• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham eliminating mega-renters

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Fairfield Bay, our first exchange with two 15 year old girls. Drove over an hour from nearest highway, basically in middle of nowhere , no television in guest bedroom, weather terrible,

girls were miserable until a 16 year old boy was discovered .........

Thank you for the best memory post of the day.

< I bet those "girls" are closer to 40 today & still remember that vacation>

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just read the resurrected post from 2015 where Ronnwas giving away his contracts. I saw no con, as some have asserted. Yes, there were expenses, the timeshare wasn’t free. But what was astonishing was that timeshares still had sales value in those days, that someone would actually pay for a resale,

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
In fairness, I don't think you're really (or at least should be) the target of the criticism. There are people leveraging 20M+ points with a million point developer contract to get them to VIPP. There have been people who have had multiple accounts like this, for example leveraging 80M points with 4-5M retail points. You have some retail points in your account that you couldn't help being treated like VIP points. Others have gone out and acquired tens of millions of points to operate as a business. That's a choice they made which was outside the letter of Club Wyndham rules. Do I defend them because they were only exploiting Wyndham's own hole and because weasels were coaching them to do it? I do, but I can't bring myself to view them as innocent victims of Wyndham's inefficiencies, either.
Which is all the more reason the criticism and judging here on TUG is unacceptable. (And I sure thought Cindy was the target of criticism, when someone starts criticizing her MF's and adding on all kinds of assumptions... whew stuff couldn't have made up).

Honestly, I thought the volumes mentioned here were stopped 3-4 years ago. And thus, I say, again... if the super mega renting was stopped 3-4 years ago why didn't we see an upswing in availability? The megarenters targeted now are a drop in the bucket compared to what was ended 3-4 years ago.

I think much of this current exercise is a publicity stunt on Wyndham's part. I can't imagine they're doing anything that will amount to much. But they'll milk it. And have certainly managed to muster considerable animosity amongst owners at this time (there's my conspiracy theory).

Those owners that are thinking this is going to change availability will still be unhappy in the future. Me, personally, I'll continue to work for the discounted reservations I am able to find because I know how the system works, I took the time to understand and figure things out, and check for reservations at times I have learned to be optimum. No loopholes, no whining, not crying victim or that someone is stealing my reservations, just being responsible for myself.

A sign that Wyndham is trying to change their reputation, when we can see changes from the new CEO, might be that people stop calling the sales staff weasels? That means they have to stop being weasels. I'll say it again it starts at the top. Wyndham allows the shady sales practices we hear about, time after time after time. Has that changed? Time will tell...

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I disagree with the logic and assessment that nothing much will change with respect to availability. Let's use a logic example here since Ron did so earlier. The first is with respect to those who keep saying they all played by the rules - just to make abundantly clear that this is factually a false statement:

All CWP reservations made for commercial rental purposes violate Wyndham Commercial Use Terms & Conditions
Commercial renters made tens of thousands of reservations consisting of hundreds of millions of points for commercial rental purposes
Therefore commercial renters violated Wyndham Commercial Use Terms & Conditions

True or False?

True (IMHO)

Now let's use another logic example regarding availability:

Every rental reservation booked for a non-Wyndham renter removes that exact amount of available inventory for an actual Wyndham vacation owner
Commercial renters made hundreds of millions of points rental reservations (at least)
Therefore commercial renters removed hundreds of millions of points of inventory availability for renters that was made inaccessible to Wyndham vacation owners

True or False?

True (IMHO)

It is basic logic that whenever anyone books a reservation that consumes available inventory from the system - that exact piece of inventory is no longer available to anyone else in the system. If you booked hundreds/thousands of reservations for renters during your ownership span - then that exact amount of inventory was in point of fact removed from the system and no longer available to any other owners in the system. The system was designed to allow owners vs owners to compete for available inventory - points chasing reservations as Ron stated. It is not currently designed to accommodate commercial rental businesses using up large blocks of points for non-Wyndham renters in comparison (not since Voyager was rolled out). This fact is why megarenters were exited from the entire system back in 2016 yes? Unless my logic is wrong here, which is possible since I'm only one person, I'm really at a loss to understand how we can say with a straight face that availability won't change when hundreds of millions of points will be recovered as more megarenters exit the current system.

