• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham is removing the jacuzzi tubs from the units

UGA1981

Reaction score
We learned that as refurbishments are being done, the jacuzzi tubs are being replaced by a 1 person non-jetted bathtub in the master bedroom. It is difficult to use due to its height and it is not designed for big people. Unfortunately, this is a major downgrade in the units.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I agree that’s a big downgrade. This old body loves to sit in the jacuzzi for a while after a busy day of sightseeing or walking in the parks.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I'm thinking this is probably resort-specific and not a blanket statement for all Wyndham resorts.

I've always thought the tubs out in the bedrooms were silly (the 70s called, and they would like their decor back). If they are going to have them they should be contained in the actual bathrooms.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
We have found that the jacuzzis are a problem because of the mildew that collects in the nozzles. Black specks floating around in the tub are a bit disconcerting.

UGA1981

Reaction score
We have found that the jacuzzis are a problem because of the mildew that collects in the nozzles. Black specks floating around in the tub are a bit disconcerting.
I made some phone calls and it is planned as refurbishments are done. Jacuzzis will be removed unless the homeowner associations object. The tub being put in place is dangerous to get in and out of---,it looks like a big horse trough--no jets, only good for 1 person, average size or smaller. Some resorts do not keep clean, but, in general, they are maintained to where you do not see debris while using.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We do not use them. It does not appear that Housekeeping puts them through a proper cleaning between guests. Heck they seldom Dust the Fan Blades or Tops of Frigs.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I supsect these are used by the minority of guests. The majority use the jetted tubs to store their luggage. They are a maintenance headache and when they leak they cause issue with units below them. Several of the Marriott resorts we visit have been removing them, mostly in favor of large walk in showers. I suspect there will be a day when the large walk in shower will no longer be in favor???

troy12n

Reaction score
This is probably very location specific. I can think of several locations where removal of the tubs would leave a huge hole in the bathroom design, as the jacuzzi tubs take up a big footprint.

I agree, as a bigger guy, I don't like the idea of a combined tub/shower replacing the separate shower / tub layout of a lot of the resorts...

Me and my wife also might be in the minority, but we actually use them at almost every visit when the units have them. If the intent is to cut down on cost, hopefully this is indicated by lower maintenance fees, or at least a smaller year over year increase... but who am I fooling

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
I do like throwing both of my kids in them and adding bubbles. they rather enjoy having a huge bath.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
My Dad always used 'em and my grandkids love them - like you @lotus921v - very enjoyable for them.

We were flooded at Wisconsin Dells when the people above us left theirs running (at 2am). Bad - living room, bathroom, and master bedroom. They indicated it happened more frequently than you would think. Ours was so bad it also flooded the room below us. I guess you could do that with a garden tub (I think that is what hey are calling the new design)? But maybe not, maybe they drain differently (better)?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Wyndham is more concerned about what they think younger people want. Give the younger people another 10-15 years and they'll understand how good those whirlpool tubs feel when they have body parts that hurt. If in 10-15 years Wyndham is still running the show they'll be more than willing to spend the owners maintenance fee dollars to put the then newest version of whirlpool tubs back in. And take their cut too. Lol

In addition to the Wyndham resorts we stay at a lot of resorts through RCI. When it comes to design, comfort of the furniture and beds and the extras that really count, unfortunately Wyndham falls short compared to some of the other timeshare group's resorts and stand alone timeshare resorts.

To get back on topic. Some resorts have the whirlpool tubs of different shapes and sizes. Some have a good sized bathtub. Some have what I call the bathtub shower combo that are pretty much a bathtub in name only because they're worthless if you need or want to actually soak in the bathtub.

I really appreciate having a tub deep enough that my shoulders are in the water and long enough to have my legs stretched out at the same time.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
I do like throwing both of my kids in them and adding bubbles. they rather enjoy having a huge bath.
When we had a jetted tub in our MBR at home, the manufacturer specifically said not to use bubbles in it due to potential damage to the jet system.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Starting with Beach Club Villas in 2016-17, DVC has been replacing the jetted tubs with bubblers - bubbles come up from the bottom and are supposedly cleaned when they drain - and soaking tubs. I haven’t stayed in a villa with a bubble tub but I agree the soaking tubs are difficult to get into and out of. OTOH I had begun to have difficulty climbing into and especially out of the jetted tub at BWV, so my tub bath days are likely over no matter what.

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Midtown 45, Santa Barbara, Avenue Plaza
Never use them myself. Don’t even use the one at home. Good place to keep dirty laundry. Prefer using hot tubs after a dip in a pool if I do that.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I never used them. It doesn't matter whether I'm at a Wyndham resort or a Four seasons hotel, I never feel comfortable using them. You have to trust that the cleaning crew did a really good job cleaning the crevices around the jets. The one and only time I tried to use one at a hotel, there were black specs floating in the water. Yuck.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Sadly not all resorts have the same amount of storage.
Also, much of the advice regarding avoiding bed bugs includes putting your luggage on a hard surface, like in an unused tub.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KBV, Bali Hai, Wyndham Palm Aire, Bonnet Creek, Patriot's Place, Harbour, Sea Watch, etc.
This is a downright pity. First, you are right. We have experienced this problem a few times. The problem should be addressed by Wyndham and/or the HOA. Second, we are long term Fairfield/Wyndham owners who moved up to Platinum years ago because of this type of amenity, the benefits of which some no longer exist and the things promised by a bloviating sales force.
We enjoy the jacuzzi tub to sooth our old, aching bones but even more importantly our kids, grandkids and great grandkids love them.
I can appreciate the fact that many don't use them but the ones that do should be assured that they are safe and can be used without a mold worry. It is just common sense and those say that it is a downgrade are correct.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
I've never been able to convince myself to use the jacuzzi tub anyway. And I haven't been willing to make the effort to clean it out properly myself when on vacation. They might as well remove it from my perspective. However, a nice oversize tub would be a better option.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The easiest way to clean these is to fill the tub with hot water and then drop in several automatic dishwasher tabs or detergent. Run it for about 15 minutes then drain and rinse. You can also use some vinegar, dump a whole gallon in. But your room probably already has dishwashing detergent. Just be sure to use the stuff for the dishwasher and not what you would use to wash dishes in the sink.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
I will miss the jacuzzi tubs. I use them and it is SOOOO nice to soak in a jetted tub.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I don't mind it, as long as they leave a soaker tub of any size. I like sitting in a tub when my body is aching. When I first broke my foot and right arm, 3/26/2023, yes I did that, all I could take was a shower. Now I can get into the tub again, and it feels nice because I do my PT exercises first, and then get into the tub to soak for a bit. My arm is still so sore, but I have learned how to climb into a tub by holding on with just the one arm. It's been freeing to sit in a tub again. Still cannot shave my own legs, however. That is annoying. My right arm doesn't reach that far yet.