• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wyndham owner exchange into four season Aviara?

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it realistic for wyndham points to exchange into four season aviara?

I read on worldmark forum that people deposit 400points 60 days out into II and can get four season aviara if lucky. The chance does not seem too slim because quite some people got that...

Do wyndham points have similar flex change arrangement with II, ie using a small number of points to book in short notice and exchange into a good resort?

I'm trying to evaluate between worldmark points and wyndham points. Wyndham points have much lower entry barrier.

I'm not bound to school schedule and am perfectly fine with 60 days window. But I want to get into very nice resorts. Which program can give me better chance to stay or exchange into nice resorts? Wyndham points have several subprograms. If only some subprograms have better chance, please let me know so that I can search on ebay using specific keyword.

If I buy worldmark, I will strictly only use its 400credit-II-exchange feature to get many weeks out of it. So I'm very interested in whether wyndham program has similar feature or not.

I checked TUG advice section but didn't find answer. I'd appreciate your experienced owners' help!

Thanks a lot!

Tiff

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Well if you chose Worldmark or Wyndam make sure you go to the www.rci.com or www.intervalworld.com to see which program you prefer, then specifically purchase either a Worldmark or Wyndam that is affiliated with that trading company. Also, both programs have nice properties, you also need to go to their program websites to see which has internal trading to resorts in areas you want to travel. That way if you like the internal resorts you will hardly be dissappointed. The Wyndam website https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/index.do the Worldmark website http://www.worldmarktheclub.com/

Also purchase resale; Worldmark (Points) prices are a bit higher than Wyndam (FSP points) prices.

Do you research...you are not quite ready to purchase. You should learn the ins/outs of both programs. Also, I don't recommend purchasing just to trade, the variations in trading ability can not be relied upon.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might want to ask this question on the II discussion board at forums.atozed.com (a community of Wyndham owners). It might be tricky, and I would not assume it is possible.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
www.wmowners.com for the Worldmark site

The WM ownership can be affiliated with ether most Wndham resorts are exclusively RCI

I am a Worldmarkowner with ab II account - being tied to school schedules I have not taken advantage of the 4000 point trades -(you typed 400)

If you select Interval you can shop the entire system without depositing anything, oin theory every thing less than 59 days out is available and only 4000 points will be deducted from your account

As to RCI the limit is 45 days

Marriott uses II as there owner exchange so all of the Marriott properties are in II, I believe a majority of them are not released to the non Marriott owbers untl the 59th day or some variation - creating the perception that II has more nicer resorts

Don't know if it's higher airfare or seasonality but the availabilty after labor day seems to be better than anything I have seen recently

my $.02

Last edited: