• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndam discovery

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello hello - ever since my traumatic Mexican timeshare I rescinded I have harbored a fascination with timeshares. Just sat on a presentation at Nashville . Did not buy but decided to buy the discovery package. Thought it was a chance to try out the system. Got 400.000 points for 2 years I was enrolled in perks can't remember if I also get access to Last Calls. He said would have Rico account. Cost 3,375

So tell me is my thoughts right a good trial ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello hello - ever since my traumatic Mexican timeshare I rescinded I have harbored a fascination with timeshares. Just sat on a presentation at Nashville . Did not buy but decided to buy the discovery package. Thought it was a chance to try out the system. Got 400.000 points for 2 years I was enrolled in perks can't remember if I also get access to Last Calls. He said would have Rico account. Cost 3,375

So tell me is my thoughts right a good trial ..

You could have done worse, but you could have gotten 400K worth of accommodations for less by renting.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Discovery means you also have to sit through more sales pitches, no?

Last edited:

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
OP needs to do a LOT more studying before even THINKING about t/s ownership. Stop! Start reading! Do some homework & Due Diligence.

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it's there back up when you don't buy. I have time to rescind still they also locked me in on a deal but I don't think it's that great

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
The deal is awful. Depending on where you want to go, you might find 105K points challenging unless you credit pool and use multiple years of points to get what you want.

If you end up finding that 105K works for you, you can find a contract like that with similar points for a price ranging from free to a few hundred dollars. And the "RCI FOR LIFE!!!!!!"? Yeah, all Club Wyndham owners have that, retail or resale, and it isn't free. You are actually paying for it in your annual Club Fee. The dollar amount he crossed out to enlist in Plus Partners is not a special deal for you. All retail buyers are enrolled in Plus Partners and pay an extra few dollars a year for it over resale buyers who don't have the privilege. It isn't worth the $2,400 they show, much less $18K.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Discovery means you also have to sit through more sales pitches, no?

It's expected that the Discovery purchaser will attend a meeting sometime during use to buy a new contract. The price paid for the package (equity) will be applied toward that new contract plus any unused points can be saved in the new account. If the purchaser already owns Wyndham, they will not let you use the package points in your existing account without an additional purchase.

Reality is that no one has to attend any meeting, nor do they have to sign any waiver papers. I have told them no and refused to attend any meeting (or sign anything) and there was nothing they could do about it. My handful of Discovery unused points just expired and the package price I paid gave us a nice vacation. We used it for the Land and Sea deal in the Discovery Directory plus some stays on the way home from the cruise port. I hated having to call in to make reservations for the package points.

Last edited:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it's there back up when you don't buy. I have time to rescind still they also locked me in on a deal but I don't think it's that great

That deal isn't all that great. They are betting you'll very soon want more points; so they can sell you a Second time. They are selling you CWP so they can next time tell you that you really want CWA. Did they say which resort this is for?

I recommend that you read the information in the Member Directory. See how many points it takes to get what you want. See what VIP gets you and then decide if you need that or can go with resale points. You don't have to accept that deal.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just Rescind!

You do not understand WHAT you brought and you will be badger beyond belief to attend these OWNER Updates to upgrade and spend tens of thousands of dollars.

With your $3375, you could RENT 3 vacations @ $1125 for each week at many/most resorts (most likely only 2 weeks in Hawaii but you would NOT have enough points to book there but for a week to 10 days thru this program).

Or you could spend your $3375 and JUST buy for your own membership with no loan.

Multiple tenants (yes, people who rented a vacation stay from me) have been badgered endlessly to attend a sales presentation (sales staff working a variety of titles and positions).

Front end supervisors told me that to attend, they will assign a renter a BETTER VIEW or larger unit....as they have MOVE the sales staff into the Front Desk staff and management. And if they BUY, the rest of their vacation WILL BE in the BEST UNITS on the property.

My deeded fixed week ...was occupied when my guest arrived at 10PM ... because the front desk MOVED that guest into MY DEEDED WEEK. (That is like your neighbor putting AirBnB guests in your home ... because you were on vacation).

