• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Line of Credit

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
I've been getting letters from Wyndham at least once a month, offering lines of credit. I assume they're for buying a developer contract. We are resale owners only, and I would pay cash if I buckled under pressure.

Notified by email 10 minutes ago, had two lines of credit opened on March 13th, both reported by TransUnion. My credit has taken a hit. Opened by:

WYNDHAM VACATION RESORTS
10750 W CHARLESTON BLVD SUITE 130 LAS VEGAS, NV 89135

Anyone else experience this surprise?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I've been getting letters from Wyndham at least once a month, offering lines of credit. I assume they're for buying a developer contract. We are resale owners only, and I would pay cash if I buckled under pressure.

Notified by email 10 minutes ago, had two lines of credit opened on March 13th, both reported by TransUnion. My credit has taken a hit. Opened by:

WYNDHAM VACATION RESORTS
10750 W CHARLESTON BLVD SUITE 130 LAS VEGAS, NV 89135

Anyone else experience this surprise?
How do they have your SSN if you're resale only?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
How do they have your SSN if you're resale only?

I believe it is submitted for the resale deed. Supposedly they run a soft pull before a presentation to see if you qualify.

I talked to two Wyndham agents, they seemed convinced that this is all a big mistake. I'm going to dispute this off my credit report.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I believe it is submitted for the resale deed. Supposedly they run a soft pull before a presentation to see if you qualify.

I talked to two Wyndham agents, they seemed convinced that this is all a big mistake. I'm going to dispute this off my credit report.
They don't have mine. Every time I call in for verification, I just tell them my last 4 is 0000 and it works. I never financed any of my resales or gave out that info carefully because of their slimy practices.

A dispute should work. I mainly didn't give mine to make it harder for them to ding my credit if I wanted out but couldn't get out.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
(
I would definitely dispute this. You should also be able to find out which financial institution opened the line (is it really Wyndham or is the line at Barclays or some other bank). I'd also contact them and indicate that the accounts were opened fraudulently. If you really want to go all in, you can contact Nevada and possibly Las Vegas government agencies supervising financial institutions and attorney generals/DAs. The same for your state you reside in. If you are over 65 you might be able to get more attention on it as fraud against the elderly (I don't know the actual terminology here).

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Midtown 45, Santa Barbara, Avenue Plaza
I’ve had that happen at a sales presentation but never by mail. If they opened accounts you may want to find out what meatball did that without your authorization and report the idiot to Wyndham management. It’s annoying enough at a sales presentation then having to follow up with closure requests. Takes about 90 days after requesting closure to restore your score.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Wyndham Sedona
Wyndham Kona
We use Geico credit monitoring, and I was told that we have a $0 balance new account attached to our Kona purchase.
I would definitely dispute this. You should also be able to find out which financial institution opened the line (is it really Wyndham or is the line at Barclays or some other bank). I'd also contact them and indicate that the accounts were opened fraudulently. If you really want to go all in, you can contact Nevada and possibly Las Vegas government agencies supervising financial institutions and attorney generals/DAs. The same for your state you reside in. If you are over 65 you might be able to get more attention on it as fraud against the elderly (I don't know the actual terminology here).

According to Geico, it was Wyndham Vacations Resorts. Both were attached to our Kona purchase and contract #, with a balance of $0. They display as new accounts that have been paid off. The Geico agent I talked to said that this happens sometimes when you buy a timeshare, even with cash. But why would my credit be hit with two new accounts off of one contract? I am going to call Wyndham and see if they can remove at least one. We are both under 60.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Did you check in at a resort, go to the parking pass desk to get your wristbands and give them your credit card for the $20-$40 refundable deposit to hold your spot for an update or sales presentation? That's how they've fraudulently opened credit card accounts for a number of people.

You aren't ever reqired to do a sales presentation or update. Unless you purchased a Discovery package and are on your first stay. Don't give your credit card or driver's license to parking pass/wristband people