• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Canterbury

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering a resale at Wyndham Canterbury. It is bienniel, 276K points. I have a couple other points systems TS - DVC and WM. Is Wyndham similar?

I would be using it primarily for home resort stays, but normally prefer 3 or 4 night stays. In WM, shorter stays can be booked 90 days out or less. Is Wyndham the same?

Is Canterbury hard to get? Example, I own DVC VGC, but unless I plan very far ahead, I can't get a reservation, making it close to worthless to me.

What are the banking/borrowing options? If I have 13K leftover points, what can I do with them?

Would this be a good trader? I know it will trade well in SFX, but what about RCI?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You dont have to wait to book short stays, but the points required to stay here are high..with only 276000 points you will have to do partial weeks

09-San-Francisco-PC1.gif

note the requirement at the bottom of the chart..Fri or Sun check in or check out required 3 night minimum

discounts are routinely offered here so I assume that availibility is not a problem here

World Mark has a property in San Francisco too...can I ask why you are looking at Canterbury?

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
World Mark has a property in San Francisco too...can I ask why you are looking at Canterbury?

Full kitchen!!!

I have kids staying at WM San Fran right now and they have a microwave and mini fridge. That will be okay for a night or maybe even 2, but most of my family have significant dietary restrictions. Eating out is difficult.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
276,000 is not going to get you much. Just an idea of the points (even discounted). A full 7 night stay checking in the 23rd of March is 225,000 discounted in a 1BR. Here is a midweek 4 night stay. Weekends are of course more.

03/26/2012 4nights 1 Bedroom Deluxe 144,000 108,000

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Full kitchen!!!

I have kids staying at WM San Fran right now and they have a microwave and mini fridge. That will be okay for a night or maybe even 2, but most of my family have significant dietary restrictions. Eating out is difficult.

I have the same problem. Full kitchen is a must!
Gluten intolerance,some with dairy issues, one with Shellfish allergy

We should start a sub group in TUG and vacation together and share cooking duties. I get tired of cooking on vacation. I always research to find some accommodating restaurants. Costco is great for prepared foods that are safe!

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Full kitchen!!!

Only the Presidentials have full kitchens

Helpful Hints:

Please note that there is no onsite parking; however, our optional valet service is $30 plus tax per night per vehicle with in and out privileges. Vehicles with a handicap plaque are subject to regular valet fees.

This urban-style resort only offers full kitchens in its Presidential units. The one bedroom units and the only two bedroom unit offer an under-the-counter refrigerator and microwave.

All standard Presidential and Presidential Reserve units have a washer/dryer in the unit. Owners staying in any other unit types may utilize the laundry facilities available on select floors.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only the Presidentials have full kitchens

Helpful Hints:

Please note that there is no onsite parking; however, our optional valet service is $30 plus tax per night per vehicle with in and out privileges. Vehicles with a handicap plaque are subject to regular valet fees.

This urban-style resort only offers full kitchens in its Presidential units. The one bedroom units and the only two bedroom unit offer an under-the-counter refrigerator and microwave.

All standard Presidential and Presidential Reserve units have a washer/dryer in the unit. Owners staying in any other unit types may utilize the laundry facilities available on select floors.

Thanks for the additional details. It looks like I could book a 4 night stay w/Sunday check in in a 2bed presidential for 240K credits. Not saying that I would. I'm just getting the lay of the land.

What would I be able to do with the extra 36K credits? Would there be any benefit to depositing that to RCI?

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional details. It looks like I could book a 4 night stay w/Sunday check in in a 2bed presidential for 240K credits. Not saying that I would. I'm just getting the lay of the land.

What would I be able to do with the extra 36K credits? Would there be any benefit to depositing that to RCI?

So far I have never had any extra points. My points are every year so I wind up borrowing a few from the next year to avoid the wasted points and do a night in AC or add a night to a Florida stay. If I had your points I would hypothetically do a 2 BR deluxe (as opposed to a PR) and save the 48,000 points. Combine those with the 36K and use for an additional trip. Also if you booked in the discounted period with a 20% discount the 4 night in a 2BR would be 153,600 and a 3 night would be 115,200. Using the Sun-Thurs rate you would have about 8K leftover.

There is also a pooling option. Where the points are good for 3 years so if you did it that way and used the points right you could get a 3 or 4 night stay every year. Not sure how that works with a biennial. I am sure someone on here can fill you in on that.

dr_adventure

Reaction score
I stayed at the Canterbury for about 2 weeks - I also put my mom and her husband up - I had a 2 br Presidential and they had a one Br (for one week). They are fantastic there - on Friday they do a welcome for owners (not by sales but by the hotel side) and it is VERY nice - You don't need a car - the public transport is great. There are many small stores close and Whole Foods is not that far. Great restaurants in the area. As for points - I'm platinum and was able to book 1br at 50% discount and upgrade to Pres - and that was only about 60 days out (maybe less). However - you don't need to own Canterbury to book there - but the MF are lower.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the input. Double thanks to Ron for also answering my PM with more questions. :p

I am outbid and letting it go. I am not sure which way I will proceed. Shell has Fisherman's Wharf, which has kitchens. Lots to ponder still.