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe I will write a letter rescinding at leave it at there timeshare office. I never was going to purchase the frozen deal. Thought I would try out the 400k points if it worked for me would by resale. I gues I liked Wyndam because of how long they have been in business and ok my timeshare sales man was really really nice . I have Ben reading this sight a lot but will do better I have so many questions s to ask but don't ad I figure you've been asked them s thousand times before. Also Wyndam was seeded and they kept saying inflation. Proof but I don't see how they figure that

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cwp. Cwa ??? The deal which I was not going to get was deeded to Nashville property they said it did not matter where it was deeded to but that concerned me

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe I will write a letter rescinding at leave it at there timeshare office. ...

NO!

Yes, it is SUNDAY but google post office hours opened on Sunday. Most major markets/population centers, do HAVE 1 post office open for limited hours.

You need to send it BY CERTIFIED MAIL to the address in your contract to cancel. HAND write it and photo copy it.

AND if this is the LAST DAY ALLOWED for to rescind ... use a commerical delivery service like Airborne or USP with PROOF of MAILING and PROOF of SERVICE/DELIVERY.

AND if you want to ALSO do the hand delivery ... get at least 2 or more receipted and readable signatures plus video/picture via cell phone your delivery.

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I bought Friday so thought I had time . I am never doing this again

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I bought Friday so thought I had time . I am never doing this again

If you brought FRIDAY March 4th, you are MOST LIKELY okay to rescind with a Monday March 7th mailing. If you brought the week BEFORE, you need to read you paperwork to see what is given as the number of days for WHERE you brought ... posting the location on TUG might get answers that way, too.

You can certainly send the RESCIND paperwork late if beyond the deadline and SEE if they just process it anyway...stranger things than that have happen in the universe.

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought at there Nashville property and am still here will get letter wrote and printed tonight

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought at there Nashville property and am still here will get letter wrote and printed tonight

write your letter, and print it and sign it, then find the nearest post office to mail it to the address in your purchase and sale agreement. Then if you want to do something with it at the resort; do that, but understand giving it to the housekeeper or front desk or to your salesman makes no difference, the copy that counts will be the one mailed to the Orlando or Las Vegas address (whichever one is specified in your agreement)

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow glad you said that made me review contract they only accept cancellations by mail to there main office. In a way that's good no having to se those guys!! I'll be at the post office early tomorrow s d yes certified return receipt !

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have done two Wyndham rescissions in the past 5 years. Both times I was staying at a Wyndham resort and I hand wrote the note and had the resort FAX it to the number given in the paperwork.
It worked just fine. I called the next day to make sure they got it.
No problems.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have done two Wyndham rescissions in the past 5 years. Both times I was staying at a Wyndham resort and I hand wrote the note and had the resort FAX it to the number given in the paperwork.
It worked just fine. I called the next day to make sure they got it.
No problems.

Chances are there would be no problems if the op did this also but I understood he was going to take it to the sales office.. which I dont advise

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
No not going to sales office mailing certified return receipt

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got my refund . I'm still interested In possible timeshare with them ..... But need to learn more first. I'm an Internet search master and have usually been able to score good deals on vacation rentals I.e condos or houses that c

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are of equal value (I believe ) to owning a timeshare -- I am coming to the conclusion that timeshare is not always the best value - make sense

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It all depends on how you want to vacation. FWIW, the Discovery deal cost about $1000-1200 more than the underlying MF for those 400k points.

I don't recall if you can use the website for perusing vacancies and make bookings. If so, that is the one facet of ownership you'll never sort out by simply renting. Some folks take about 12-18 months to learn the nuances of the booking system and how to best get what you want. Others never master it completely.

chemteacher03

Reaction score
Me too!!!

I was quoted almost the exact same deal, but they had me finance it by opening up a credit card account and putting the 2800 balance on it. I just did this on Sunday and I am wondering if I can cancel it by sending in the rescinding papers to the Orlando office or the Las Vegas office. Will faxing it suffice? I rescinded a timeshare type of Discovery package through Holiday Inn Vacation Club a few years back and I had to send them a fax and also write them a letter. The sales group is just down the road as I am still here in Destin, FL and about to leave in the morning. Any suggestions for help would be greatly appreciated. I might be on the hook for this 2800, but definitely not going to be buying the timeshare through them. If I do, it will be through resale, if at all.

Let the advice begin...