• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham offering free transactions until Jan 5th

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have unlimited transactions so it does nothing for me, but for other it might help.

When I logged into Wyndham today it showed SPECIAL HOLIDAY GIFT.

Reservation Transactions are waived through Jan 5th at 12 am.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a good deal for those who pay for transactions. Now is the time to book future travel.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Now is the time to book future travel.

I'm not complaining - it's a nice gesture - but now is not the time for me to book future travel because I already booked it at the earliest possible point for April and June. I suppose it's a good way to get procrastinators off their butts to make some reservations for 2021 if they're out of RTs, but the chance that this 3-week window happens to coincide with the time I need to make a future reservation is pretty slim.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
S
I have unlimited transactions so it does nothing for me, but for other it might help.

When I logged into Wyndham today it showed SPECIAL HOLIDAY GIFT.

Reservation Transactions are waived through Jan 5th at 12 am.
Sandy, where did you see the message? I’m not seeing it anywhere. I did start making a reservation and it showed no charge so I know you’re correct, but I just don’t see the announcement anywhere.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy, where did you see the message? I’m not seeing it anywhere. I did start making a reservation and it showed no charge so I know you’re correct, but I just don’t see the announcement anywhere.
It hadn't popped up for me at all on my usual browser (Chrome), but when I tried just now on another browser I rarely use (Edge) it came right up.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It popped up when I logged in.
Screenshot_20201219-152352_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

9969hi

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to make reservation but website keeps freezes up, when I try again it say two transactions happening at one time but still all I get is the circle going around

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Just made a rez. and it charged me 1 RT. Am I going to have to call to get to get it reversed?

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just made a rez. and it charged me 1 RT. Am I going to have to call to get to get it reversed?

Perhaps it only gives a free one if you don't have any.

When I booked a unit, it asked if I want to buy an RT. The cost was $0, so then I booked it with no charge.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a new thread or not- but I was told the free transactions for points deposit and wyndham rewards conversions (and probably maintenance fee conversions, but wasn't specifically said) would end Dec 31. So if you've been waiting to deposit points now is the time - if you know thats what you want to do.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
When I made a reservation on January 2nd it charged me a transaction. Lots of similar reports on the facebook groups too. Wyndham IT at their finest...

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Same here... a reservation transaction was deducted last evening when we booked a stay. :doh:Will need to phone in today or tomorrow if it doesn't straighten out. :(

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham IT at their finest...
Another Wyndham IT fail. It's a common occurrence and almost expected. Or just another update to enhance our user experience.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another Wyndham IT fail.

In this instance my guess is it’s less an IT fail as a design/usability fail. IT was probably told to make it so that if an owner was going to be charged for a reservation, to make the amount $0. Free! Success! While that would have been effective and helpful through December 31, after January 1 we all have replenished reservation transactions and are unlikely to use them all up in the first five days of the year, so a “free” reservation above and beyond our allotted free reservation transactions is basically worthless.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
IT was probably told to make it so that if an owner was going to be charged for a reservation, to make the amount $0. Free! Success! While that would have been effective and helpful through December 31, after January 1 we all have replenished reservation transactions and are unlikely to use them all up in the first five days of the year, so a “free” reservation above and beyond our allotted free reservation transactions is basically worthless.
I suspected as much, and made a (somewhat speculative) reservation in the last few days of December just in case.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
My only 2021 reservations are Thanksgiving or Christmas, so I can't make a reservation yet even if I wanted to lol. I really don't think kids will be vaccinated until after the next school year starts, which means I'm not bringing my daughter anywhere until the end of 2021. Last time I went to Ocean Walk, half the people didn't follow the mask policy even though there were a decent amount of snow birds there. I felt bad because most of the older people were complying, it was people in my age group who were the assholes because they know they have only a 1 in 5000 chance of dying.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Were you successful in getting it reversed? I made 2 ressies today and was charged 2 RTs. I get 10 free/year so it took 2 of the 10. I thought I would check tomorrow and call if they aren’t restored.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
They did this same promotion at the end of 2018, and the same issue came up, but the wording of that promotion was a bit different. In 2018 they said that the reservation transaction fee was waived for resort reservations. That ended on 12/31, so it wasn't really a big deal if they deducted one or gave it to you for free. RT's are use it or lose it so no harm, no foul.

This time it's a little different for two reasons. The promotion ran through the beginning of a year, and the notice didn't mention that the fee was waived, it said "enjoy booking without a Reservation Transaction". Now maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but when you make a booking in the first week of the year, there is certainly a difference between waiving the fee or not needing a Reservation Transaction at all.

If it were me, I would absolutely call and point that out to them.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
This happened to me. A Reservation Transaction was deducted when I made a reservation yesterday. It didn't show up today so I called Owner Care. They restored it easily.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I called owner care, and she said that a communication had just been sent out to them this morning stating that all Reservation Transactions deducted between 1/1 and 1/4 should be restored within 5 business days.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just called in and was told the same thing. So, at least they're telling the same story.;)

DavidandDenise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called five minutes ago and they said they'd be restored within 24 hours.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone had their RTs refunded for ressies made between 1/1-1/5? I just checked and mine still haven’t.