• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham New York City

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't get deeds when you buy deeded points at a resort. One gets recorded, but you never see it unless you ask. If you go the resale route, the closing companies will sometimes send you a deed. If they have maintenance fees specific to midtown (which they do), it's either deeded or has its own trust. I've not seen a specific resort have their own trust.

I have all of my Wyndham deeds. The only ones that I don't have are A&A contracts, and they have their own specific paperwork as well. And I just received the deeds on my last direct purchase from Wyndham. I watch for these things to record, both in and out of my name.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Looks like they have deeded units.
Oh I own there but it wasn't a recorded deed so this seems to be a bit on the confusing side.

Not sure if midtown is in your name or not, but you can try searching here for a deed. I saw deeds listing specific units, but don't have a name to look up to see if there is a deed specific to an owner's interest in any given unit.

https://a836-acris.nyc.gov/DS/DocumentSearch/PartyName

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-15_21-56-52.png
    upload_2019-10-15_21-56-52.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 20

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have all of my Wyndham deeds. The only ones that I don't have are A&A contracts, and they have their own specific paperwork as well. And I just received the deeds on my last direct purchase from Wyndham. I watch for these things to record, both in and out of my name.
LT Transfers can look up and provide a copy of a deed.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Online Wyndham owership page should be very clear what you own at NY. If you dont have a estoppel on this ownership I would request one. LT Transfers can also verify and supply you with the deed if you didn't receive a copy.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being developer or resale has no bearing on whether or not the resort is deeded or an association.
Correct. Both should provide a deed. On the resale side things can not always be as transparent.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. Both should provide a deed. On the resale side things can not always be as transparent.

So then where would one find a deed in CWA? If A&A records a deed (and I don't think that they do) where is it?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
LT Transfers can look up and provide a copy of a deed.

LT Transfers charges a fee to do that. You can go to the website for the county your resort is located in and order your own deed. It would be quicker and cheaper.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
So then where would one find a deed in CWA? If A&A records a deed (and I don't think that they do) where is it?
CWA is not a deeded ownership. Under the ownership details on the Wyndham site what is it listed as ?

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
My mother in law has a UDI contract there and has Presidental Reserve Status through Mid 45. should we look into seeing if she has a deed there? Does it matter?
Still new to all the methods/processes for contracts within Wyndham.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
My mother in law has a UDI contract there and has Presidental Reserve Status through Mid 45. should we look into seeing if she has a deed there? Does it matter?
Still new to all the methods/processes for contracts within Wyndham.

It really doesn't matter. Since it it designated, it may not be deeded. You can check the link that Richelle provided to check for your mother-in-law's name in the database if you like. If you do an update, don't let them talk you into trading your PR account for CWA. I just had a salesman tell me that it is always a wise decision to switch out of PR to CWA. That is just ridiculous!

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
It really doesn't matter. Since it it designated, it may not be deeded. You can check the link that Richelle provided to check for your mother-in-law's name in the database if you like. If you do an update, don't let them talk you into trading your PR account for CWA. I just had a salesman tell me that it is always a wise decision to switch out of PR to CWA. That is just ridiculous!
thanks

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Closing a Wyndham deed is actually very easy and anyone can do it. You don't need a transfer company. All you have to do is follow the "quit claim" format for the county of the property. As long as you have the legal description of the property you are trying to transfer(which is in the original deed), you can get a quit claim template online that has all the wording for you, then you just copy/paste the legal description from the original deed. I made a picture of one of my deeds I got for free showing how easy it is to make your own deed and file it. You need:

1. Grantor and grantee info including: name, address and marital status
2. Consideration amount (you only need to know the dollar amount, the wording is in the form you can get online)
3. Legal Description (you just copy and paste from original deed)
4. Transfer Statement (wording is in the form you get online)
5. Grantor and Notary Signatures

QuitClaim Format.jpg
Original Deed.jpg

Attachments

• Tennessee-Quit-Claim-Deed-Form.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 3

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Wow that is simply crazy, who in their right mind would ever trade out of PR into CWA? :shrug:o_O:rolleyes:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow that is simply crazy, who in their right mind would ever trade out of PR into CWA? :shrug:o_O:rolleyes:
I am sure Wyndham sales have convinced a few over the years. You know how they daze, confuse then add in some half truths and lies.