• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham is our name and Deception is our game!

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Wyndham IT wrote programs to print out such offers which are intended to deceive and which clearly indicate an intentional purpose of evasion.
So, it's not just a few bad apples in sales with bad practices. I think deception is part of and parcel of their sales policy and practices. They have co-opted IT to write such programs for them knowingly or otherwise.

They show incremental points and incremental net price but not incremental net price/1000 points.
Instead, they show a deceptive Today's Price which, in effect, represents buying back your own points at the Gross price/1000.

This was at Towers in the Grove at North Myrtle Beach in February 2019 where we had a pleasant experience with the GM of the resort itself. But the sales slime nearly ruined an otherwise plasant stay.
I still don't understand the doodles and gibberish the weasel scratched on paper. Those sales weasels were so brazen trying to convince me to spend $31k today to save $72k in maintenance fees. Notice Zero down ploy!

Shameless fools who couldn't pass basic math and write worse than chidren in kindergarten!

IMG_3199.jpg
IMG_3200.jpg
IMG_3201.JPG

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
The weasels were really hungry/greedy. They didn't just want to sell me 105K CWA points. Even at the ridiculous gross price of $253/1000, it would only be ~$25k. They had to poo-poo my 420k GD CWS and get me to trade it in. I wonder what Wyndhams' accounting treatment for the >$6k ill-gotten gains would be? Stolen money to offset their bad debt? This is daylight robbery!

I think Wyndham has some kind of inside game going on to acquire the very desirable GD deeds. Or it's just what they thought I would give up more easily compared to my 224k Waikiki Beachwalk. Or the fuzzy math worked better with me buying back my 420k at GD at $253/1000.

I am glad I fould these pictures when I was looking for pictures with a flag for @Fredflintstone's thread. These bastards need to be shut down! This is CORPORATE deception!
If they can pull this on me who is very comfortable with numbers, what are they doing to people for whom 'math is not a strong suit' to quote another TUGger on a recent thread! :(

Last edited:

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hopefully you got your free parking and buffets.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think parking was free at that resort. A beautiful resort and had a great manager who took care of us as I had mentioned elsewhere. Let me give kudos to Dan Hudson again, he was managing Wyndham Nashville in July when we were there.
Buffets? Can you belive it those assHATs didn't have any and the greeter got me a cold bagel! What kind of fool fishes with a cold bagel as bait? Haha!
That was by far our worst sales experience ever! I stepped out and called my Wyndham contact in Kona and shared the shenanigans with him! He was pleased to receive my call but was astonished at the tactics/shenanigans!:)

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
The weasels were really hungry/greedy. They didn't just want to sell me 105K CWA points. Even at the ridiculous gross price of $253/1000, it would only be ~$25k. They had to poo-poo my 420k GD CWS and get me to trade it in. I wonder what Wyndhams' accounting treatment for the >$6k ill-gotten gains would be? Stolen money to offset their bad debt? This is daylight robbery!

I think Wyndham has some kind of inside game going on to acquire the very desirable GD deeds. Or it's just what they thought I would give up more easily compared to my 224k Waikiki Beachwalk. Or the fuzzy math worked better with me buying back my 420k at GD at $253/1000.

I am glad I fould these pictures when I was looking for pictured with a flag for @Fredflintstone's thread. These bastards need to be shut down! This is CORPORATE deception!
If they can pull this on me who is very comfortable with numbers, what are they doing to people for whom 'math is not a strong suit' to quote another TUgger on a recent thread! :(

I hear ya.

The key problem here is that contractually they can change the terms (or rules) at anytime for any reason at their sole discretion.

They can add fees, change point structures, manipulate status and all you can do is stream and pull out the CC to pay. They know telling them to stick it will cost you in a number of ways (selling at a huge loss, drop in credit score, etc.)

Frankly, that’s why I will never enter the world of timeshare except to rent.

