• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Pagosa property opinions

Dorm

Reaction score
Hi ... I have a ski trip planned to Pagosa Springs, Dec 12-19th. In talking with the check-in desk, these have us slated for either the Mountain Meadows or Eagles Loft properties. I've never stayed in the Eagles Loft units before, but I have asked about these in the past. The staff's immediate reaction was always "you do not want to stay in these units". Comments like run down, moldy smell, very tired, etc. It was obvious that these units were the staff's least preferential to stay in.

If anyone has stayed in one of the units recently, I'd appreciate their feedback and observations. And, if Eagles Loft proves to live up to the reputation, I'd much rather request Teal Landing or Mountain Meadows in advance rather than get settled in and have to move.

Thanks ... Dorm

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
It has been two years (?) since my Eagles Loft visit ... but the words you quote from staff comments could have come directly from my review posted here on TUG. We will NOT accept a return to Eagles Loft.

Perhaps they have improved.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most Wyndham owners request Teal Landing, so it may be difficult to have one of these units assigned if you are there on an exchange. If you do get one as an exchange, chances are it would be in one of the two buildings that is not lakefront -- the lake may or may not be frozen in early December. You may have a ground floor or second story unit; there are no elevators.

When we do not stay in Teal Landing, we stay in Eagle's Loft -- never had a problem. The kids like the retro, spiral staircase. I now prefer Eagle's Loft when we stay in winter. The "mushroom" design of the units provides covered parking for one vehicle, which is handy after an overnight snowstorm -- don't have to remove any snow from the car. These units are three story. The bottom (ground) floor is handy as a storage room for ski gear and cases of wine. The jetted tub is overated as a feature; we never use it because the water heater is not large enough to supply enough hot water. The main level is on the second story, so there are always stairs involved, plus the spiral staircase inside to the 3rd story loft. Eagle's Loft has the most number of units right on the lake. I can recommend units 7052 through 7055 for sunset lake views.

We have never stayed in Mountain Meadows, but they look like nice units right on the lake. Ground floor units with a loft, so could be the least amount of stairs compared to Eagle's Loft or second story Teal Landing.

Here is a link to the Wyndham Pagosa website where you can look at floor plans for the units.

http://www.wyndhampagosa.net/index.html

Here is a link for a more detailed summary of Teal Landing versus Eagle's Loft.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202762

If lake view is not important, try for Teal Landing. If not that, then make your preference for Mountain Meadows. The front desk staff has always been accommodating. If you can get to check-in before 3 p.m., they may let you look at an Eagle's Loft unit before checking in at 4 p.m. (It is easier to make a change from Mountain Meadows to Eagle's Loft than the other way around).

Wyndham Pagosa is a large development. Check-in is very busy from 4 p.m. to about 7 p.m.

Wolf Creek ski area is already 100% open!

http://www.wolfcreekski.com/wolf-creek-snow-report.php

Mountain Conditions
Surface Conditions: Powder, packed powder with EXCELLENT early season snow conditions!
Percentage Open:100%

Dorm

Reaction score
All ... thanks for the feedback. This is probably my 10th visit to Pagosa and skiing at Wolf Creek, so we're no strangers to the place and how things work at the resort, Wolf Creek, the town and locale.

I will lobby hard for Teal Landing as the 2BR suits our needs perfectly, so hopefully the rooms are there.

Thanks again - Dorm

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we were in Eagle's Loft last summer. It was fine for our purposes. Beautiful views from deck and windows, and no noise from adjoining units. We were almost always on the go, so didn't spend much time there, but it was roomy for 3 adults.

The main ick was the amount of goose poop around, sometimes on the driveway and walkways, had to step carefully when going in. Also there was a lot on the lawn along the lakefront, so you didn't really want to walk along the shoreline - too bad for such a beautiful setting, but that didn't affect the actual unit. Aside from that, there was a bit of an odor inside when we arrived, which seemed to be the hot tub chemicals from ground floor drifting to the main floor (not mildewy as we thought for a minute walking in) - we opened windows for awhile when we got there to clear it out a bit. We did use the tub once, and it was plenty hot (in the summer).

Just wanted to add this in case you get Eagle's Loft - we were OK with it, because the views made up for the shortcomings.

Dorm

Reaction score
Laurie, was there a hot tub with the Eagle's Loft unit? This is a big plus if so ... after a looong day of skiing, there's nothing better than soaking a bit in the hot tub.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, there was a hot tub on the ground floor, and we enjoyed it once, the day we arrived. That's what caused the odor upstairs when we arrived, we thought - the hot tub chemicals wafting upwards.

After the first day, we bought a week-long pass to the hot springs, and went there instead. :)

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which 2 bedroom unit or building would you request? lots of different buildings

There are several there and really not sure which to try to get. We are looking for lake and mountain views and scenic, quiet. I hear Teal is the newest but some of the others have been renovated.
Thanks