Does that mean as @paxsarah said that there won't be unhappy owners who wait until the last minute to attempt to book a prime season reservation and then complain that there's no availability? No it does not. There will always be people who complain about any system because they don't understand how to use it to their advantage. But freeing up hundreds of millions of points (at least) that were being consumed solely by renters that will be consumed solely by owners is a significant step in the right direction and will have a net positive impact on owners booking vacations. Exactly how the owner base consumes the extra inventory (planners vs impromptu) really is immaterial - and therefore all of the arguments as to which owners consume inventory really is moot. As @Eric B said - it will take time for these changes to play out - and if Wyndham doesn't observe the results they expect - I would expect more actions to further encourage the cessation of commercial timeshare rental business activities.

Now to respond to a couple of underlying tones that I've observed repeatedly here on TUG that I think are changing - at least in part - and to demonstrate some sensitivity to those who are seeing the death of the old as we move toward something new (whatever that may be). As @Sandi Bo and @rickandcindy23 have demonstrated in recent posts - there's a sense of "us vs them" on two levels that I've observed. The first level is Wyndham vs TUG. The TUG culture in the past has largely created an environment that encourages an "us vs them" attitude with respect to Wyndham. I am not the type of person to buy into this perspective. I believe in building bridges to effect change for the better for all involved - and I try to lead by example - which is why I've worked extremely hard over the past three years to build strategic relationships with key resources at Wyndham. With that in mind, I'm going to use something @Sandi Bo posted as an example of what we should try to avoid IMHO:

I've bolded the words I take issue with. Who is they? It appears They is Wyndham. IME there are many good people at Wyndham - just like the many good people here at TUG - who are simply trying to support their families as best possible via the income that working at Wyndham generates, just like there are many people running commercial rental businesses here on TUG to support their families as best possible using Wyndham timeshare inventory. Because I reject the "us vs them" premise, IMHO I think we need to be extremely careful with our words when we make statements like this, because when we do so it colors our entire outlook at a fundamental level. Now that said, do I think that's what @Sandi Bo really meant? With respect to Wyndham - I doubt it - but only she can answer that question - but I don't believe that all Wyndham people are bad people - just as I don't believe the folks here on TUG are bad people - because my experience with all of these people tells me otherwise (whether Wyndham or TUG). But that's me - because I believe in building bridges and relationships to work together to make things better for all involved. I believe in tearing down walls that promote division.

This brings us to the second level of "us vs them" and that's what we see playing out on this thread. The old perspectives vs the new perspectives. I suspect that at least a part of Sandi's response was actually an attempt to shift blame away from the megarenters and toward Wyndham - and at least in part given Wyndham once encouraged the exact behaviors they are now attempting to discourage - there's at least some validity in taking this approach. I also recognize that she and many others who have been here for a long time are seeing other folks that they have built relationships with via TUG come under scrutiny, and that's never easy to watch - and we often want to come to the defense of those we care about when this type of thing plays out. That is natural - it is even healthy to do and to see happen. This is likely a process we will continue to see play out here on TUG in the ensuing months. It is a healthy process and in many ways its a necessary process to get to the other side of all of this. When we come across especially contentious topics where we will inevitably disagree - we will likely have to simply agree to disagree and/or suspend debate to allow calmer heads to prevail.

The last point I wish to make is about the old vs the new perspectives. History teaches us that the new perspectives will eventually win out. That's just how it almost always works out. The young eventually replace the old. We are all navigating a state of transition for the Wyndham system here on TUG. It won't be easy for the older TUG folks to sit by and watch the death of commercial rental businesses - especially those who were running those businesses or had family or close friends doing so - since part of their livelihood is likely coming to an end. Having recently gone through a significant forced career change myself due to my company being acquired last year - I can certainly empathize with the prospect of having to face an uncertain future with respect to bringing in a paycheck. Overall - let's try to embrace the "seek first to understand before being understood" proverb when it comes to contentious topics. :cool:
I am not even going to try to respond to this, other than when I said they I refer to upper management at Wyndham. They, the upper management of Wyndham, are responsible for the policies and communication of the company. Communications, policies, software are substandard, and I hold them, the upper management of Wyndham, responsible. I did not mean to imply in any way that there are not good people at Wyndham. There are lots of good people at Wyndham. I have had more positive interactions with VC's, Owner Care, Title Services, Finance, the staff of the resorts than I can begin to count. If there are Wyndham folks on here, the ones down in the ditches, I did not mean to offend you in any way.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
A sign that Wyndham is trying to change their reputation, when we can see changes from the new CEO, might be that people stop calling the sales staff weasels? That means they have to stop being weasels. I'll say it again it starts at the top. Wyndham allows the shady sales practices we hear about, time after time after time. Has that changed? Time will tell...

Agree 100%. While some folks have reported a bit of improvement from the sales division, it’s only just started - and only time will tell if there is any substantive change.

Based upon a thread we just saw posted here on TUG about a VIPG owner getting the “refinance and buy more points and you will pay no more than you do today because the additional points will cover your MFs” which we all know to he untrue, we still have a long way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I am not even going to try to respond to this, other than when I said they I refer to upper management at Wyndham. They, the upper management of Wyndham, are responsible for the policies and communication of the company. Communications, policies, software are substandard, and I hold them, the upper management of Wyndham, responsible. I did not mean to imply in any way that there are not good people at Wyndham. There are lots of good people at Wyndham. I have had more positive interactions with VC's, Owner Care, Title Services, Finance, the staff of the resorts than I can begin to count. If there are Wyndham folks on here, the ones down in the ditches, I did not mean to offend you in any way.

Please understand I was only using your words as an example - I was not accusing you of anything directly - just using the literal words typed out. I openly admit to not being a normal person. I take words literally more than most others. I also try not to jump to conclusions about any individual persons motives - which is why I said only you can assign your own motives - but that I doubted you meant what you said literally.

The ELT certainly drives the corporate culture. It always does. I see glimmers of hope, and am cautiously optimistic looking forward, but am open to being wrong if/when that time comes and to constructive criticisms at any point along the way. For example - I did not think the VIP resale issue would be dealt with so quickly. @dgalati called it right, I called it wrong - certainly the timing of it at the very least.

@Sandi Bo if I offended you by using your words as an example - that was never my intention and I apologize. I used your words to communicate my views and perspectives as best possible. Sometimes forums can be a bit tone deaf and it’s easy to misinterpret true intentions unfortunately.

Lastly - you mentioned the sales weasel term. While I own a couple of non-Wyndham timeshares that I use for PIC - I do not own any other timeshares from the other larger timeshare companies like HGVC, Diamond (now merging into HGVC), BG, Marriott, Disney, etc. Are the sales practices at the other large competitors different when compared to Wyndham? I’ve been to a few BG presentations prior to buying into Wyndham - and they seemed to use the same FUD sales tactics as Wyndham IME.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Please understand I was only using your words as an example - I was not accusing you of anything directly - just using the literal words typed out. I openly admit to not being a normal person. I take words literally more than most others. I also try not to jump to conclusions about any individual persons motives - which is why I said only you can assign your own motives - but that I doubted you meant what you said literally.

The ELT certainly drives the corporate culture. It always does. I see glimmers of hope, and am cautiously optimistic looking forward, but am open to being wrong of/when that time comes and to constructive criticisms at any point along the way. For example - I did not think the VIP resale issue would be dealt with so quickly. @dgalati called it right, I called it wrong - certainly the timing of it at the very least.

@Sandi Bo if I offended you by using your words as an example - that was never my intention and I apologize. I used your words to communicate my views and perspectives as best possible. Sometimes forums can be a bit tone deaf and it’s easy to misinterpret true intentions unfortunately.

What hasn’t been dealt with, and is unlikely to be if there hasn’t been a major change of heart anywhere, is the small number of folks that bought resale points to add to their VIP ownership without the intention to begin megarenting under the program rules as they were written when they bought. I’m in that situation, and while I don’t think it will have much impact on me, I do view it as changing the ground rules I reasonably relied on (to some extent, anyway). On the plus side, it gives me a great reason to say heck no (not that I really needed one). On the minus side, it shows a lack a faith on Wyndham’s side coupled with indications of quite poor historic management of their own resources that got them in this situation. My bottom line is that I should be able to rely on the rules as they existed when I bought without having to research the superseded ones from five years before.

That being said, I still don’t think it will truly effect me based on my usage plans. IMHO, Wyndham would be better off if they had official means of granting status to resale purchases as exists with Vistana, DRI, and to some extent Marriott. It should never have taken place as back room deals for some folks favored by certain sales reps.

troy12n

Reaction score
Those owners that are thinking this is going to change availability will still be unhappy in the future. Me, personally, I'll continue to work for the discounted reservations I am able to find because I know how the system works, I took the time to understand and figure things out, and check for reservations at times I have learned to be optimum. No loopholes, no whining, not crying victim or that someone is stealing my reservations, just being responsible for myself.