So, goodies given today can be reduced, changed, stopped at anytime. It reminds me of the game of monopoly where the banker calls all the shots to ensure a win.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, Fred, this is plain and clear deception. There ought to be laws against such con games. I was really pissed when I saw those pictures I had long forgotten. I am not going to give Wyndham executives the benefit of the doubt and allow them to slough off their responsibility onto wayward sales people. I am not a fan of of 'plausible deniability'. Why can't we also lynch them and claim plausible deniability!:mad:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance - then baffle them with bullshit. :poop:

“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”
― W.C. Fields

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
No, Fred, this is plain and clear deception. There ought to be laws against such con games. I was really pissed when I saw those pictures I had long forgotten. I am not going to give Wyndham executives the benefit of the doubt and allow them to slough off their responsibility onto wayward sales people. I am not a fan of of 'plausible deniability'. Why can't we also lynch them and claim plausible deniability!:mad:

The problem is when they are called on one “con” game, they just create another.

The one peave I have is when they charge $$$ to save old points. What? The cash I paid in MF was permanent...why am I paying more to just keep what I paid for? RCI is the worst. They charge a fortune to rescue points past 2 years.

I know some folks who say they like this expiry because it forces the to vacation. Personally, I don’t want to be forced to do anything, especially vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The problem is when they are called on one “con” game, they just create another.

The one peave I have is when they charge $$$ to save old points. What? The cash I paid in MF was permanent...why am I paying more to just keep what I paid for? RCI is the worst. They charge a fortune to rescue points past 2 years.

I know some folks who say they like this expiry because it forces the to vacation. Personally, I don’t want to be forced to do anything, especially vacation.

Ok, Fred, I have to disagree. Points are a claim or a demand on the supply of a 'perishable commodity' that perishes every night. Points perish every year or extended for a price. It's impractical not to have points or demand to expire at some point. Otherwise demand would simply overwhelm supply.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Fair enough. I do know you know the ropes much better than I and from many of the posts I have read of yours, you know how to maximize.

I suppose a few shortcomings (like Buffet and parking) underweighs the other advantages you have by knowing the system so well.

Funny, I like complexity on my job and boy, sometimes it gets real complex. However, I suppose I just don’t have the patience to garner a Doctorate of Wyndham or any other points system....Hmmm. SNA27, PhD, WYNN. . That’s a compliment BTW...

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For some reason, I thought that quote goes all the way back to the bible. At least, that's what the nuns told me in 7th grade English. :geek:

-- deleted --
Edit:
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”
― W.C. Fields

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fair enough. I do know you know the ropes much better than I and from many of the posts I have read of yours, you know how to maximize.

I suppose a few shortcomings (like Buffet and parking) underweighs the other advantages you have by knowing the system so well.

Funny, I like complexity on my job and boy, sometimes it gets real complex. However, I suppose I just don’t have the patience to garner a Doctorate of Wyndham or any other points system....Hmmm. SNA27, PhD, WYNN. . That’s a compliment BTW...

Sent from my iPad uing Tapatalk
Fred, I just started learning the ropes in November. I am not ready to graduate. You flatter me and I have miles to go before I sleep! *1 ;)

*1 Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by a great American Poet Robert Lee Frost.
The poem describes the thoughts of a lone wagon driver, pausing at night in his travel to watch snow falling in the woods. It ends with him reminding himself that, despite the loveliness of the view, "I have promises to keep, / And miles to go before I sleep."

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Fred, I just started learning the ropes in November. I am not ready to graduate. You flatter me and I have miles to go before I sleep! ;)

Your just a clever guy and quick learner.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fred, I just started learning the ropes in November. I am not ready to graduate. You flatter me and I have miles to go before I sleep! *1 ;)

*1 Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by a great American Poet Robert Lee Frost.
The poem describes the thoughts of a lone wagon driver, pausing at night in his travel to watch snow falling in the woods. It ends with him reminding himself that, despite the loveliness of the view, "I have promises to keep, / And miles to go before I sleep."
:ponder:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think it's more rope a dope as Ali used to say.