• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham fees??

kpurvis7

Reaction score
I am looking to purchasing 308k resale from an owner and I have a few questions regarding extra fees. Housekeeping credits how are they used and how much are they when you run out? What does a 1BR OR 2BR take and do you still get all credits when you buy resale? Also,how many reservation transactions do you get and how much does it cost after that? Lastly what is the fee for borrowing points? I appreciate any information I've gotten a few different answers when calling Wyndham and figured you all are the pros ;)

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Somewheres here on TUG is the link to the Wyndham Member Directory. Those answers I would all be found there. While I am very familiar with the Wyndham product ... as a VIP level ... many of those fees DO NOT apply to me... would have to look them up myself for you.

As for RT, you get 1 for each 77K of points in your member number.

As for GC, you get 1 per member number (not per account/deed).

As for HK ... those you would have to look up both for Unit size required and I believe you get 1 for each 1K of points but usage is based on UNIT size ... for each 1-7 night reservation. Stay for 1 night requires just as MUCH cleaning as if you were there for 7 nights.

As for reservations ... you can currently ONLY book 7 nights per reservation ... as the underlying ownership records/deeds are for a 7 night stay with different units being either FRI or SAT checkins ... a few resorts, also have SUN checkin units (leftover from a weeks system and definition of timesharing).

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
As for RT, you get 1 for each 77K of points in your member number.
$30 each after that ($59 on the phone)

As for GC, you get 1 per member number (not per account/deed).
$99 each after that ($129 on the phone)

As for HK ... those you would have to look up both for Unit size required and I believe you get 1 for each 1K of points but usage is based on UNIT size ... for each 1-7 night reservation. Stay for 1 night requires just as MUCH cleaning as if you were there for 7 nights.
1 for each 1K points. For each 7 day or less stay a studio requires 28, 1 bedroom 63, 2 bed 77, 3 bed 140, 4 bedroom 154. They can be purchased for $2.25 each if you run out.

By borrowing do you mean credit pooling? $39 per use year.

Last edited:

kpurvis7

Reaction score
Yall are awesome! Thank you! And resale you still get all
of the same?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yall are awesome! Thank you! And resale you still get all
of the same?

All you lose is the ability to apply your points toward VIP level, cross-reserving Worldmark resorts, and some junk stuff that is a waste of points. I'm sure I'm forgetting some minutiae

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The newspaper!!!!

All you lose is the ability to apply your points toward VIP level, cross-reserving Worldmark resorts, and some junk stuff that is a waste of points. I'm sure I'm forgetting some minutiae

You forgot the newspaper! VIP Platinum Owners (not Guests) get a newspaper delivered to their door :doh:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
This doesn't really answer the OP, but applies to the above referenced VIP. Probably the most valuable features of VIP for us are the unlimited housekeeping credits. Before vip l hated that we had to buy Housekeeping credits for short stays. Money-wise the price we would have to pay for HK will never come anywhere close to the cost of retail points. That's just my reduced stress level that I hang on the plus side for VIP. We do enjoy the 30 day upgrade, but can only get it when we travel at very low demand times. It's not always there.

Here are the current VIP benefits for all 3 levels as currently on the MyclubWyndham site:

get a readable view here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AIRsjCAbYKWI4LY&v=3&ithint=photo,png
2015-09-29_14-07-08_VIP_zpslfigcwrx.png

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you buying an access contract or a deeded resort?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
308k deeded, not CWA

Deeded where? I can probably give you a good MF estimate if you will say where it is deeded.

If it's the Royal Vista on EBay, they are fibbing when they say "low fee." They are also a little off on their reported MF. Royal Vista is $6.42/K including Club Fee. Well, at least I don't consider that to be low.

Last edited:

antjmar

Reaction score
[IMGR][/IMGR]Fyi 308k is not vip even if you buy from Wyndham.
If you decide you want to buy from Wyndham in the future your 308k points wouldnt count.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have not finalize yet, I would consider buying CWA. You will be paying $5.50 (+ or -) but the benefit of ARP to about 60 resorts, to me has been well worth it. It sounds like you're committed to 308,000 points or, $141.00 per month. Plus resale value.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now the question is how much you want to pay up front.
I cannot help you there. I'm direct. Most here take a look at how many years it takes to return your investment.