You know what, it may very well not help global availability much. Time will tell. But it will make me feel a little better that I know that those reservations are in all likelihood going to a family that paid full price for their timeshare, and are using it for their own family to have a wonderful vacation.

They aren't going to someone who bought some points on ebay for pennies and run a pseudo travel agency from their laptop in their living room. Sitting up at Midnight Eastern to snipe prime weeks.

Am I making generalizations and assumptions? Sure... am I pretty confident that these assumptions are pretty accurate? Yep! And comments from some of the key players either now, or in the past have borne that out.

Like I have said dozens of times, I have sympathy for people who are VIP's and have a small or medium portfolio of resales they used for personal use that they now have to manage differently. These people know who the enemy is here... and it's not the "big W"... it's the "wanna-be travel agents". So please place blame where it belongs. If nothing else, be thankful that you were able to get away with it for as long as you did. You probably had a pretty good ride and in all honesty unless you were running a business, this probably won't affect you much.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

The ELT certainly drives the corporate culture. It always does. I see glimmers of hope, and am cautiously optimistic looking forward, but am open to being wrong if/when that time comes and to constructive criticisms at any point along the way. For example - I did not think the VIP resale issue would be dealt with so quickly. @dgalati called it right, I called it wrong - certainly the timing of it at the very least.

Lastly - you mentioned the sales weasel term. While I own a couple of non-Wyndham timeshares that I use for PIC - I do not own any other timeshares from the other larger timeshare companies like HGVC, Diamond (now merging into HGVC), BG, Marriott, Disney, etc. Are the sales practices at the other large competitors different when compared to Wyndham? I’ve been to a few BG presentations prior to buying into Wyndham - and they seemed to use the same FUD sales tactics as Wyndham IME.

Thanks for your message. No need to apologize. Yes, any social media can be challenging. Since you tagged me, I felt I should respond. And realize I should be more careful throwing my they's around.

I have been to so few timeshare presentations, I can't speak to how they compare. Surprisingly not many Wyndham's even (my guess is less than 10), my husband is definitely not a fan (most I was by myself, a few with my Dad). And maybe 1 in Charleston for more of a subscription thing and similar presentation here in Omaha (at Gorat's, Warren Buffet's hangout (Warren wasn't at the presentation)).

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best way to hold value would have been for VIP benefits to be based on points owned. Not important if retail or resale.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I remember the first time someone pointed out the loophole of resale points being used with VIP discounts. Boy did that comment go over like a lead Zeppelin!
What turned me off from W was when it was explained how the Mega guys manipulated reservations to make sure they could get their upgrade from a studio to 2br in the discount window. I prefer a more even playing field competing for reservations.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What turned me off from W was when it was explained how the Mega guys manipulated reservations to make sure they could get their upgrade from a studio to 2br in the discount window. I prefer a more even playing field competing for reservations.

That is not loophole anymore. Hasn't been for about five years. I remember we were at Shearwater when that stopped. Six years? Five years? When was that.

The timeshare game has always been that for me, and now I am losing at that game. It's better to give up than wait until the end, when victory goes to Wyndham.

Wyndham was good for us for a long time.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

I agree. I bought resale then found out I could rent from a VIP cheaper then paying my maintenance fees. In the 60 day discount window it was usually 1/2 my cost or less depending on if I received a free room upgrade. When no availability showed for me I turned to a PR owner and had good luck with booking inventory. Trading of deeds worked until the negative balance came about. Overall owning can work but you have to learn the system and make it work for your travel needs. More then few non VIP owners work the system and enjoy 35-40% discounts on inventory when available.

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm not a mega renters, much less a renter, but I manipulated upgrades. One time I went from a one bedroom at Ocean Ridge to a four bedroom. I did something similar several times at Panama City and many times at Ocean Walk. It wasn't hard if you had enough points to tie up inventory.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Anyone have a copy of the letter Wyndham is sending out to MRs?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
That is not loophole anymore. Hasn't been for about five years. I remember we were at Shearwater when that stopped. Six years? Five years? When was that.

The timeshare game has always been that for me, and now I am losing at that game. It's better to give up than wait until the end, when victory goes to Wyndham.

Wyndham was good for us for a long time.

It was May 2017.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or they could be going to me. ;)

But you're right, on average - the vast majority of owners paid full price. Resale (non-VIP) owners are in the minority.
Got 15 minutes to make them all disappear. Or book the ones in between then cancel them. At first it was book them and cancel right away as they would come back the next day. Most VCs were happy to help.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
only on TUG could something like this get dug up from 5 years ago, to again beat up the dead horse. Sorry for that analogy Ron.

I learned a lot from Ron about W, enough to know I wanted nothing to do with that system. I have a lot of respect for how he was willing to share his knowledge here.

For people that followed him he made it perfectly clear what he was doing getting rid of stripped contracts. TUG rules got changed, big deal, stuff changes all the time, get over it and move on.

I aint dead yet

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be clear, it appears to be primarily one poster who seems to feel he was wronged somehow. He made it a personal vendetta to get Ron's listings removed, and continues to insist on bad mouthing him and calling him a "con" and implying that the TUG powers that be agreed (although to the best of my knowledge not one of them ever called what he was listing a "con", just that it did not fit what they defined as the purpose of the bargain forum).

What that one guy didnt understand was my motivation.

First a little background

I was adding wyndhan contracts to my account every year. With each new purchase I put 3 years of points into the credit pool and and emailed my points manager to advise him that there were more points in the account for him to use and to bill him at $6/thousand for those points. Also at the first of each year the points. in my contracts, 3 years out, became visible and available to be deposited into the pool for immediate use. I did this credit pooling, and called my points manager to tell him what had just become available to use, and I billed him at $6/1000 points

If you dont see the problem I had developing it was this,

In my first year of ownership of any one contract, I made out like a bandit....buy a million points , put 3 million into the pool, pay $6000 in fees, collect $18000 from my points manager. 5 million new points got me $60000 in the first year. BUT (and it was a big but) in the second year I broke even on those 5 million, I had to buy 5 million more to make my $60000 and in the 3rd year i would make $60000 on new points, but break even on 10 million

so when I got to 30 million points (in 2014) I knew I had to do something, all those "break even points' were weighing me down My points manager could only handle so much. . There were other points managers but they had limits too. Bottom line was....I needed to get rid of those stripped contracts. I considered, transferring the contracts to a corporation or LLC and walking away from them. I spent a lit of time on the phone talking to everyone I could looking for a solution. Finally I found a guy that said he had a buyer. No CWA and no converted weeks.. only the UDIs and not much money.. So I sent him all my deeds, he prepared new deeds for my signature, which I signed and then the checks started arriving. 20 million points, $100,000 The next year (2015) I made the bet that I could do it again.. and I did, But instead of 20million points all at once, I bought, stripped and sold in small pieces, that added up to 20 million points and they paid me a lot less, but I didnt care, I would have paid them to take this stuff I made my money on the front end at $18/1mm, less maintenance fees while I owned this stuff ...only a couple of months And I kept doing it into 2016

So thats the background, and here is my point,, In 2016. when I posted on the bargain deals forum I didnt need the TUG bargain deals forum to move my stripped contracts. I did think there might be some Tuggers that for their own reasons might want one or two of them. By this time I had figured out that it was Wyndham buying my contracts, and rather than giving them my contracts at less than $3/1000 that they would sell for $150. Id give them to tuggers for free. If they had a use for them If no one had a use for them.. that was ok too.

I realize that it was like me walking into the kitchen offering to help with the cleanup after thanksgiving dinner, when I knew that the cleanup was done... but I thought Id at least get credit for asking, not attacked..

By the way if you think I was trying to get away with something at Thanksgiving ..think again I was the one up early, doing the meal prep

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
He certainly expressed his thoughts in a much more diplomatic way than I did. But feel free to point out where anything I said was factually inaccurate.

The only people I feel sorry for are the owners who used their points for themselves and their family vacation and maybe who in the process rented a stay or two to help defer MF costs. Not the "number of GC's in the hundreds" crowd...

I'm not holding punches, if you don't like me expressing my opinion, please feel free to put me on ignore...

