• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham extra fees...charges via RCI "Extra Vacations"

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Quick question, as I have something on hold...The "fine print" as I was on the RCI site grabbing a Wyn Cypress Palms to attend TUG gathering...it said $75 might be charged since it's a 5 night stay. With the tax and fee, another 75 bucks makes this unattractive for me. I didn't know if I should put this posting on the "Exchanging" TUG board, or the Lounge. If a moderator or admin wants to move this to a better TUG forum, please do so, as I need a rapid response.

I hope somebody sees my question today or tomorrow and could post a quick reply if you know what happens with Wyndham fees upon arrival and check-in...if a RCI member booked a 5 night stay through RCI "Extra Vacations". TIA!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2, DRI South Bend 1/1
Quick question, as I have something on hold...The "fine print" as I was on the RCI site grabbing a Wyn Cypress Palms to attend TUG gathering...it said $75 might be charged since it's a 5 night stay. With the tax and fee, another 75 bucks makes this unattractive for me. I didn't know if I should put this posting on the "Exchanging" TUG board, or the Lounge. If a moderator or admin wants to move this to a better TUG forum, please do so, as I need a rapid response.

I hope somebody sees my question today or tomorrow and could post a quick reply if you know what happens with Wyndham fees upon arrival and check-in...if a RCI member booked a 5 night stay through RCI "Extra Vacations". TIA!
All Extra Vacations have fees, usually $100. The "Extra Vacations" usually cost $300-400 via Last Calls. In fact, it's one of the ways that TS resorts, promising people a free extra vacation, make new TS owners think they are getting a good deal. In reality, the "Extra Vacations" usually save TS owners $200/year, which of course is not enough to justify retail/developer purchases. @SNA27 you asked whether it's worth it to use "Extra Vacations." Yes, if you ever use the Last Calls, which is usually quiet season.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
All Extra Vacations have fees, usually $100. The "Extra Vacations" usually cost $300-400 via Last Calls. In fact, it's one of the ways that TS resorts, promising people a free extra vacation, make new TS owners think they are getting a good deal. In reality, the "Extra Vacations" usually save TS owners $200/year, which of course is not enough to justify retail/developer purchases. @SNA27 you asked whether it's worth it to use "Extra Vacations." Yes, if you ever use the Last Calls, which is usually quiet season.

That's not exactly what they're asking. They're asking if the $75 housekeeping fee disclosed on the fees tab of the Extra Vacation in RCI will be charged (in addition to the understood cash cost of the Extra Vacation), because it says "may be a fee" in the wording. Because it's a 5-night stay and not a full week I'd expect to pay that fee, because RCI vacations are priced in terms of full weeks, and if they've got to clean that unit twice in a week because they're offering a 5-night stay they'll charge that fee. But I don't have firsthand experience to that effect, never having booked an RCI cash vacation of less than a week. This question is probably more pertinent to the exchanges forum.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thank you both...I probably worded my question wrong since I was in a hurry. But I am thinking they will stick me with an extra $75 fee...not worth it to me. (Plus they'll be ringing my phone off the hook and trapping me at check-in, to give me a parking pass I won't even need...from their OPC who will want me to sign up for a tour.) :rolleyes:

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Are there two different nomenclatures for RCI accounts from, say, Wyndham, as opposed to the kind of RCI account I have for my RCI points account? This is the second time in as many weeks that I've heard people talking about expensive Last Call weeks or, now, cheap Extra Vacations. Do these terms not mean the same thing in corporate accounts?

Edit : for the OP, I try not to book the <7 night Last Call or Extra Vacations, because you're paying at least a 7 day exchange fee, AND run the risk of them charging you a short stay housekeeping fee.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this is a Points reservation for a partial week, yes you will pay it. If it is a Weeks reservation using the new resort code (DK75) then I'm not as certain, but based on how the fee is worded I suspect the answer is "yes." Might be worth calling the resort.

"Housekeeping fee for all RCI reservations: There may be a fee of 75.00 U.S. dollars for all units, per stay. Cash or Credit is accepted."
Fee is for less than 7 night stays.​

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are there two different nomenclatures for RCI accounts from, say, Wyndham, as opposed to the kind of RCI account I have for my RCI points account? This is the second time in as many weeks that I've heard people talking about expensive Last Call weeks or, now, cheap Extra Vacations. Do these terms not mean the same thing in corporate accounts?

Edit : for the OP, I try not to book the <7 night Last Call or Extra Vacations, because you're paying at least a 7 day exchange fee, AND run the risk of them charging you a short stay housekeeping fee.

No, the Wyndham portal RCI accounts see the exact same cash vacations as other entry points to RCI, and Last Calls are typically cheapest while Extra Vacations can vary but are generally noticeably more expensive than Last Calls (the exception being the best Extra Vacation sales, which come very close to Last Call prices). In the OP's situation, from checking RCI it looks like the vacation in question was only available via EV and not LC (though it would fall in the LC timeframe), and was a pretty reasonable price for 5 nights before taking the $75 cleaning fee into account.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done a few RCI exchanges. I didn't get charged housekeeping or fees at WBC or Reunion in Florida. There was no extra charge at Welk. I did get charged 1 euro/day per adult plus electricity in Europe though I think that has less to do with resort and more to do with the EU.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't get charged housekeeping or fees at WBC or Reunion in Florida. There was no extra charge at Welk.

Were these for less than a week stays? That's specifically what the OP is asking about (and also as it applies RCI's cash vacations rather than exchanges).

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of times they were "free" weeks so I had to pay tax (lovely.) I never get partial weeks as it is the same difference to me just getting the full discount week and not being there the entire time. But there should be enough Wyndham owners showing up in Orlando that perhaps an ISO on the wanted board might even be cheaper than RCI.