• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham guest cert question

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have put a deposit down for a Wyndham rental next winter. I saw the points owners reservation via email attachment. When it gets changed to my name will Wyndham mail me the guest certificate or will the person that rented it to me be the one who provides it?

( have read about this here for years but this is a first for myself)

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
The owner has the option of entering the guest's e-mail address when he/she makes the request for transfer from Wyndham. If it is entered I presume that the GC goes to the guest in addition to the owner (although I do not know for sure). I personally never enter the guest's e-mail address because I do not want the renter to be forever tied to Wyndham's system and perhaps be bombarded with advertisements, etc.

Perhaps you will get an answer for another owner who adds the guest e-mail address regularly and we can both learn a thing or two.

Jim

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Resort and Wyndham CWA
When guests are added to reservations, owners have the option of providing the guest's email or not. Since Wyndham puts the Member Number on Guest Certs, I always choose not to provide the guest's email. Once someone has your member number, it is rather easy to figure out a way to access your account. I always remove my member number before sending the Guest Cert to my renter. Wyndham sends me two reservation notices; one addressed to my guest and one to me.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never give out renters' email addresses. I receive the guest confirmations from Wyndham and forward them on to those who are renting from me. That way I have a copy of them for my records and I know they received them. I do this for both, the initial conformation and the printable conformation.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never provide the guest's email to Wyndham. If they want SPAM or endless promotions from "someone" they have "done" business with ... it is the guest's call. I get no $$$$ as a referral fee from Wyndham.

PS I rather keep the guests' better email address .. not the one they use for future junk email.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if you enter it, Wyndham doesn't forward the copy of the guest certificate confirmation to them. It is only used for sales.

Jason

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if you enter it, Wyndham doesn't forward the copy of the guest certificate confirmation to them. It is only used for sales.

Jason

Actually, it depends upon the resort. I have had several guests receive resort confirmation emails from the resorts directly.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, it depends upon the resort. I have had several guests receive resort confirmation emails from the resorts directly.

Yeah, I think Dolphin's Cove (Weeks) is one of those that process their own GCs. If it's a Club or if the HOA is fully run by the corporate "machine," then it's all processed by corporate. Otherwise, by local resort management.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, this reservation is for the new STT Margaritaville next winter. I just wasn't sure what to expect re verification. It's really all about trust as person didn't want to use paypal due to being from Canada and the extra costs/exchange rate...

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
A bit of a twist...

Last time I changed the email address on my account (which has been 1 - 2 years ago), all the notifications sent that evening were sent snail mail. Thus the account information we try so hard to protect was sent to a renter if I had happened to add a guest confirmation that day (or it happened to be a day Wyndham was sending the pre-arrival notices, etc).

I can't imagine Wyndham has done anything to improve that process, seems like a bug that would be prioritized very low, if even recognized.

Last edited: