• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham blocking transfer

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or do you believe Wyndham rents to help owners cover maintenance fees.
It’s not my belief, it’s a FACT that EH rents out owner rentals to help or pay owners MFs. You can bash everything Wyndham all you want like you do in most of your post, but it‘s a FACT that EH does help some owners.

Wyndham is-was the biggest renter before & after some mega renters were put out of their ownership.

The better question is, do you have anything better to do than to nonstop bashing a product that many of us thoroughly enjoy & cherish the lifelong memories we’re creating with family & friends?? We get it, you don’t like anything Wyndham!!! So move on finding something else to do with your life!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s not my belief, it’s a FACT that EH rents out owner rentals to help or pay owners MFs. You can bash everything Wyndham all you want like you do in most of your post, but it‘s a FACT that EH does help some owners.

Wyndham is-was the biggest renter before & after some mega renters were put out of their ownership.

The better question is, do you have anything better to do than to nonstop bashing a product that many of us thoroughly enjoy & cherish the lifelong memories we’re creating with family & friends?? We get it, you don’t like anything Wyndham!!! So move on finding something else to do with your life!!
I truly love and enjoy the resorts and I have made it work for me in a unconventional manner. I visited the resorts several times last year and 3 times already this year. Not bashing but stating truth. EH helps few when the owner only receive 40% barley enough to cover maintenance fees even If the whole week is rented. If only 3 days rent oh well tough luck? At least when I rent I pay at least the maintenance fees on points rented. This is a open forum and my and other opinion that you may disagree with may be and is helpful to many that may not buy up to VIPP. What works for you may not work for everyone. Please try to keep a open mind that what works well for you and other VIP owners may not work for others.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I truly love and enjoy the resorts and I have made it work for me in a unconventional manner. I visited the resorts several times last year and 3 times already this year. Not bashing but stating truth. EH helps few when the owner only receive 40% barley enough to cover maintenance fees even If the whole week is rented. If only 3 days rent oh well tough luck? At least when I rent I pay at least the maintenance fees on points rented. This is a open forum and my and other opinion that you may disagree with may be and is helpful to many that may not buy up to VIPP. What works for you may not work for everyone. Please try to keep a open mind that what works well for you and other VIP owners may not work for others.

The owners get 60% last I heard. It is definitely not an option I recommend because it is risky. You could lose the points if they only rent part of your reservation. However, something is always better then nothing. It’s certainly a better return rate then converting your points to maintenance fees the majority of the times. Assuming it rents that is. I agree that renting yourself is a better option but many would prefer Wyndham do the majority of the work like marketing, payment processing, etc. Wyndham also takes the risk if the buyer decides to dispute the charge and claim they didn’t get what they pay for. Owners wouldn’t know how to deal with that, so it makes them easier targets for that type of scam. So yeah, Wyndham takes a big chunk out of the profit, but that pays for the services Wyndham provides and the risks they take on. I’m sure there is profit padded in there too. Any business needs to make a profit to keep the doors open. Whether 40% is excessive, I don’t know. I don’t know what their costs are. EH makes it easier to rent your reservation, but it does come with its own risk. Many owners who don’t want to deal with renters are willing to take the risk. I’m half tempted to book a weekend somewhere, and try to rent it out through Extra Holiday. I’ve never done it. My comments are based on what Wyndham advertises and what others have said. I only want to do a weekend because it’s less risk of only part of the reservation renting. If I learn anything interesting, I’ll start a new thread.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Quick update and request.
1. They finally gave me a second member number that some say will fix the problem (I doubt it).
2. Does anyone have a phone number for Wyndham Corporate? The 407-626-5200 just says not open. I'm looking for CEO office or Legal Counsel office.
Thanks

If you have a second member number, that’s two separate accounts. As far as I know, you cannot combine points on two separate accounts. They would have to be merged into one. Is that the plan or are you going to just deal with two accounts?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
You may have been labeled a mega renter just by the number of points you own. I don't think Wyndham digs into usage, because that takes time. On the surface, 10M points says it all as far as Wyndham is concerned.

That was my thinking to. I think there are just certain things that trigger red flags and they do stuff without digging deeper.

MattD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If you have a second member number, that’s two separate accounts. As far as I know, you cannot combine points on two separate accounts. They would have to be merged into one. Is that the plan or are you going to just deal with two accounts?
My plan is just dealing with two accounts. I was told I needed to do this to buy the contracts they blocked. Down the road - who knows.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why don’t you take your own advice?? EH doesn’t work for you, so what move on.
The next owner might rely on EH for help using up extra points ? It works for them as you say yourself, so what’s it to you ?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
The next owner might rely on EH for help using up extra points ? It works for them as you say yourself, so what’s it to you ?
No need to become aggressive, hostile or rude. Are you always this uncomfortable with others opinions that you don't agree with? Make your ownership work and try to be more open minded to others opinions and the way they make it work. You can learn from others if you looked ourside of your perception of what Wyndham is really selling.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
No need to become aggressive, hostile or rude. Are you always this uncomfortable with others opinions that you don't agree with? Make your ownership work and try to be more open minded to others opinions and the way they make it work. You can learn from others if you looked ourside of your perception of what Wyndham is really selling.

Unfortunately you repeating virtually the same things over and over has come across as making it seem like anyone who buys developer or uses Extra Holidays is pretty much a fool. I'm not saying that's your intent, just the result.

I had to stop for a minute and think about what you said about what Wyndham is really selling. My take is that sure you get a deed or a contract for your money but what Wyndham is really selling is a dream. The dream of having nice accommodations for yourself and your family for vacations. The dream of all the different places you can go. The dream of walking into a resort and your unit and being able to explore and ooh and ahh over it but also knowing what you can expect in how the kitchen is equipped, that you will have a washer and dryer or access to them, hair dryers in the bathrooms, etc. The dream that even if you can't afford to fly clear across the country, do a big Disney vacation, eat dinner out every night, that you can still have a nice vacation because you have the timeshare. You can go to a resort at a beach, in the mountains, near places you can explore and find things to do that aren't expensive.

Many of us grew up in the era of the picture below. A vacation was staying in the little Mom and Pop motels, tent camping or staying with family who lived hours away. For some it was going to the State or County Fair or day trip to an amusement park a couple of hours away. Most of us still remember those vacations. It gives us great pleasure to think that our children, grandchildren and some of us already have great grandchildren too that will have memories of vacations beyond anything we could have dreamed of when we were young or even just younger than we are now.

1583295193031.png

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Unfortunately you repeating virtually the same things over and over has come across as making it seem like anyone who buys developer or uses Extra Holidays is pretty much a fool. I'm not saying that's your intent, just the result.

I had to stop for a minute and think about what you said about what Wyndham is really selling. My take is that sure you get a deed or a contract for your money but what Wyndham is really selling is a dream. The dream of having nice accommodations for yourself and your family for vacations. The dream of all the different places you can go. The dream of walking into a resort and your unit and being able to explore and ooh and ahh over it but also knowing what you can expect in how the kitchen is equipped, that you will have a washer and dryer or access to them, hair dryers in the bathrooms, etc. The dream that even if you can't afford to fly clear across the country, do a big Disney vacation, eat dinner out every night, that you can still have a nice vacation because you have the timeshare. You can go to a resort at a beach, in the mountains, near places you can explore and find things to do that aren't expensive.

Many of us grew up in the era of the picture below. A vacation was staying in the little Mom and Pop motels, tent camping or staying with family who lived hours away. For some it was going to the State or County Fair or day trip to an amusement park a couple of hours away. Most of us still remember those vacations. It gives us great pleasure to think that our children and grandchildren will have memories of vacations beyond anything we could have dreamed of when we were young or even just younger than we are now.
Well said, Jan. You nailed it!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Many of us grew up in the era of the picture below. A vacation was staying in the little Mom and Pop motels, tent camping or staying with family who lived hours away. For some it was going to the State or County Fair or day trip to an amusement park a couple of hours away. Most of us still remember those vacations. It gives us great pleasure to think that our children and grandchildren will have memories of vacations beyond anything we could have dreamed of when we were young or even just younger than we are now.

View attachment 17666
I agree with you Jan. Growing up vacations amounted to going to Geauga Lake or a few days at the Geauga county fair. I love the Wyndham resorts and the memories of spending time with family. I am a lucky guy that has found a way to travel and stay for less then the cost of a small hotel room. Without finding Wyndham It would not have been possible. My intent is not to make any one feel foolish or tell someone what works best for them. I try to give others a different point of view that might help them travel at a lower $/1000. I think we can we all agree there are several ways to enjoy these beautiful places and one size does not fit all? IMHO I just don't like the burden or commitment to maintenance fees. Many may find buying up to VIPP works for them while others like myself can make it work buying resale or just renting.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we can we all agree there are several ways to enjoy these beautiful places and one size does not fit all?
You’re the only one that disagrees with your own opinion & you’re oblivious to it!!
What’s wrong with being a VIP? Some like it, you bash it!!
What’s wrong with owners using EH? Some owners like using EH, you bash it!!

You’re the only one that nonstop constantly bashes your own statement “ one size does not fit all “.

My intent is not to make any one feel foolish or tell someone what works best for them.
Then stop the nonstop bashing of what others find “ works best for them “

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You’re the only one that disagrees with your own opinion & you’re oblivious to it!!
What’s wrong with being a VIP? Some like it, you bash it!!
What’s wrong with owners using EH? Some owners like using it, you bash it!!

You’re the only one that nonstop constantly bashes your own statement “ one size does not fit all “.

Then stop bashing what others find “ works best for them “
You may have forgot a few. I also bash Ovations for setting the resale price at $0. This program is very profitable not only to Wyndham but also their shareholders. @Fredflintstone and helps Wyndham pay that 4.5% dividend. This does not mean I wouldn't use Ovations and It has helped me buy cheap resale deeds by Wyndham setting the price at $0. Try to keep a open mind to the way others make Wyndham work to their advantage. Just because I bash it doesn't mean I wouldn't find a way to make it work in my favor.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try to keep a open mind to the way others make Wyndham work to their advantage.
It’s not a matter of open or closed minded. Most understand the positives & negatives keeping both sides in perspective.
You just like to ddwwwweeeeellllllllllll on the negative side repeating yourself over & over & over & over & over forever

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s not a matter of open or closed minded. Most understand the positives & negatives keeping both sides in perspective.
You just like to ddwwwweeeeellllllllllll on the negative side repeating yourself over & over & over & over & over forever
Try not to ddwwwweeeeellllllllll so much on what I post. Your time could be better spent helping others learn the system to make it work for their situation. I can recommend other hobbies for you other then trolling what I or others post.

MattD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Try not to ddwwwweeeeellllllllll so much on what I post. Your time could be better spent helping others learn the system to make it work for their situation. I can recommend other hobbies for you other then trolling what another posts.
Omg - give it a rest