• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Points or RCI Points??

Shelb14

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to help my parents book a Orlando stay using one of their timeshares.

My dad has an RCI Points account login for a timeshare he bought in Mexico.

My mom has an RCI Weeks account login for 2 timeshares she owns (1 in new england and 1 in orlando).

We are looking at booking a 1 week stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and a 2nd week stay in a DVC resort. I put a 2BR @ Wyndham Bonnet Creek on hold with TPU under my mom's account. However I read somewhere in an old TUG forum that if you have Wyndham points, you're better off using them to book Wyndham hotels directly.

My question is how can I confirm whether my dad owns Wyndham points? He doesn't think he does, however when we log into his RCI account the address bar reads Wyndham Worldwide Corporation [US] https://www.rci.com He owns at the All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark and when he bought the timeshare he got a lump sum # of points (not pro-rated per year). When he books a vacation using the RCI points site he has to call the resort and have the exact # of points moved into his RCI account. If this means he DOES own Wyndham points, how would I go about booked at WBC directly and how would I know how many points it costs?

Can a Wyndham points owner help me out?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
He does not own Wyndham points. If he did, you would go directly to the Wyndham owners website to log in, and follow a link from the internal site to book on RCI.

Wyndham and RCI are affiliated but separate companies.

Also, RCI has a regional block on DVC if you own any other Orlando resort, so you won't be able to use your mom's accounts Orlando TPUs to get a unit there. You would have to use your dad's.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to help my parents book a Orlando stay using one of their timeshares.

My dad has an RCI Points account login for a timeshare he bought in Mexico.

My mom has an RCI Weeks account login for 2 timeshares she owns (1 in new england and 1 in orlando).

We are looking at booking a 1 week stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and a 2nd week stay in a DVC resort. I put a 2BR @ Wyndham Bonnet Creek on hold with TPU under my mom's account. However I read somewhere in an old TUG forum that if you have Wyndham points, you're better off using them to book Wyndham hotels directly.

My question is how can I confirm whether my dad owns Wyndham points? He doesn't think he does, however when we log into his RCI account the address bar reads Wyndham Worldwide Corporation [US] https://www.rci.com He owns at the All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark and when he bought the timeshare he got a lump sum # of points (not pro-rated per year). When he books a vacation using the RCI points site he has to call the resort and have the exact # of points moved into his RCI account. If this means he DOES own Wyndham points, how would I go about booked at WBC directly and how would I know how many points it costs?

Can a Wyndham points owner help me out?

RCI Points® Assistance: 1.317.805.9941

Without knowing the name(s) of the resorts in your Dad's account, the odds are about 100 percent they are not Wyndham Vacation Resorts properties. You can give the above number a call. It would make the process a lot quicker if you had your Dad's RCI points number available.

Shelb14

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Points® Assistance: 1.317.805.9941

Without knowing the name(s) of the resorts in your Dad's account, the odds are about 100 percent they are not Wyndham Vacation Resorts properties. You can give the above number a call. It would make the process a lot quicker if you had your Dad's RCI points number available.

Thank you. I meant to include the name. He owns at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark (it used to be Blue Bay Resort back when he first bought it in 2005?).

lcml11

Reaction score
Thank you. I meant to include the name. He owns at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark (it used to be Blue Bay Resort back when he first bought it in 2005?).

Sorry about that, I missed it on initial reading of your post. The Points your Dad has are not Wyndham Vacation Resorts points. The RCI number I provided can confirm that.

Shelb14

TUG Member
Reaction score
He does not own Wyndham points. If he did, you would go directly to the Wyndham owners website to log in, and follow a link from the internal site to book on RCI.

Wyndham and RCI are affiliated but separate companies.

Also, RCI has a regional block on DVC if you own any other Orlando resort, so you won't be able to use your mom's accounts Orlando TPUs to get a unit there. You would have to use your dad's.

Thank you for clarifying that RCI & Wyndham are affiliated, that must be why I'm seeing Wyndham in the address bar when I log in. I just posted another question on the DVC board asking about the regional block. My mom spoke to an RCI agent today that told her if she combined all of her TPUs (she'll have almost 168) the original source becomes "invisible" once they are combined and she can absolutely use the combined TPU to exchange into DVC. Otherwise, if she does NOT combine, she will be blocked from trading Vacation Village/Orlando into DVC. It would be great if this were true, but I am concerned that she may not have been given accurate information?!? Hoping to hear from someone on the DVC board who has been in this exact situation to see if it was successful or not.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the DVC deposits have gotten fewer and far apart ... unless ongoing searches at taking the bulk of the deposits into RCI.

Might ask here on TUG for other resorts that might met your groups interests.
ie:Star Island had a large number of tennis courts (with instructional lessons plus a decent level of adult evening entertainment/activities.

lcml11

Reaction score
I think the DVC deposits have gotten fewer and far apart ... unless ongoing searches at taking the bulk of the deposits into RCI.

Might ask here on TUG for other resorts that might met your groups interests.
ie:Star Island had a large number of tennis courts (with instructional lessons plus a decent level of adult evening entertainment/activities.

Not a bad idea.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Hi @Shelb14,

Is your dads timeshare for All Ritmo with Premier Resorts or Original Resorts?

I have a memberships with them that each includes All Ritmo and might be able to coach a bit on using that membership.

Sorry don’t know anything about the other ones.