• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Long Wharf

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, we just returned from the Wyndham Long Wharf, which we reserved with Wyndham points. The weather in Newport was great for February, so we were able to easily walk to wonderful restaurants and fun shopping. As usual we had a wonderful time. The resort itself was disappointing, not the common areas but specifically our room. Our two bedroom unit was desperately in need of updating. Everything seemed old to the point of barely functioning. For example, when we pulled out the drawers to put clothes away some of the knobs fell off. The unit had two old televisions, one in the living room and one in the master bedroom (the second bedroom did not have a TV) neither TV had a clear picture, both were "snowy". I called maintenance and they responded very quickly, within about ten minutes. But they said the TV's are old and they couldn't help. There was no WIFI. Thank goodness we packed the Playstation 3. We found someone else's winter boots left behind in the bedroom closet, guess housekeeping just missed them. Everything in the unit looked old and worn. I asked the front desk if we could be moved to a refurbished room, but they said the resort was sold out, and the refurbished rooms had been requested a year earlier. They told me the entire resort is supposed to be refurbished by the end of 2014. So in spite of the room we had a good time in Newport, but it is definitley disappointing to be a Wyndham member and experience such a shabby unit. If the room I was in doesn't get refurbished for another couple of years, all the folks visiting in the mean time will surely have a bad taste for Wyndham. Sue

antjmar

Reaction score
The resort itself was disappointing, not the common areas but specifically our room. Our two bedroom unit was desperately in need of updating. Everything seemed old to the point of barely functioning. For example, when we pulled out the drawers to put clothes away some of the knobs fell off.

I agree the worst Wyndham I have stayed at is this one!:(

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very disappointing, I'm really surprised a resort as popular as this one has been so neglected. I know they are in the process of refurbishing, but they have really waited too long, and many of the units will be another 2 years. I guess they can get away with it because Newport is such a high demand tourist area. We are going back Labor Day weekend and I hope we have a better room Sue

ToadHall53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, we just returned from the Wyndham Long Wharf, which we reserved with Wyndham points. The weather in Newport was great for February, so we were able to easily walk to wonderful restaurants and fun shopping. As usual we had a wonderful time. The resort itself was disappointing, not the common areas but specifically our room. Our two bedroom unit was desperately in need of updating. Everything seemed old to the point of barely functioning. For example, when we pulled out the drawers to put clothes away some of the knobs fell off. The unit had two old televisions, one in the living room and one in the master bedroom (the second bedroom did not have a TV) neither TV had a clear picture, both were "snowy". I called maintenance and they responded very quickly, within about ten minutes. But they said the TV's are old and they couldn't help. There was no WIFI. Thank goodness we packed the Playstation 3. We found someone else's winter boots left behind in the bedroom closet, guess housekeeping just missed them. Everything in the unit looked old and worn. I asked the front desk if we could be moved to a refurbished room, but they said the resort was sold out, and the refurbished rooms had been requested a year earlier. They told me the entire resort is supposed to be refurbished by the end of 2014. So in spite of the room we had a good time in Newport, but it is definitley disappointing to be a Wyndham member and experience such a shabby unit. If the room I was in doesn't get refurbished for another couple of years, all the folks visiting in the mean time will surely have a bad taste for Wyndham. Sue

I was there 2 yrs ago sounds like they improved a little. Don

e.bram

Reaction score
You can get free Wi-Fi at the Panera across the street.
Due to the seasonal nature of Newport, there are probably HOA owned units causing a high SA to update, causing more bailees and higher MFs.