• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort opens Dec. 28

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the sneak pics!! We're hoping to stay here sometime. We can't wait.

Boy, that's some psychedelic color scheme.. Whew. :eek: I agree with you about the furnishings.. YUCK.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks to be a "mid century modern" approach to interior decorating which in my view is a very big mistake. Most timesharers want a look that speaks of luxury -- like the Hyatts or Hiltons -- and this one is not it! Not only does it look gaudy, it looks cheap. Love the location, though. Funtime

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dee: Good to see you posting again. The units feel small from your pictures, is that true? Also, at the pool picture, is that tall building next to it part of Wyndham or another developer?

The proximity to your beautiful glass store is a big bonus for you. That is great!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Wow! Sort of has that 1960's or early '70's appearance IMO. In my mind I keep hearing the song Pipeline playing while I was looking at the pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

MNdeeCA

Reaction score
Oceanside/Pierview Way/Sunset Market = Coming ALIVE!!

Walked around it yesterday, a spectacularly pretty Christmas Day. Won't be able to get inside until Friday when it formally opens. (I missed the Mainstreet Oceanside walkthrough. One of those people took the photos.)

Cathy- Both towers are part of the Wyndham. The whole ground floor on the south side of the south tower will be retail space and a very nice restaurant. On the north side of the entrance there is a large ground floor room with small tables. Because the place is completely sold out, I thought maybe it was a breakfast room like some of the Hawaiian Embassies have. But the security guard said that it was a sales room. Maybe they plan to sell offsite properties. If not, maybe they need to teach crafts there. ;)

There are at least 24 dead-on oceanview units with balconies. I don't know if part of each is a lock-off. It is a U-shaped building. North and South towers joined with a building along the east. All along the inside of the U there will be partial views (sort of like Lawai Beach Resort in Kauai). The whole backside of that eastern wing has views overlooking the train tracks into the town.

Well, anyway the ocean views are fantastic- right out the longest pier in San Diego County. Reminded me of the Maui Embassy, watching the waves and whales during breakfast. We do get dolphins and lots of pelicans.

Across the street to the east towards town is a WONDERFUL pedestrian tunnel under the tracks to Pierview Way. Try our favorite Pierview Coffeehouse (muffins, sandwiches, soup and most importantly gelato!). Also, an excellent crispy crepes place that shares with Boba Tea (Fresh spinach, tomato and basil over scrambled egg, mushrooms, chopped ham, crispy hashbrowns - fabulous) They also have crispy fruit crepes. It is 2 blocks to Coast Highway, City Hall and the public Library (free computer). 4 blocks to the Art Museum, a good BBQ place, and a live theatre.

Every Thursday evening Pierview Way becomes a festival with the Sunset Market featuring music, dance, independent musicians, food vendors, artists, kids' attractions, retail, and a farmers' market. (Yes, we are part of it.) We are so excited to have something so fun for the timesharers!

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds terrific, Dee! We keep saying we have to get over and view the progress and now try the Pierview Coffeehouse. Where is the best parking for visitors not staying in the area???

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Dee,

Thanks for the update--I've been checking on the progress of this building everytime we go down to the pier. This is exciting stuff for us O'siders!

Glorian