• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham offering free transactions until Jan 5th

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
If you call in, they'll do it. :)

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
It’s been 6 business days now. My RTs still have not been returned. I called Owner Care today and after about a 5 minute hold to allow the rep to talk to his supervisor, he came back and said it is taking longer than they initially thought because it is a manual process and there were more transactions than they thought. A manual process? Unbelievable! He said to give them a few more days and they should be returned. :mad:

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Just made a rez. and it charged me 1 RT. Am I going to have to call to get to get it reversed?

That transaction took my last RT of the year so it was not a big deal. I didn't call. It would have expired on 12/31 anyway.

Happy travels!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: You know the old joke about the contractor always saying the job will be finished in “just two more weeks”? Apparently, that is Wyndham now. I called again today, for the 3rd time. The first time, I was told the RTs would be returned in 5 working days. Last Tuesday, I was told by the end of the week. Today, I was told by the end of the month. I actually called the VIP line today as I often get better service there than from Owner Care. The lady I spoke to got into a conversation with her supervisor to see if she would be allowed to return them for me. After about a 5 minute hold, she came back and said she had some good news. If I needed the transactions to make reservations today, she could do it. However, if I don’t need them today, they would appreciate me waiting for the process to be completed so they don’t accidentally get duplicated. :shrug::wall: I don’t need them today, so I’ll wait but this whole thing is ridiculous.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: You know the old joke about the contractor always saying the job will be finished in “just two more weeks”? Apparently, that is Wyndham now. I called again today, for the 3rd time. The first time, I was told the RTs would be returned in 5 working days. Last Tuesday, I was told by the end of the week. Today, I was told by the end of the month. I actually called the VIP line today as I often get better service there than from Owner Care. The lady I spoke to got into a conversation with her supervisor to see if she would be allowed to return them for me. After about a 5 minute hold, she came back and said she had some good news. If I needed the transactions to make reservations today, she could do it. However, if I don’t need them today, they would appreciate me waiting for the process to be completed so they don’t accidentally get duplicated. :shrug::wall: I don’t need them today, so I’ll wait but this whole thing is ridiculous.
Wyndham enhancing your user experience. No other business could get away with this. How would you feel if your bank had your balance off to their favor and they told you this? Its become so common that owners accept it. Then again they do hold a few VIP owners hostage. What are their options? Sell there ownership for pennies on the dollar or give it back for free Ovations?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham enhancing your user experience. No other business could get away with this. How would you feel if your bank had your balance off to their favor and they told you this? Its become so common that owners accept it. Then again they do hold a few VIP owners hostage. What are their options? Sell there ownership for pennies on the dollar or give it back for free Ovations?
Lots of businesses do things like this and much worse. We’re talking about 2 reservation transactions that, at most, would cost me $38. They aren’t holding me hostage for $38 freaking dollars! My options also include continuing to use my VIPpoints which I fully intend to do because me and my family enjoy them very much. Much more than giving them up because of 2 RTs. I’m irritated, not stupid!

Not too long ago I purchased a $300 CPAP machine for my daughter. When she tried to use it, she couldn’t because there was a terrible odor in it. We returned it but the company wouldn’t refund the money. It took me about 6 or 7 months to get it back. If you’ve never had bad service or problems getting money or products from any other company, you’ve either been very lucky or had very few business transactions in your life.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of businesses do things like this and much worse. We’re talking about 2 reservation transactions that, at most, would cost me $38. They aren’t holding me hostage for $38 freaking dollars! My options also include continuing to use my VIPpoints which I fully intend to do because me and my family enjoy them very much. Much more than giving them up because of 2 RTs. I’m irritated, not stupid!

Not too long ago I purchased a $300 CPAP machine for my daughter. When she tried to use it, she couldn’t because there was a terrible odor in it. We returned it but the company wouldn’t refund the money. It took me about 6 or 7 months to get it back. If you’ve never had bad service or problems getting money or products from any other company, you’ve either been very lucky or had very few business transactions in your life.
I have had bad user experiences but no other company tops Wyndham on the negative side.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I have had bad user experiences but no other company tops Wyndham on the negative side.

... then don't go there, unless you're into that kind of thing....

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
... then don't go there, unless you're into that kind of thing....
?? I Love the resorts and have been to 4 of them in the last 2 months. Have 2 more reservations booked the next few weeks. Why would I not go? The resorts are not the problem.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You must not have dealt with a cable company

I'm lmao over your comment! Based on where he's from he likely either has Time-Warner or Spectrum. Only a true hard core masochist would enjoy dealing with either.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm lmao over your comment! Based on where he's from he likely either has Time-Warner or Spectrum. Only a true hard core masochist would enjoy dealing with either.
It went from bad to worse when Time Warner was bought by Rectrum. Almost as bad as Wyndham's website updates that never enhance a user's experiance.

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FINALLY!

Since my last post on 1/20, which occurred after my 3rd call to Wyndham, I also received an email from Wyndham on 1/22 stating they were sorry for the inconvenience but that everyone's RTs that had been wrongly charged would be returned within 5 business days. Five business days from the 22nd, would have been 1/29. Alas, no RT's returned by the 29th, or 30th, or 31st, or 2/1, or 2/2. So, yesterday, I called again. I was told if I needed them to make reservations, they could do it but otherwise, I would have to wait. I said, this has been going on for a month and numerous phone calls, why don't you just fix it and get it over with. She said, Oh, I can't do it, I would have to transfer you. Just give us a few more days. I reluctantly didn't ask to speak to a supervisor and just hung up.

This morning when I opened my email, I had a survey request from Wyndham asking about my most recent interaction. How timely. I gave them the lowest scores and then explained in detail why, being careful to note that it wasn't the fault of the representative I spoke with during my most recent call. I explained that Wyndham had offered the free transactions at yearend, during the covid pandemic, as a way to encourage us to travel and use their services. But, they charged the RTs anyway and now wouldn't/couldn't restore them. The big promotion had been a lie as far as I was concerned. A couple of hours later, I received an email from someone at a Wyndham address. It was an apology for taking so long and stating that the RTs had been restored to my account. I checked and, indeed, they were there.

I probably do customer surveys at about a 50% rate and it is usually because I've had a positive experience and want to make sure the appropriate people know. This is one of the few negative complaints I've made and one of very few for which I have received a direct response. I'm glad to know that Wyndham actually reads the surveys and that someone cared enough to follow up so quickly. I have always been impressed with Wyndham's timeshare staff and service, other than the sales staff and their practices. This is one of the few bad experiences I've had and I'm glad it's finally been corrected.