you trade with II?
Only if your first purchase is at a resort that is affiliated with II and
Wyndham sets up your account to be affiliated with II. Royal Vista
in Pompano Beach is affiliated with II. Most Wyndham Resorts are
affiliated with RCI - Wyndham also owns RCI.

Thanks,
KT

Answers noted in above quoted section. Hope this is helpful. Orlando is a very easy trade either internal to Wyndham or exerternally, so I agree no real reason to purchase there. We own at Royal Vista because it can be tough to get into during the winter months when we like to go and the ARP is important. From what I have heard, Daytona is very tough to get into without ARP during race week, but is not too bad at other times. Good Luck.
Doug
Naperville, Illinois

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Please be aware of this info when buying a "wyndham" resort:

Although all Wyndham resorts are involved in FairShare Plus (FSP) points ( aka Wyndham points) BUT not every TS week at a wyndham resort is a FSP week.

There are three different kinds of weeks at resorts managed by Wyndham:

1. Weeks ( floating or fixed) which are not in FSP but can be converted to FSP for a large fee. These weeks are great if you want to go to that resort all the time and do not want to fiddle with FSP. (it is almost never a good deal to convert a week to FSP because buying a converted week is almost always much cheaper than paying Wyn to convert the week to FSP.)

2. Weeks which are in FSP ( either a converted week or a week which was alway in FSP ( these weeks are often sold as UDI (un-divided interest) weeks)

3. Lastly, there are weeks at resorts managed by Wyndham which are not wyndham weeks at all. But weeks associated with another TS system, but the resort has some weeks there which are managed by Wyndham.

Hope this helps