Not holding punches?, good.. I wont either.. Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one... You are free to have whatever opinion you want... what you cant have are your own facts

Your opinion may be that 2+2+5, but you would be wrong

Having said that,, You may be right about large scale commercial renting hurting the smaller owners. But the real damage was done when they bought their timeshares at inflated prices

You cant say commercial activity is against the rules, unless the rules define what commercial activity is

The question I have is this... If commercial renting is wrong and bad for the Club , why doesn't Wyndham, on behalf of the Club take direct action to stop it.? The fact is that they havent. In the early 2000's they added fees and and stopped doing owner to owner transfers of points. to make renting less profitable but they didnt stop it In 2016 they froze our accounts for "unusual activity". and threatened to sue us, not for renting, but for stealing points. When I told them to "*bleep* Off...Sue Me They threw a ton of money my way to convince me to go away They changed the rules again and others continued to rent... And now instead of flat out banning renting, they change the rules to limit discounts, again making renting less profitable, but not banning it

As long as its possible to reserve a one bedroom at Avenue Plaza or La Belle Maison for the 4 nights leading up to Mardi Gras Tuesday, , for under $500 and rent it for $500/night Its gonna happen,..

To end renting Wyndham is gonna have to end renting, and stop playing games

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.
It might be time for a quick joke to lighten things up. Some probably have heard this old joke & I’ll shorten it up
Bartender cut the drunk guy off.
Drunk guy stewed for awhile & said to the bartender, give me another drink & I’ll tell you something about your wife that you don’t know.
Bartender thought for a minute & curiosity got em, ok tell me the secret about my wife
Drunk guy replies, your wife has 2 assholes & you’re the biggest one!!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be clear, it appears to be primarily one poster who seems to feel he was wronged somehow. He made it a personal vendetta to get Ron's listings removed, and continues to insist on bad mouthing him and calling him a "con" and implying that the TUG powers that be agreed (although to the best of my knowledge not one of them ever called what he was listing a "con", just that it did not fit what they defined as the purpose of the bargain forum).
Vendetta? Look back on post #375 and the original thread in March, 2015. There were no personal vendettas; there was universal agreement that the 29 crappy contracts belonged in the TUG Marketplace. They were most denifitely NOT a "bargain.

That was the objection by all the opposing posts. Anyone who is interested may look back on that thread and easily determine that a number of posters objected to listing the crappy, stripped accounts in the Bargain Deals Forum. Some were quite vocal
Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
Here's a query of Wyndham contracts sold on eBay recently for less than $100. Many didn't sell at all, even for a dollar.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...udlo&_udhi=100

Wow, I think moderator should move this ["FREE" Wyndham points contracts] out of "bargain deals" to some other forum "ripoff deals"

What that one guy didnt understand was my motivation.
Oh, one guy did understand about trying to pass off a cash flow problem to others with the impratur of "Bargain", and it did take a lot of explaining to the renter-friendly moderator(s) of the Bargain Deals Forum at the time, but it eventually did get kicked-up to the one guy in charge, and timeshare contracts stripped of usage for which the maintenance fees were not paid (ALL such timeshares, not just Wyndham or "Ron's") were prohibited from the Bargain Deals Forum and directed to the TUG Marketplace. Anyone may look at the rules for the TUG Bargain Deals now and see this.

In 2017, Wyndham changed the rules to prohibit stripping future Use Years of their points and caught up with the progressive actions of TUG.

It has been 5 years. What does it matter now? Just let it go.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vendetta? Look back on post #375 and the original thread in March, 2015. There were no personal vendettas; there was universal agreement that the 29 crappy contracts belonged in the TUG Marketplace. They were most denifitely NOT a "bargain.

That was the objection by all the opposing posts. Anyone who is interested may look back on that thread and easily determine that a number of posters objected to listing the crappy, stripped accounts in the Bargain Deals Forum. Some were quite vocal

Oh, one guy did understand about trying to pass off a cash flow problem to others with the impratur of "Bargain", and it did take a lot of explaining to the renter-friendly moderator(s) of the Bargain Deals Forum at the time, but it eventually did get kicked-up to the one guy in charge, and timeshare contracts stripped of usage for which the maintenance fees were not paid (ALL such timeshares, not just Wyndham or "Ron's") were prohibited from the Bargain Deals Forum and directed to the TUG Marketplace. Anyone may look at the rules for the TUG Bargain Deals now and see this.

In 2017, Wyndham changed the rules to prohibit stripping future Use Years of their points and caught up with the progressive actions of TUG.

Im happy to let it go, and I dont care what you think of me. but as long as you continue to call me a con man I wont... Im not looking to change your mind, only that you stop vilifying me in a public forum. And if you wont, I'll continue to respond

By the way I think what wyndham is dong regarding the transfer of stripped contracts is wrong. I dont understand why they feel its necessary or even legal to interfere in transaction that they are not party to. The terms of a contract should be between buyer and seller