• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham has a deedback program!!!

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called my resort, Wyndham Palm Aire and asked if they have a deed back program. They do and it's free of charge!!They are sending me the paperwork. I just have to sign it and have it notorized & send it back and it will be out of my name in 8 to 10 weeks with no cost to me other than the notary.
I asked if this is available at all Wyndham resorts and they said only those resorts that choose to participate.

So happy!

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called my resort, Wyndham Palm Aire and asked if they have a deed back program. They do and it's free of charge!!They are sending me the paperwork. I just have to sign it and have it notorized & send it back and it will be out of my name in 8 to 10 weeks with no cost to me other than the notary.
I asked if this is available at all Wyndham resorts and they said only those resorts that choose to participate.

So happy!

It is very easy to use. I disposed of a high MF contract that way a few months ago.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
The program is called Ovation. You can contact them either at the regular Wyndham number, or at 1-855-312-9040.

It's NOT a buy-back program. They will pay you zero. But if you're looking to unload and your contract qualifies, it's an option.

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the number to pay my maintenance and I asked the lady if they have a deed back program and she said yes and connected me. They said you have to be paid in full and your maintenance has to be up to date.

Glad to hear it worked well for you, Comicbook Man.

go-rebels

Reaction score
Does anyone know the list of resorts? Also, is it only of points contracts or fixed weeks as well.
And converted fixed weeks?

I would think that high maintenance fee resorts would want to participate to fill in the ranks of the non-paying MF owners.

I'm assuming that high MF resorts are that way because of dropped ownership. Am I correct?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
And converted fixed weeks?

I would think that high maintenance fee resorts would want to participate to fill in the ranks of the non-paying MF owners.

I'm assuming that high MF resorts are that way because of dropped ownership. Am I correct?

Actually, the MFs and drop of ownership has been going down due to CWA. Almost everything being turned in, goes into CWA ... the product Wyndham sales is selling now.

Lots of reduced costs: don't pay your MFs, account suspended, and after XZY number of days and a certified letter or 2, "POOF!" Your ownership is ALL gone .. no foreclosure issues or costs or lengthy timeframe. Loan debt hits your credit score ... they can still go after you for your full purchase costs (the unpaid loan).

CWA is where all the deeded fixed and floating weeks have been going since it started.

go-rebels

Reaction score
Actually, the MFs and drop of ownership has been going down due to CWA. Almost everything being turned in, goes into CWA ... the product Wyndham sales is selling now.

Lots of reduced costs: don't pay your MFs, account suspended, and after XZY number of days and a certified letter or 2, "POOF!" Your ownership is ALL gone .. no foreclosure issues or costs or lengthy timeframe. Loan debt hits your credit score ... they can still go after you for your full purchase costs (the unpaid loan).

CWA is where all the deeded fixed and floating weeks have been going since it started.
So would you expect high maintenance cost sites like Plantation to go down as more legacy weeks are consumed through CWA?

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
So would you expect high maintenance cost sites like Plantation to go down as more legacy weeks are consumed through CWA?

NO ... each HOA sets their MFs based on the cost of running THAT resort/HOA.

CWA is a "club" whose members pay the blended MFs for all the deeds held by the club .... So, if Resort A have 50% of the points value held by CWA and Resort B and Resort C each have 25% portion of the ownership held by CWA ....
AND Resort A costs $15 per point with 100 points $1500
AND Resort B costs $30 per point with 50 points $1500
AND Resort C costs $50 per point with 50 points $2500 ... the blended cost per point (via my calculator) is $5500 divided by 200 is $27.50 per point.

If you wanted to owe less on MFs, buy Resort A's points only. But most likely will cost YOU more per point to buy ... demand by all buyers.
If you wanted ARP at Resort C, buy the "club" points for lower value of the MFs BEST value or savings.
If you want to go to Resort B ... buying the "club" points might save you a few dollars, but it is NOT unreasonable to just BUY Resort B.

jaygould

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Linda, Are you saying that you can unload (and get out of ongoing obligation to pay maintenance fees) a Wyndham timeshare contract through Ovation even if there is an outstanding debt on the retail purchase?

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score

Linda, Are you saying that you can unload (and get out of ongoing obligation to pay maintenance fees) a Wyndham timeshare contract through Ovation even if there is an outstanding debt on the retail purchase?

Jim,
My first quote covers the REDUCED costs to WYNDHAM in selling and collecting dollars on a CWA contract. It is NOT deeded property ... just a CLUB membership - a piece of paper. The LOAN is for real until paid off like any consumer loan .. NOT a secured loan against real property - like your HOUSE or CONDO or even a car loan.

If your ownership is a CWP .. it is a deeded to the resort WHERE your underlying deed is, recorded in with other deeds at the county where the resort is located, and is more like YOUR HOUSE or CONDO ... "real" property.

And I believe Ovation's number 1 requirement is NOTHING is owed on the contract.... has to be free and clear.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Where is this list of resorts? Summer Bay has a program where you pay them $2,000 dollars to take back your week, but only if you qualify they suggested I try to sell it myself! Been making the best of it, used it to vacation at another resort

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is this list of resorts? Summer Bay has a program where you pay them $2,000 dollars to take back your week, but only if you qualify they suggested I try to sell it myself! Been making the best of it, used it to vacation at another resort

You are posting in the Wyndham forum ... Summer Bay is NOT a Wyndham property.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
You are posting in the Wyndham forum ... Summer Bay is NOT a Wyndham property.

I was told that Summer Bay has some Wyndham units. Can someone confirm this? This was from a closing company very popular here on TUG.

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village

So happy!

Thanks for the information, I just listed my Palm-Aire in the bargain thread. I will follow your lead and call on Monday to give mine back.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Has anyone given back a deeded week (not points) and been able to keep usage that would occur after the deed back? The usage is week 52. The 2016 MF has been paid and I want to use the 2016 week but I don't want to wait until 2017 to see about deeding back.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone given back a deeded week (not points) and been able to keep usage that would occur after the deed back? The usage is week 52. The 2016 MF has been paid and I want to use the 2016 week but I don't want to wait until 2017 to see about deeding back.

You are asking this in a Wyndham thread?

If not Wyndham, you would have to call your resort.

If a Wyndham ... you could call and ASK. But I would do it on checkin day Dec 2016 from the resort ... start talking to the group in Oct ... you know, the inquiring mind type of questions ... MFs for various Wyndham fixed weeks have different drop dead deadlines..

My one Wyndham FW resort is due Nov 1st and another is due Dec 1st... the Nov 1st gets hit with a small late fee 30 days but is not considered unpaid til the 60 day late mark. Then it gets nasty.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes, Santa Barbara.

roseamb60

Reaction score
Hi Vacation Hopeful is right All loans have to be paid in full land all maintenance fee paid i full Ovation is a good program I got rid of four contracts two at ,one at Nashville , and one at Sedona after 26 years f ownership I got three years of point in return and some VIP benefits Talk to Ovation please cal Membership Services and read last yeaers thead here about Ovation The thread was started by Buckspa in Dec 2014 I enjoyed my Wyndham ownership Rose