• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Platinum Appreciation

sroy

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a new Wyndham/Fairfield owner. I just got a call about Platinum Appreciation packages. The registration cost is $429 for 4 nights (PR) or $349 for 3 nights (FL). Have any of you TUGers taken one of these packages? Are they as nice as they sound? The timeshare presentation is supposedly optional -- true or not? Thanks!

jemmielou

TUG Member
Reaction score
offer for special package

Yes, we bought one of these to Las Vegas last year. Believe me, you are pressured to the highest to buy more. We were certainly deceived into buying into the Discovery plan for a year unknowingly. Unfortunate for us, I guess. If I knew of a way to do something about this, I certainly would! My advice is, don't take the chance. Save your money. Hear this also, we were already Gold members of Wyndham resorts.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are good at saying no than go...however, sometimes its best to not go on the tours, its a waste of time and you can probably find a better, less stressful deal other places.

Charlie D.

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a call about three months ago from the department that is offering these. I listened carefully to the offer. We had just gotten back from a reunion in Branson at Wyndham Mountain Vista. Part of the offer was a dinner cruise which we had just done so knew the cost of it. Throw in a show similar to the ones we had just done and a couple or three meals and a couple could have saved maybe 2-3 hundred dollars on the package deal. Of course the solicitor said it had a “value” of several hundred more than I think it would have actually cost. We were also told the actual sales presentation was optional. Since we had just visited Branson, we declined the offer.

A couple weeks later another call offering 3-4 days in Vegas. My wife and I did some calculating concerning the gas cost involved and a motel to and from Vegas and it just wasn’t economically feasible. When the gentleman called back to see what we had decided he seemed to accept the “no” pretty well.

Earlier this week we received another call from a lady offering Seattle, Branson and somewhere else. I interrupted her and told her that it appeared as if we were going to get called every few weeks with one of these offers and was not real pleased at that prospect. I told her to check whatever magic box there was to take me off their calling list. Supposedly it was done, at least for that department, we’ll see. We are VIP owners and are very satisfied at this time with the amount of points we have.

Charlie D.