• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Margaritaville

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
At a recent visit to a Wyndham Resort. We were informed by management that Wyndham is ponding and could happen, they plan to spin off the Margaritaville Brand, as done with Worldmark and Wyndham Hotels.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark was never spun off. It was a separate timeshare company that was purchased.

Sounds like sales BS to me. Margaritaville locations are waaaay too limited to be a stand alone timeshare brand in my opinion.

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
Let me guess: this was in some way connected to trying to get you to an owner's update/buy points/etc.?
No. We were told this sometime after being at the resort and never went on a "pitch".

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
Worldmark was never spun off. It was a separate timeshare company that was purchased.

Sounds like sales BS to me. Margaritaville locations are waaaay too limited to be a stand alone timeshare brand in my opinion.
Worldmark still a separate entity. From the time line: ===April 2006: Cendant Corp spins off Wyndham WorldWide as a separate entity.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark still a separate entity. From the time line: ===April 2006: Cendant Corp spins off Wyndham WorldWide as a separate entity.

Yes Worldmark is still a separate timeshare system as its always been. Wyndham never spun it off- they just manage it.

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
I heard something like this while at the Margaritaville in PR. It sounded like they were planning on pulling them out of the "general" pool and restrict reservations similar to PR units / properties. They already show Margaritaville as a separate product such as Select, Access, and PR. I didn't take the time to ask details as I assumed they would flow down eventually. I could see them treating it like the PR units as far as reservation times to give people who own Margaritaville have an advantage at their resorts.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I heard something like this while at the Margaritaville in PR. It sounded like they were planning on pulling them out of the "general" pool and restrict reservations similar to PR units / properties. They already show Margaritaville as a separate product such as Select, Access, and PR. I didn't take the time to ask details as I assumed they would flow down eventually. I could see them treating it like the PR units as far as reservation times to give people who own Margaritaville have an advantage at their resorts.

The half-truth they use in MVC PR is that they are removing themselves from Club Wyndham - which is technically true - but the devil is in the details whenever a Wyndham developer sales rep says something. They are simply removing the small amount of Club Wyndham inventory that was available to all CWA owners outside of the standard MVC booking limits that have always existed (5 months for non-VIP owners, six months for VIPS, eight months for VIPG, 10 months for VIPP/VIPF). They even have a sheet that they put in front of us that "shows this", and most people read the last bullet pointed statement incorrectly with this in mind - since the sales rep couches it as "proof" that we're going to need to actually own MVC PR inventory "soon" if we want to be able to book there. If we actually read the statement apart from the way they couch it "Club Wyndham Rio Mar" actually no longer exists in the 2023-2024 member directory already (go look - it was removed), it's now only listed under the MVC section. Doesn't mean we cannot book MVC PR - we can book it just like we always could based on current MVC booking rules - it just means you cannot book any MV PR inventory under Club Wyndham any longer - meaning it's no longer a "mixed" resort like Atlanta, Desert Blue, etc. But that's not what they want us to believe when attempting to sell us developer MVC inventory. :cool:

1678812571033.png

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many programs does Wyndham operates ???

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
How many programs does Wyndham operates ???
Going by memory from a slide in a presentation we were at last month:
Club Wyndham Select (deeded)
Club Wyndham Access (CWA trust)
Presidential Reserve (PR - requires minimum 1MM points deeded at a PR resort)
Margaritaville Vacation Club (MVC - very few resorts; STT, PR, LV, ATL, Nashville; LV, ATL, Nashville are partial MVC/partial CW)

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
The half-truth they use in MVC PR is that they are removing themselves from Club Wyndham - which is technically true - but the devil is in the details whenever a Wyndham developer sales rep says something. They are simply removing the small amount of Club Wyndham inventory that was available to all CWA owners outside of the standard MVC booking limits that have always existed (5 months for non-VIP owners, six months for VIPS, eight months for VIPG, 10 months for VIPP/VIPF). They even have a sheet that they put in front of us that "shows this", and most people read the last bullet pointed statement incorrectly with this in mind - since the sales rep couches it as "proof" that we're going to need to actually own MVC PR inventory "soon" if we want to be able to book there. If we actually read the statement apart from the way they couch it "Club Wyndham Rio Mar" actually no longer exists in the 2023-2024 member directory already (go look - it was removed), it's now only listed under the MVC section. Doesn't mean we cannot book MVC PR - we can book it just like we always could based on current MVC booking rules - it just means you cannot book any MV PR inventory under Club Wyndham any longer - meaning it's no longer a "mixed" resort like Atlanta, Desert Blue, etc. But that's not what they want us to believe when attempting to sell us developer MVC inventory. :cool:

View attachment 74274
Yep, I saw that piece of paper. As I mentioned, my time is precious so I didn't take the time to ask too many questions. I assumed it was limiting bookings, not eleminating them... though it wouldn't be the first time. Oddly enough, they didn't even make us an offer... and I didn't complain. :)

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
Going by memory from a slide in a presentation we were at last month:

Club Wyndham Select (deeded)

Club Wyndham Access (CWA trust)

Presidential Reserve (PR - requires minimum 1MM points deeded at a PR resort)

Margaritaville Vacation Club (MVC - very few resorts; STT, PR, LV, ATL, Nashville; LV, ATL, Nashville are partial MVC/partial CW)

To my knowledge seen the same

joanncanary

TUG Member
Reaction score
How difficult is it to book the resort in st Thomas? I am not VIP but I do have developer points. I know I have some time before I can book but I’ll be looking for May 2024. TIA

Mr. Phil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HHI
How difficult is it to book the resort in st Thomas? I am not VIP but I do have developer points. I know I have some time before I can book but I’ll be looking for May 2024. TIA
You will need to wait 10 months before the desired reservation.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
You will need to wait 10 months before the desired reservation.
Since the owner is not VIP - it’s five months before the desired reservation since it is a MVC resort.