• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham purchase advice for family

Lgbeef

Reaction score
Looking for purchase advice so my family gets a decent resale value for Wyndham Access Points. Resale at a reasonable discount. For a family seems like we need about 300k points or so for a vacation or two per year with a few bedrooms. eBay big discounts seem filled with fraudsters that may too much for me to handle. Marketplace here looks fair. I am guessing new purchase these sell for around 40k+ from Wyndham. What is a fair number to pay resale (not necessarily the expert buyer bargain of a lifetime). Thank you for any advice. Is 20-30 percent discount to new purchase in the ballpark?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave away my 400k CWA contract for closing costs and reimbursement of 2019 for points they will acquire. There are lots of Access contracts out there right now.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Want to buy? Buy resale only. Never purchase from Wyndham directly. Try it out and if you want to move into a VIP membership then comeback in TUG and ask how to do it through Wyndham. Get advice from those who know the system.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Want to buy? Buy resale only. Never purchase from Wyndham directly. Try it out and if you want to move into a VIP membership then comeback in TUG and ask how to do it through Wyndham. Get advice from those who know the system.
I gave away my 400k CWA contract for closing costs and reimbursement of 2019 for points they will acquire. There are lots of Access contracts out there right now.
High monthly maintenance fees cost more over time.
Most are given away if buyer pays closing and resort transfer fee.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought my 185k for $1 on ebay. I paid wyndham transfer fee 299 and they paid all other closing costs for LT transfer. I've bought 6 other timeshares off ebay all went good. Wyndham takes the longest.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for purchase advice so my family gets a decent resale value for Wyndham Access Points. Resale at a reasonable discount. For a family seems like we need about 300k points or so for a vacation or two per year with a few bedrooms. eBay big discounts seem filled with fraudsters that may too much for me to handle. Marketplace here looks fair. I am guessing new purchase these sell for around 40k+ from Wyndham. What is a fair number to pay resale (not necessarily the expert buyer bargain of a lifetime). Thank you for any advice. Is 20-30 percent discount to new purchase in the ballpark?

Sumday sells on Ebay and you can also look at the inventory available on their website. This year I bought a few Grand Desert and a National Harbor deed from them for $50-100. Purchase price included the Closing cost and resort transfer fees.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Two points. One, your estimate of 300K points as a starter is a good one. 308K is a rather common contract (multiples of 77K for some reason) and that number of points will get what you say you want.

Two, stick with the high-volume ebay sellers. I would avoid listings by sellers with little or no feedback, not so much because they are fraudsters but because they are incompetent both in describing the contract and procedurally in completing the transfer.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two points. One, your estimate of 300K points as a starter is a good one. 308K is a rather common contract (multiples of 77K for some reason). Two, stick with the high-volume ebay resellers. I would avoid listings by sellers with little or no feedback, not so much because they are fraudsters but because they are incompetent both in describing the contract and procedurally in completing the transfer.
I agree with Jim on staying away from little or no feedback sellers. I would also add stay away from the private identity bidder listings along with the listings allowing bidders with little or no feed back. The bidders with little or 0 feedback are usually shill bidders to run the price up.

Lgbeef

Reaction score
Very helpful feedback. Thank you for this guidance.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I agree with Jim on staying away from little or no feedback sellers. I would also add stay away from the private identity bidder listings along with the listings allowing bidders with little or no feed back. The bidders with little or 0 feedback are usually shill bidders to run the price up.

Frankly, I don't worry about shills. I have a price in mind. If the bidding exceeds that price, I wait for the next one to come around.

Right now, I'm more likely to divest than acquire or at least divest first, then maybe acquire. I've rid myself of five properties I bought about twelve years ago that I bought in a kind of a buying frenzy.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't worry about shills. I have a price in mind. If the bidding exceeds that price, I wait for the next one to come around.

Right now, I'm more likely to divest than acquire or at least divest first, then maybe acquire. I've rid myself of five properties I bought about twelve years ago that I bought in a kind of a buying frenzy.
Are you negative points for the year or did you have points available to transfer to new owner?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you negative points for the year or did you have points available to transfer to new owner?

They were fixed or floating weeks -- not points-based.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Frankly, I don't worry about shills. I have a price in mind.
I agree. And to prevent from getting into a bidding war, it's a good idea to use a Snipe service. I've purchased a few timeshares that way and come in under my price each time.

Bob